• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

10 pages and still nothing that says what the protest is about , apart from Ron is a XXXX.

There are one of three outcomes
  1. no change
  2. Still Ron, but he accepts he has upset everyone and (which would be a major step down for him) changes the way he goes about things going forward
  3. Someone else sees the fans are not happy, and this gives them the drive to attempt a takeover.
If points two or three are to come to fruition it seems reasonable to believe that we need to be able to explain in dretails with examples of what we are unhappy about.

Think of it from Ron's angle for a moment. Everyone thinks he is up his own backside therefore if the points of the protest are not clear he will probably think ' I'm doing my best and these idiots who know nothing are never satisfied'. Why would he think any different unless we make it clear EXACTLY what we are not happy about. At the moment he probably just thinks is because the stadium is late ,- which wasn't his fault it was the world recession, and we were relegated, which wasn't his fault it was the players in his opinion

We're all playing into Martin's hands with the infighting, i say we hire a group of mercenaries from Africa to do the job.

Once we have our new stadium Martin will put SUFC up for sale and charge them rent for playing. So either way we're doomed, but we wont down without a fight, and that is the message we should all be conveying. Protests, boycotts, air strikes, the ****ing lot!

10 pages and still nothing that says what the protest is about , apart from Ron is a XXXX.

There are one of three outcomes
  1. no change
  2. Still Ron, but he accepts he has upset everyone and (which would be a major step down for him) changes the way he goes about things going forward
  3. Someone else sees the fans are not happy, and this gives them the drive to attempt a takeover.
If points two or three are to come to fruition it seems reasonable to believe that we need to be able to explain in dretails with examples of what we are unhappy about.

Think of it from Ron's angle for a moment. Everyone thinks he is up his own backside therefore if the points of the protest are not clear he will probably think ' I'm doing my best and these idiots who know nothing are never satisfied'. Why would he think any different unless we make it clear EXACTLY what we are not happy about. At the moment he probably just thinks is because the stadium is late ,- which wasn't his fault it was the world recession, and we were relegated, which wasn't his fault it was the players in his opinion

I think he is fully aware of all the things he has done to upset fans, players and staff, one thing he is not and that is stupid.

First things first and that's getting people to commit to doing SOMETHING instead of going round in circles debating why they don't / won't get involved.

If the aim is to get shot of Martin, he will have to be hit where it hurts, and unfortunately thats not the football club.

As I said in a previous post, lobby the council to refuse the change in planning permission, protest against Ron outside the council offices when they are hearing the application,support the shops in their appeal against the CPO's . RM can not sit on his hands waiting for FF to just happen, he will be getting grief from Sainsbury and from the Mrs because his income is drying up. If you want to hurt RM go for his pocket . Delay the developments his profit is dependant on until he has quit the club and then let him be,

If the aim is to get shot of Martin, he will have to be hit where it hurts, and unfortunately thats not the football club.

As I said in a previous post, lobby the council to refuse the change in planning permission, protest against Ron outside the council offices when they are hearing the application,support the shops in their appeal against the CPO's . RM can not sit on his hands waiting for FF to just happen, he will be getting grief from Sainsbury and from the Mrs because his income is drying up. If you want to hurt RM go for his pocket . Delay the developments his profit is dependant on until he has quit the club and then let him be,

Interesting idea Gary. Do you think it would be worth tagging on a question about the covenant and how it would apply in the event that there is no football club left ?

Interesting idea Gary. Do you think it would be worth tagging on a question about the covenant and how it would apply in the event that there is no football club left ?

I didn't give that a great deal of thought, tbh, it was more about the quickest way of getting RM out of the door, in response to the general concensus on here.

I didn't give that a great deal of thought, tbh, it was more about the quickest way of getting RM out of the door, in response to the general concensus on here.

I also wonder whether by re-submitting the plans (and by reducing the size of the project you'd imagine it would be a no-brainer for it to get past) could he get an extension to the existing time limit which I believe is around the end of June/beginning of July? Maybe the Sherriff might have an idea on this one. It would certainly be useful to know ahead of the AGM.

And while we are coming up with ideas that could ruin RM, (and accepting that this one is 'cutting off our nose to spite our face') instead of occupying RH, how about occupying FF ? Assuming the deadline at end June still applies after the amendment goes through, if enough people laid down in front of the diggers and delayed the groundworks from starting (presumably around the beginning / middle of June) then maybe he'd be over the time limit before the works were effected and would not have the resources or backing to go through the process again. Tree huggers successfully set up camps for weeks so why couldn't several thousand determined Blues fans? It would receive alot of publicity, plus it would be in the close season - no issues about the players' feelings - (and it is the best time of year for camping outdoors).

In other words a determined group could say to RM - "unless you agree to build the new stadium to its original spec and sign the deeds over to the fans, we're going to stop you building. You'll miss your deadline - and you will have no cash left to re-apply for the project involving both ground and retail park"

And presumably if the Council upholds the covenant the 'club' would remain at RH for the foreseeable future.

Only shareholders can go inside!! RM needs to get in and out, a lot can be acheived outside the building if enough bodies can be ar**d to turn up and make their voices heard.

Do that and there will be more police buzzing around that what you see in town on a saturday night.

Fair enough, and I agree.
One more thing that annoys me about people wanting to boycott protest etc is that when the AGM is held after that, people will be putty in Ronald's hands again, because I expect some pieces of good news will pop up.

I refuse to believe that people would be so gullible. Only 1 way Ron is going to change and that's by delivering action not empty words. I will not be believing one word of what I'm told next week unless backed up with credible independent evidence. He can hold 70% of the shares but he has 0% credibility. Maybe he won't understand, care or brush that aside at the AGM but I'm getting the feeling at last that despite disagreement on the exact course of action to be taken the majority have had enough. Some have already voted with their non-appearance. Those official attendences don't fool anyone. You can count them if you like but the majority of these won't be renewing. If this board is a measure a third of existing regulars won't be renewing (and some that are will do so with heart not head). We can deliver a message, we can get publicity and we can use media and god forbid social networking to get our message across. Ron you can control SUFC but you cannot control the will of the fans who love this club to death and have now reached the end of the worlds longest tether.

Back