• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

personally, at present I will be going to the match(s) . I understand the point but do not beleive it will work unless it is well coordinated, well publisied , the intentions are fully understood by all fans,and the majority of fans agree and comply. I know its early days but none of these points have been acheived IMO

Another potential way of getting the message across is via a petition.
Put simply some one rights in bullet points why we are fed up , sets it up on the web so we can sign it . Forward it to the trust to see if they would like to be involved/put their name to it. Then once it has a decent number of signatories on it send it to chris philips and ask him to publish the story with the link, which should get more signatories. And then hand it to Ron , again trying to get some pictures so it a story again in the echo.

the key is for someone to write up the points in a clear and concise mannor , not like some of the rants we have on here. This doesn't hurt the players or the finances but does raise anti Ron publicity in a very clear way.

Just an idea

First things first.

The players would need to be told it is not aimed at them in any way shape or form, if it is made clear that the boycott is actually to show support for them and our disgust at how they have been treated along with last seasons players and the fans they would 100% understand.

Does anyone think that the players who signed 1 year deals last summer and have now suffered the same fate as last seasons squad regarding late payment of wages will be staying anyway ? If they can find a club they will be gone. Next seasons team will largely consist of our current youngsters in my opinion.

dwb superb really superb, if it was tilly teams I reckon you would have hurled abuse you really take the biscuit​

I would never hurl abuse at any player that pulls on the Blue shirt. They may drive me mad a times, but I'll always support them, whoever is at the helm.

I can't see where you are coming from to be honest. I always supported Tilly and the team he picked.

Does anyone think that the players who signed 1 year deals last summer and have now suffered the same fate as last seasons squad regarding late payment of wages will be staying anyway ? If they can find a club they will be gone. Next seasons team will largely consist of our current youngsters in my opinion.

I would have thought that when they see close to 1,000 fellow Pros also out of work on 1st July, they may consider it.

I would have thought that when they see close to 1,000 fellow Pros also out of work on 1st July, they may consider it.

In which case if they are told the boycott isn't aimed at them I see no problem as far as the players are concerned.

At last, after all thats gone on it seems that there maybe some sort of protest at the next home match! The players will probably be as pleased as the fans if the ground is full of "Martin Out" chants. I am sure they dislike the guy as much as the rest of us, they will know that the protest is not against them. I remember in the Jobson days there was a "red card" protest against Vic and some of the players even produced them from under their shirts, Andy Ansah being one of them! How bad have things got to get at this club until some people get angry?!

Thing is you act like the players actually give a **** about SUFC .. i can virtually guarantee the VAST majority don't

You might be right that they don't care about SUFC in the way we do, but the vast majority do care about the fans, look how much that goal meant to Luke Prosser the other day. They care about doing well.

At last, after all thats gone on it seems that there maybe some sort of protest at the next home match! The players will probably be as pleased as the fans if the ground is full of "Martin Out" chants. I am sure they dislike the guy as much as the rest of us, they will know that the protest is not against them. I remember in the Jobson days there was a "red card" protest against Vic and some of the players even produced them from under their shirts, Andy Ansah being one of them! How bad have things got to get at this club until some people get angry?!

Great post and just the sort of attitude we all need to adopt.

Even those who don't necessarily agree, it would be more powerful if EVERYONE stood together for once rather than a few hundred people not attending a game or chanting, whatever is done needs SUPPORT if you care about your club.

You might be right that they don't care about SUFC in the way we do, but the vast majority do care about the fans, look how much that goal meant to Luke Prosser the other day. They care about doing well.

"they don't care about SUFC in the way we do" .. they dont, its a fact

"but the vast majority do care about the fans" .. they say what you want to hear, i've many many examples i could share from Richard Cadette to Freddy Eastwood to Stan Collymore (and Stan is my all time Blues hero)

"look how much that goal meant to Luke Prosser the other day" .. meant to LP, for LP to show PV were wrong to release him, and to get his "draw" bonus (NOT DRUGS RELATED)

"They care about doing well" of course they do, its their job and if they do it well they get rewarded

Thing is you act like the players actually give a **** about SUFC .. i can virtually guarantee the VAST majority don't

Bang out of order to turn on this set of players. How many times have we come from behind this? That takes a team prepared to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in.

Bang out of order to turn on this set of players. How many times have we come from behind this? That takes a team prepared to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in.

No you see you are looking at this wrong, i'm totally amazed at this set of players desire to roll their sleeves up and fight .. i do wish we could start matches better and not have to keep coming from behind :unsure: but i'm referring to the bigger picture

I'm in the gloomy camp i admit, but i believe we are on the very edge of oblivion and will in the very near future cease to exist, at this point i will cry very painful and very bitter and very real tears of heartache and loss

will the players ?? ......

And i'm not expecting them to either, its a job to them it is not THEIR club, its OURS and we will still be mourning while they are out their proclaiming their love for Col Ewe or Hartlepool or Cirencester

"they don't care about SUFC in the way we do" .. they dont, its a fact

"but the vast majority do care about the fans" .. they say what you want to hear, i've many many examples i could share from Richard Cadette to Freddy Eastwood to Stan Collymore (and Stan is my all time Blues hero)

"look how much that goal meant to Luke Prosser the other day" .. meant to LP, for LP to show PV were wrong to release him, and to get his "draw" bonus (NOT DRUGS RELATED)

"They care about doing well" of course they do, its their job and if they do it well they get rewarded

I do agree with all of that. But maybe just maybe the players do actually care about us? Not all of them just say what you want to hear for the sake of it. Some of them do care. Ofcourse Luke Prosser loved scoring against his old club, but the way he celebrated to the fans, it meant a lot, and being a football fan which he probably is, he realises how much it means to the fans.

Dave as we've just discussed we are probably both a little bit right and a little bit wrong about this, you are far too optimistic than to be of healthy mind, i'm far too cynical to be of healthy soul

As to the answer??

Fuktifino (Bulgarian winger from the 1990 World Cup i think)

Back