• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Three biggest frustrations of your job.

DTS

The Business
JOB - MORTGAGE BROKER / IFA.

Biggest frustrations are as follows.

1. Underwriters - They are basically all failed mortgage brokers who seem to spend there lives pulling wholes in perfectly good deals. Touch wood I dont get many declines now as I have done it for so long but you can get so many idiots.

My mate Ben had a case declined recently for the sole reason that the customer was £50 overdrawn. I am sure that most people are overdrawn at some point in the month. Losers all of them.

2. Product Withdrawls - Basically we spend all week quoting deals, building a customer up and promting ABC Bank - The customer finally see's the light and I am given the go ahead. I go back to ABC Bank only for them to say - Oh sorry we withdrew that rate last night with no notice.

How annoying. I then have to re-work the whole case and start again. I look like a nobber as the deal has gone funny and yet I cant do anything about it.How hard can it be to give me a few days notice period.

3. Estate Agents - Sure you all hate them but dealing with them day in day out is painfull. They are basically the last hiding place of the rogue salesman.

I have to be qualified and it took me 3 years to be able to broke fully, your surveyor does a 5 year course, your solicitor does 5 years at law school and your estate agent.................Comes straught from Tesco's etc and starts thinking they are billy big bollocks.

Giving customers fiancial advice (Always poor) so they get the most comission is my main pet hate. They really are scum and I pray for the day the internet makes them obsolete.

Share yours with us now SZoners.

1. Sometimes we don't watch the right sport on the television.

2. It's slightly more difficult to concentrate on playing online poker when you're at work.

3. Only about 80% of the birds in the immediate vicinity are do-able.

Student....

1. There is always the Chicken Shish or Doner Meat decision to be made (for breakfast, lunch and tea!)

2. Snakebite and Black stains clothes

3. You always forget your Young Persons Railcard when you need it most!

Surely you must get some well boring customer,s have to sit in a smokey bar, have to work late sometimes etc etc???

True - and a couple of the waitresses are crap at their job which can make my life difficult at times ...

BUT

The sun is shining, it's about 30°C, and the terrace is currently populated by a succession of bikini-clad beauties - not much to get frustrated about at the moment ...

;)

Ok here goes...
Job - Trade manager for a liner Shipping Company.

1. All my staff are stupid.

2. Cutbacks now mean we have only one choice of coffee, instead of the nice assortment that they used to get us.
Plus it's now 11 o'clock and not one person has made me a drink.

3. I have to attend things like 'Town hall meetings' even though I have no idea what a one of these is.

Job: Helpdesk analyst.

1. Clients who don't listen to advice we give them and then moan when they get things wrong because they've f*cked it up.
2. People not getting back to you when you ask if a problem has been resolved but moaning if you don't give them a fix within 5 minutes
3. The programming team.

Having recently accepted voluntary redundancy from my company after 21 years of loyal unquestionable service ,I am know going to have to get a real job that will invove me doing some work,I am not going to cope very well!

Job : Lead software engineer for a large transactions/market data./news vendor.

1. I work with contractors who all seem to own aircraft and large houses in Surrey.

2. Endless management speak about town halls, low hanging fruit, flight risk, alpha, etc. etc.

3. Never ending battle trying to get software licences, hardware etc.

Working alongside people who don't give a toss about what you do
Dealing with another department who are clearly so useless at their job they spend all day asking you to do it
Flaming Moe

3. Estate Agents - Sure you all hate them but dealing with them day in day out is painfull. They are basically the last hiding place of the rogue salesman.

I have to be qualified and it took me 3 years to be able to broke fully, your surveyor does a 5 year course, your solicitor does 5 years at law school and your estate agent.................Comes straught from Tesco's etc and starts thinking they are billy big bollocks.

Have to agree with you here DTS. Recently bought a flat. Price agreed with seller speaking to them on phone regularly etc so just ahve to get the legal and financial stuff done. Estate Agents on phone to me constantly "greasing the wheels"...to protect their identity I will refer to them as 'Micer Spaccoll'.

About two or three weeks later, after details of sale had been sent to my solicitors who had confirmed purchase etc, my Dad sees a property he was interested in buying for investment purposes for sale on right move in similar area to my flat. He phones up the Estate Agents who happened to be the same Agents I had gone through. He arranged viewing and they then tell him that there was also a lovely 2 bedroom flat available in the same area....when he was given details to view this flat it turns out it was the one I was due to buy! They told him an asking price of £10k more then what I had accepted. Spoke to the seller about it and they didnt know anything about it (I beleived her...maybe naively), and she said she would take it up with the estate agents.

Now, not sure what Estate Agent's code of conduct says but it seemed pretty shoddy of them to be on the phone to me making sure everything was hunky dory, but at the same time trying to flog it to someone else.

Scum.

Oh and it took them 4 weeks to take the sold sign down after I moved in.

With regards to underwriters....current Mrs Number11 is an underwriter so obviously have to disagree with you on that one!

Job - Operations Manager for a large freight forwarding company.

1. I am based in Tilbury.:cry:

2. I have a colleague who is the worst type of bandwagon hopping West Ham supporter there ever can be.

3. This business is f*cked, and if I could get out I could.

Out of interest, whats your job Cricko that makes Solicitors the bane of your working life?

We buy and develop property....But the speed of Solicitors in this Techy day and age baffles me.

1, The whooshing noise that deadlines make as they go by.

2, Not having a boss and being in an empty house with internet connection leads to unscheduled 'Boob Breaks' which can hamper productivity.

3, Knowing that you can only rely on yourself to succeed and then realising that you are an hairy, unshaven 29 year old, with a unhealthy addiction to computer games, cheese and the History Channel.

Back