• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tilly's comments on Official Site

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tweedy @ May 12 2005,18:02)]stockport have a massive fan base
Ha ha ha ha!

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tweedy @ May 12 2005,17:26)]PLAYERS WOULD RATHER DROP OUT THE CHAMPIONSHIP AND PLAY IN LEAGUE 1 FOR A TEAM LIKE BARNSLEY,BRADFORD,STOCKPORT BECAUSE THEY ARE TEAMS WHO WILL ALWAYS BE LINKED WITH PROMOTION
Ha ha ha ha!

laugh.gif

Stockport have gone down!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tweedy @ May 12 2005,18:06)]IT BOOSTS THE NAME OF THE TEAM, TOWN, MANAGEMENT
Yeah look what happened when we got Ronnie Whelan, Alvin Martin, Neville Southall Mike Marsh

All big names Relegated in two years.......

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ May 13 2005,14:39)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tweedy @ May 12 2005,18:06)]IT BOOSTS THE NAME OF THE TEAM, TOWN, MANAGEMENT
Yeah look what happened when we got Ronnie Whelan, Alvin Martin, Neville Southall.

All big names
anton otulokakowski was a big name

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tweedy @ May 12 2005,18:14)]I have a nasty feeling that should we not get promoted then Millwall will approach Tilly.

Anyone share my thoughts?
No i don't.

Surely they would be more inclined to approach him if we get promoted???

Shrimper2thecore - Think you need to think before saying anything, not Tilly. everyone is quick to have a go at Tilly now, but at the end of the day he and brush have done great job. who would of thought that we would have been to the LDV final twice and fourth in the league a year ago. This is a time for getting behind the team not having ago. Yes I am not happy that we are in the play offs, but we are,so lets get on with it and help the team get out of this league !!!!!!!

the thing is that at the start of the season any club in this division would be happy with a playoff place.barring maybe brizzle rovers n northampton there was no real favourites for promotion. would you have put money on any of the top three at the start of the season?
the start of the season is a very long time ago and alot of things can and have changed since then. everyone would have been happy with a playoff place then but you have to look at the bigger picture. with six games to go it would have been easier to get automatic promotion than miss out. fact is we blew it - it was a massive underachievement if you look at it from there. you have to be joking if you think we have done well this season after the position we got ourselves in. dont get me wrong its has been a much improved season but if we dont get promoted now, what gain have we made? ok, a squad that has proved it can beat anyone in the league but we will still be a league 2 side and IMO that is not a success. before we move forward we have to except it. the players must realise they mucked up and prove to themselves, the team and fans that they deserve to be in league 1.

keep the faith

Thanks GNH, I will see you later for the friday Club night out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Tilly's latest comments on the web site, or should that be outburst, were not very well thought out, and it seems to me to be the outburst of someone who is feeling the pressure.

Im sorry Tilly, that old chestnut about exceeding doesnt cut any ice with me, and its all very well lapping up the plaudits when things are going well, but if you cannot take criticism when things are not going so well, then you shouldnt be in this industry matey.

You have to take the rough with the smooth, and paying customers have every right to criticise and comment on what they see if they think things are not going as they should be. Coming out and saying some of the comments are 'pathetic' and saying 'if they dont like the job im doing, then tough' is very arrogant, and not how he should be responding to the fans.

Yes, im sure he is dissapointed, as are the players, and yes I know he has to put a brave face on it and talk things up, but to come out and basically disregard what fans have said because it is negative is pretty poor PR in my book.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Richard_Cadette @ May 13 2005,15:19)]I think Tilly's latest comments on the web site, or should that be outburst, were not very well thought out, and it seems to me to be the outburst of someone who is feeling the pressure.

Im sorry Tilly, that old chestnut about exceeding doesnt cut any ice with me, and its all very well lapping up the plaudits when things are going well, but if you cannot take criticism when things are not going so well, then you shouldnt be in this industry matey.

You have to take the rough with the smooth, and paying customers have every right to criticise and comment on what they see if they think things are not going as they should be.  Coming out and saying some of the comments are 'pathetic' and saying 'if they dont like the job im doing, then tough' is very arrogant, and not how he should be responding to the fans.

Yes, im sure he is dissapointed, as are the players, and yes I know he has to put a brave face on it and talk things up, but to come out and basically disregard what fans have said because it is negative is pretty poor PR in my book.

So you can criticise but he can't? Drivel! He came out and called it as he sees it, and he sees it like most of the people on the board. Disappointed but keeping it in some sort of perspective.

