• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I like the red card idea, where's Smiffy? Can't we organise something along those lines similar to the blue card one?

I'm with BLUEBLOOD completely. It's to be commended that this set of players keep fighting despite the **** off the field and despite, frankly, the lack of talent that some of them have. They have professional pride, they have a willingness to do their job to the best of their ability and they clearly work for a Manager who they respect highly. But ultimately this is their job. They're well-paid contractors. I think unless you come into the game late (like a Scott Forbes or a Steve Tilson or at a higher level a Stuart Pearce) then football clubs can only be prospective places of work for most players.

It was the same for the last lot and the lot before that.

I like the red card idea, where's Smiffy? Can't we organise something along those lines similar to the blue card one?

In time for Friday?! No chance.

In time for Burton, possibly.

But, it would cost a lot of money. If someone or organisation :winking: is happy to fund it all, then i'm all ears...

Last edited:
Too much chat as always, is anyone actually up for the following ?

1 - Boycott the last home game of the season

2 - Holding up red cards with Martin OUT on them at all remaining home games

3 - 90 Minutes of Martin out chants at all remaining home games

Better still, all of them, yes it can be done !

2 & 3 plus a total boycott of the last game

To be effective this needs at least 2000 people to participate, my worry is so many don't care enough to get involved.

my worry is so many don't care enough to get involved.

Its not that people don't care, its that RM has us totally ****ed over, owning RH, SUFC, B&L and the planning permission to FF

He won't give a flying **** about a few no shows, i'm sorry really i am and it pains me to type this but Martin will stay till we get to Fossetts (or more likely go pop beforehand)

Sad, very very sad but undeniably the truth

Its not that people don't care, its that RM has us totally ****ed over, owning RH, SUFC, B&L and the planning permission to FF

He won't give a flying **** about a few no shows, i'm sorry really i am and it pains me to type this but Martin will stay till we get to Fossetts (or more likely go pop beforehand)

This is 100% correct. All not going does is make it even more likely that we go pop beforehand.

This is 100% correct. All not going does is make it even more likely that we go pop beforehand.

This is what has become expected from you based on your previous posts which seem to cite how badly run football clubs are in general, this thread was started to see if people want to do SOMETHING rather than just keep posting on here about how nothing can be done.

If you do not wish to participate then fine but could I ask that rather than turning this thread into another whinging session about how bad uncle Ron is and how we can't do anything about it you try and offer a constructive alternative, if you feel there isn't one then fine but i'm interested in hearing from people who do want to do something.

Really no offence but the same as my reply to beefy applies to you.

"they don't care about SUFC in the way we do" .. they dont, its a fact

"but the vast majority do care about the fans" .. they say what you want to hear, i've many many examples i could share from Richard Cadette to Freddy Eastwood to Stan Collymore (and Stan is my all time Blues hero)

"look how much that goal meant to Luke Prosser the other day" .. meant to LP, for LP to show PV were wrong to release him, and to get his "draw" bonus (NOT DRUGS RELATED)

"They care about doing well" of course they do, its their job and if they do it well they get rewarded

Ok maybe they care about the club in a different way to us fans, but I don't believe its fair to say the don't give a **** about SUFC. If players come onto this board I hope they don't get the impression thats what all SUFC fans think. I can understand why people are very cynical and players move about a lot more nowdays, but thats mainly due to clubs only handing out 1 yr deals so you have to look after yourself & family if a better deal is available. I reckon that the players feel the pain of a defeat a LOT more than I do.

This is what has become expected from you based on your previous posts which seem to cite how badly run football clubs are in general, this thread was started to see if people want to do SOMETHING rather than just keep posting on here about how nothing can be done.

If you do not wish to participate then fine but could I ask that rather than turning this thread into another whinging session about how bad uncle Ron is and how we can't do anything about it you try and offer a constructive alternative, if you feel there isn't one then fine but i'm interested in hearing from people who do want to do something.

If you don't want people to say anything back to you then don't ****ing dare tell them they don't care enough.

If you are genuinely interested in hearing thoughts about a constructive alternative then I'd refer you to my first post right at the start of this thread.

