• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I like you too my red friend ;)

Yeah I am wrong for having a pop at the players I am sorry for that but many on here are talking like I spent the whole game abusing players!

Sorry , but I am not going to let this go as like Lord Football I hope that you can learn from this, and I don't think you will unless you actually listen and look in the mirror. Not once has anyone said you abused the team for the whole game (which is impossible as you were thrown out :winking:) , no one has questioned your support in other matches . But that doesn't make it 'alright' for even 10 seconds of the abuse you gave .

Sorry , but I am not going to let this go as like Lord Football I hope that you can learn from this, and I don't think you will unless you actually listen and look in the mirror. Not once has anyone said you abused the team for the whole game (which is impossible as you were thrown out :winking:) , no one has questioned your support in other matches . But that doesn't make it 'alright' for even 10 seconds of the abuse you gave .

So I snapped, not proud

Then step forward and help us move this forward and help us make a difference

Due to personal circumstances and conflicting priorities I can't go to more than 60% of home games or spend more time, or emotional effort supporting Southend . When I do go I give my full support, not all of the (pro southend ) chants start from the front of W block you know.

Surely there is a clear message for all fans;

We ask that; the Manager qualifies his decisions post match, regardless of the result.
; the selected team puts in a good 90 minute shift.

We will; support the team through thick and thin, accepting the fact that we are a broke club, operating under an umbargo, with a small squad, prone to injury, suspension and International call-ups.

I get the frustration and angst, and the fact that we are all entitled to express our opinions...

Top tip, do it on here and not during the game..............or in the bloody car park!!!

I feel for you Scott in the sense of whatever the W Block does wrong, it all seems to be blamed upon you.. Although the majority of the time it's non southend fans u16 looking for a cheap way to stay out late. If you look at our support at the away games with TBV leading, the impact i feel is more as it is true fans who are willing to spend time and money to back the team! (no disrespect to true fans who don't travel)

However Scott you don't help yourself with your antics such as this. That's why people on Sz give you a hard time. Having said that, nobody can take away the work and effort you put into TBV, essentially doing a lot of it on your own.

IMO, more people do need to group into TBV, but you need someone younger who is willing and able to do it, but i dont know that there is someone who can step up to the mark at this moment in time. You also need someone who can control these kids as the majority of the time they wouldn't even sing at these games!

Our "fans" are awful - they really are.

I get just as frustrated as the rest of you when we play crap, or lose matches, but the reaction and abuse that some dish out make it seem as though they think the players want to play crap. Which I'm sure they don't.

For as long as I can remember, I have felt we (over the course of a season) play much better, and win more games away, than we (should) at home. I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to work out why, the constant moaning and abuse that the players get at Roots Hall.

It actually makes me sad to go to home games now, and sit around the constant, and it is constant abuse the players get.

I've got no problem with turning to your mate, and saying "Bloody hell, Mr X is having a shocker tonight", but standing up, and hurling abuse at the players, or running to the front and getting all "bit time" just isn't on.

Grow up.

Fans like that need to realise that OUR club is in a mess. Regardless of manager, the operating constrainsts become very difficult. Players are worried if they are going to be paid on time/at all, and the chairman is slowly but surely killing our club.

This leaves you with a decision to make. You can either:

1) Do as some have, and decide to stay away until Ron is gone.
2) Roll you sleaves up, support the lads, and realise that a mid table finish in league 2 (and staying in the football league) is not a bad thing for SUFC.
3) Apply tape to your mouth before entering the ground.

I feel for you Scott in the sense of whatever the W Block does wrong, it all seems to be blamed upon you.. Although the majority of the time it's non southend fans u16 looking for a cheap way to stay out late. If you look at our support at the away games with TBV leading, the impact i feel is more as it is true fans who are willing to spend time and money to back the team! (no disrespect to true fans who don't travel)

However Scott you don't help yourself with your antics such as this. That's why people on Sz give you a hard time. Having said that, nobody can take away the work and effort you put into TBV, essentially doing a lot of it on your own.

IMO, more people do need to group into TBV, but you need someone younger who is willing and able to do it, but i dont know that there is someone who can step up to the mark at this moment in time. You also need someone who can control these kids as the majority of the time they wouldn't even sing at these games!

Harsh!! We have all been 16 and went to games with out our parents.

The problem with Scott is he wants to the face of the "supporters" yet unable to take the rough with the smooth.

Scott and I have been really good mates for many many years and its a shame people only ever see him for a drunken mess at football rather then the real Scott I see through out the week.