Arrogant? You are totally arrogant if you think you have the right to slag off the team and management in perjorative terms and they have no right of reply. Tilly didn't ignore what the fans wrote. He disagreed with it. Now how about GETTING BEHIND THE TEAM until after the playoff's are over?

i agree RC, but dont you think this thread is starting to get a bit ironic? some fans write negative comments about the team, we dont like it because we need to get behind the team right now, tilly comes out all arrogant and defends the team and now we have a go at tilly for doing so? cant we all just get on?!
sad.gif
biggrin.gif

Im sorry mate, but i dont agree. He came out and basically whined because a few fans were expressing there discontent at our finish to the season. He called them pathetic and then went on to say if you dont like the job im doing, then tough.

Well considering it is US that pay his wages, put him where he is, and unconditionally support the team he manages, I suggest that unbelievably arrogant.

I support the team as much as the next man, and i will be at Sixfields getting behind them, but when in Tilly's position you have to have a little more respect for the people who put you there.

And if you are happy with the way the team finished the season, then fine. But whichever way you cut it, if we blow this promotion chase now, this WILL have been another failed season at Roots Hall

Drivel?... I think not

Tilly is hardly going to come out and say we have been crap and under performed the last couple of weeks is he?

stop f*****g moaning and knocking the players and lets get behind the team and be that 12th man.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Richard_Cadette @ May 13 2005,15:38)]Well considering it is US that pay his wages, put him where he is, and unconditionally support the team he manages, I suggest that unbelievably arrogant.
The trouble is, your support is anything BUT unconditional.

Shrimperman,

I do think there is a certain amount of irony here, and yes, your absolutely right, everyone should be pulling in the same direction in one last final effort to get out of this League.

However, being a realist, and much more a fan, it is impossible, well for me at least, to express dissapointment when the team fails to deliver. To a certain extent it isnt being negative, just realistic. Im just displaying dissapointment at us not finishing the job the way we should have done.

We do all have to be on the same side come Sunday though, you are right. Nothing that has happened will stop me singing for ninety minutes and giving the boys the support they need to achieve promotion!

What are you talking about?
rock.gif
?

Why is my support anything but unconditional??

Ive been going to Roots Hall since 1981, been to more games than had hot dinner, and will never give less than 100% backing to the team when im at a game.

If you think my criticism of Tilly is not supporting him, then so beit, but im just relaying the facts.

If I did not support my team unconditionally, then I wouldnt be on here posting because I wouldnt give a Barclays would i?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Richard_Cadette @ May 13 2005,15:46)]What are you talking about?
rock.gif
?

Why is my support anything but unconditional??

Ive been going to Roots Hall since 1981, been to more games than had hot dinner, and will never give less than 100% backing to the team when im at a game.  

If you think my criticism of Tilly is not supporting him, then so beit, but im just relaying the facts.

If I did not support my team unconditionally, then I wouldnt be on here posting because I wouldnt give a Barclays would i?
Because from my perspective, you aren't supporting the team right now. I would be amazed if at least some of the players don't read this, and for a fact what goes on on here is reported back Root's Hall (viz letters about posting links to videos, rapid response to rumours, etc). You get behind the team when things are going well, but you want to lay into them when things go wrong.

In my view, unconditional support forgoes the "angry criticism". Constructive criticism at the right time - yes. Lashing out publicly just before vital matches on which (for whatever reason) our whole season now hinges - no! Are you entitled to your view? Of course. Is it helpful to the team to express that view on here, just now? I don't think so.

And for clarity, I am not doubting for one instant that you are a loyal supporter. The whole nonsense about "Real" and "Glory" fans doesn't apply. This is purely about how we can best express our support for the team we both love.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
Because from my perspective, you aren't supporting the team right now. I would be amazed if at least some of the players don't read this, and for a fact what goes on on here is reported back Root's Hall (viz letters about posting links to videos, rapid response to rumours, etc). You get behind the team when things are going well, but you want to lay into them when things go wrong.

In my view, unconditional support forgoes the "angry criticism". Constructive criticism at the right time - yes. Lashing out publicly just before vital matches on which (for whatever reason) our whole season now hinges - no! Are you entitled to your view? Of course. Is it helpful to the team to express that view on here, just now? I don't think so.

I think if some of the players read this, then good. It might show them the strength of feeling amongst us fans.

Given that ive been a regular since i was 5, first game 1981, i have supported the team through plenty of tough times. I will support the team no matter how badly or how well they are doing, its not a case of not supporting them right now.

Yes, our season does hinge on the next two games, and I am one of only a few who think we will go through, despite my criticism, but I believe my criticism was constructive, and not just lashing out... I think Tilly was the one doing that!!
tounge.gif

But in all seriousness, I dont think it will have any kind of adverse affect on the team right now. The support which was in evidance at Grimsby was absolutely superb, so they know how we feel. BUT they also need to know how dissapointed we are, and how much it matters!

Back