Last edited:
If you don't want people to say anything back to you then don't ****ing dare tell them they don't care enough.

If you are genuinely interested in hearing thoughts about a constructive alternative then I'd refer you to my first post right at the start of this thread.

Who do you think you are talking to, I did not refer to anyone on here not caring I was referring to the supporters in general and in particular those who do not use the zone.

You are out of order and reported !

You are the last person who will offer anything constructive, you just hide behind football clubs in general being run badly.

As per usual a thread starts with an idea, and ends up with people slagging each other off. We will still be having a go at each other when the bulldozers have knocked down Roots Hall when the club goes bust. All a bit sad really.

Who do you think you are talking to, I did not refer to anyone on here not caring I was referring to the supporters in general and in particular those who do not use the zone.

You are out of order and reported !

You are the last person who will offer anything constructive, you just hide behind football clubs in general being run badly.

On the contrary, the only thing I'm interested in is a constructive way forward for the Club I love. You want to boycott? Go ahead. Fair play to you. I genuinely hope it achieves a brighter future for the Club.

The implication of your earlier post is that the only reason anyone wouldn't protest is because they don't care enough. That is not only wrong, it's a sentiment that I take great offence to. I suspect that a lot of people won't boycott not because they don't care but because they don't see what good it will do, but do see that it would be yet another blow that the Club can ill-afford.

You want to do something constructive then you need to go out and find someone to take over. With a figurehead with a clear desire to take over and a plan to take the Club forward then we have something and someone to rally behind. RM isn't going to want to sell up but if the fanbase see an alternative then pressure can be applied. He isn't going to give one single solitary **** about a few fans not turning up for the last game before he goes on holiday. It's an empty gesture.

It's an empty gesture.

And what exactly are you going to do ? Probably nothing but I bet your post count will continue to rise.

No more arguing from me because I suspect your intention was to wreck this thread, you turned up right on cue, just as you do on almost every thread that has anything anti Mr Martin, it's quite transparent !

And what exactly are you going to do ? Probably nothing but I bet your post count will continue to rise.

No more arguing from me because I suspect your intention was to wreck this thread, you turned up right on cue, just as you do on almost every thread that has anything anti Mr Martin, it's quite transparent !

The thread was wrecked as soon as you refused to consider alternatives, debate concerns which were raised or set a clear objective for what you're trying to achieve.

Hand on heart I hope if you boycott that it causes Ron Martin to hand over to someone with the resources and willingness to bankroll us forward. I'd be delighted to never have to speak about cashflow and accounts again (other than at work, sadly). I have my doubts whether it will so will attend the game instead with a clear conscience that not only will I not be harming the Club, my twenty quid will be doing it's small bit to make things better.

Boycotting isn't the way to go for 2 reasons in my opinion.

1) Depriving the club of much needed cash.

2) A demo in the ground and after final whistle will have more impact.

I'd like to see an action group formed with a clear statement as to what the protest is about and a spokesman is a must who can coherently outline the supporters greivances.

A good demo needs visual representation so red cards are good as are flags, banners etc. A catchy slogan also wouldn't go a miss.

I agree its time to make out voices heard, I'd say this was the case some 12 months ago.

Last edited:
The thread was wrecked as soon as you refused to consider alternatives, debate concerns which were raised or set a clear objective for what you're trying to achieve.

Hand on heart I hope if you boycott that it causes Ron Martin to hand over to someone with the resources and willingness to bankroll us forward. I'd be delighted to never have to speak about cashflow and accounts again (other than at work, sadly). I have my doubts whether it will so will attend the game instead with a clear conscience that not only will I not be harming the Club, my twenty quid will be doing it's small bit to make things better.

Did you not read this post I made ?

"1 - Boycott the last home game of the season

2 - Holding up red cards with Martin OUT on them at all remaining home games

3 - 90 Minutes of Martin out chants at all remaining home games

Better still, all of them, yes it can be done !

2 & 3 plus a total boycott of the last game"

How is that not considering alternatives when my only suggestion was a boycott ? I then took onboard comments from others and included them in that post.

Back