He doesnt mean to cause disstress or even upset others with his actions its just he has far to much passion in him which takes over before he has time to think.

The problem with Scott is he wants to the face of the "supporters" yet unable to take the rough with the smooth.

Scott and I have been really good mates for many many years and its a shame people only ever see him for a drunken mess at football rather then the real Scott I see through out the week.

He doesnt mean to cause disstress or even upset others with his actions its just he has far to much passion in him which takes over before he has time to think.

B&S then if you are good friend, you need to be bluntly honest with him, because one day he may pick on the wrong person and rather than a good old fashion punch up it could be a knife used and good forbid the consequences

Most people are fed up with his continuing whinges, fans are ****,players are ****, Im a mess,my parents have split up just to name a few on here, if you are truely a friend he needs help more than you can give, but guide him to it, he is the one who needs to understand he has the problem no one else can

Just wonder one day we may get a tragic case on here due to a stupid fight

UTS

True, but when i did it i supported the team instead of mouthing off to opposition fans with the protection of the barrier.

Think it was Bury last year that springs to mind.. Couple of 16 year olds mouthing off got halfway through the barrier and absolutely S*** their pants and ran back.. it's embarressing

Im afraid things have changed considerably in football over the years. I started watching Southend in 1980, the old 4th division, yet 34 seasons later here we are where it all started. Yet during all those years i have never singled out any player for abuse. If they wear the blue of Southend i support them, even when the going get tough. The old days of the North Bank surge, or standing on the old South Terrace are a distance memory, but i dont remember personally a group such as W block in all my time. They say they want to get behind the team, support them, be loud etc but in my opinion they are the complete opposite. I sat in the East Yellows, in my ST seat and asked an individual why he was booing Smith everytime he touched the ball, what was he going to achieve by doing it? his response was to tell me to F**K Off and leave if i didnt like it. He was probably around 18 years old. At the end i stayed as i always do and calpped the players off, this young lad had long gone.....i will be there for many many many more years i hope he isnt.

I think that the problem is people pay good money to watch a game these days. When they are subjected to what was by all accounts a shocking display in the 2nd half can get very vocal. There always was/ has been an element of supporters who slag of the players on a good day let alone when things are bad. I guess you pay the cash you get to have an opinion right or wrong

And its this type of (accurate) comment that hurts the most, as some of us are adults, and some of us support the team

Its fairly accurate, once the board went up for injury time there were about 40 peolple left in there. As for the comment of children, the behaviour regardless of age is that of children, although the only people that dont see it are those very same people. Its not a conincedence that the same topics crop up regarding the W block / or as last season the North Bank. The behaviour of many and not all in that area is a disgrace. Do you condone the abuse towards smith and it wasnt only W block there were individuals in the East stand as well, but they were told to shut up.

If as you say you are an adult and a supporter of the team i would question your common sense if you go in that Block. If it was me, i wouldnt want to be assoociated with them. Im not alone in this arguement as you will be aware. It is a constant topic, not helped by the fact that Scott got thrown out last night.

I think that the problem is people pay good money to watch a game these days. When they are subjected to what was by all accounts a shocking display in the 2nd half can get very vocal. There always was/ has been an element of supporters who slag of the players on a good day let alone when things are bad. I guess you pay the cash you get to have an opinion right or wrong

So your employer pays your salary. Would you be ok if he/she came into your office and shouted abuse at you for 90 mins. Just becasue you pay your money or buy your season ticket doesnt give you any right to publically abuse anyone. If you walked down the street and started randomly abusing people you would be arrested. It should be no different in a football ground. For gods sake people why do we have to go over the same things. We all SUPPORT Southend so lets do that.

So your employer pays your salary. Would you be ok if he/she came into your office and shouted abuse at you for 90 mins. Just becasue you pay your money or buy your season ticket doesnt give you any right to publically abuse anyone. If you walked down the street and started randomly abusing people you would be arrested. It should be no different in a football ground. For gods sake people why do we have to go over the same things. We all SUPPORT Southend so lets do that.

Agreed,
I will never understand why grown men think they have the right to abuse those on the pitch.

Fans have the right to voice opinion to their own team and players however it should be aired in a constructive manner, i.e. not using obscenities! I can understand fans venting anger to the opposition and referees (don't necessarily agree with it) but our own players, c'mon surely we're better than that?!!

Ok so you turn up fat, dumb and stupid, pay out 20 quid or so and sit there watching what was rubbish by all accounts. But so not to offend, you can't voice your opinion on how well they are playing or not. Supporting the team is one thing suppressing free speech is something totally different.

Back