• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ok so you turn up fat, dumb and stupid, pay out 20 quid or so and sit there watching what was rubbish by all accounts. But so not to offend, you can't voice your opinion on how well they are playing or not. Supporting the team is one thing suppressing free speech is something totally different.

Do you have to be fat ?

So your employer pays your salary. Would you be ok if he/she came into your office and shouted abuse at you for 90 mins. Just becasue you pay your money or buy your season ticket doesnt give you any right to publically abuse anyone. If you walked down the street and started randomly abusing people you would be arrested. It should be no different in a football ground. For gods sake people why do we have to go over the same things. We all SUPPORT Southend so lets do that.

My boss shouts abuse for 7 hours a day, then again he is a ****!

I was not there but it did sound like some players lost the plot, which may not for the first time. If supporters can't express their frustration at how well the team are performing we may as well all in North Korea towing the party line or else. Unconditional support does need reciprocation on the field which does seem to be lacking at this moment.

Ok so you turn up fat, dumb and stupid, pay out 20 quid or so and sit there watching what was rubbish by all accounts. But so not to offend, you can't voice your opinion on how well they are playing or not. Supporting the team is one thing suppressing free speech is something totally different.

10/10 post. If you are not allowed to voice any kind of view good or bad what's the point of a crowd attending? I also refuse to say well played boys if they have not played well whether that offends or not. If the team were not told by anyone they played **** then what's to say anyone in an official capacity will either? After all, i'll be there next week wanting an improvement.

10/10 post. If you are not allowed to voice any kind of view good or bad what's the point of a crowd attending? I also refuse to say well played boys if they have not played well whether that offends or not. If the team were not told by anyone they played **** then what's to say anyone in an official capacity will either? After all, i'll be there next week wanting an improvement.

Everyone is entitled to free speech but using obscenities in what is a public environment isn't really necessary surely? I occasionally shout less-than-helpful comments at the players however I don't use words that easily offend those around me and that ultimately lower the tone of the atmosphere.

I think the main point is abuse of the players,The silly name calling and downright oafish behaviour should not be tolerated in 2013!

Some of the abuse that Scott and the mainly innocent (and much more supportive than the rest of the ground) people in Block W are getting is worse than the abuse of the players. The debate about whether it is right to abuse players will never be resolved, but I think the singling out of Scott and TBV (both by people on here and by stewards) when there are people on other stands that abuse the team ALL GAME is just as embarrassing.

Some of the abuse that Scott and the mainly innocent (and much more supportive than the rest of the ground) people in Block W are getting is worse than the abuse of the players. The debate about whether it is right to abuse players will never be resolved, but I think the singling out of Scott and TBV (both by people on here and by stewards) when there are people on other stands that abuse the team ALL GAME is just as embarrassing.

How many Southend fans were ejected last night?

Being told that the performance wasn't good enought after the final whistle is one thing.

General abuse is unacceptable in any capacity.

Those things don't just happen they are caused by people losing their self discipline probably fuelled by booze or worse.

People all around Roots Hall were very vocally abusing the players. Why are the guys in the South Upper, despite having been 'named and shamed' on here, still going to games? In fact when (the first few) goals went in, W Block were always the first to get back behind the team, like they are at all games.

People all around Roots Hall were very vocally abusing the players. Why are the guys in the South Upper, despite having been 'named and shamed' on here, still going to games? In fact when (the first few) goals went in, W Block were always the first to get back behind the team, like they are at all games.

Those blokes in South upper should be either warned to tone it down or banned,Their choice!

Wherever I have sat the number of big gobs are fairly small IMO and frankly if they were banned the match day experience for the majority will improve vastly ,I have been in the North once and it was embarrassing watching Southend fans behaving like wild animals goading the visiting fans or abusing their own team.Sorry I don't understand this behaviour.

Back