• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

steveo

mine to stay the same please
DEVASTATED workers have been told 164 jobs will be lost at the Lloyds TSB call centre in Southend.
Bosses broke the news to workers at the centre in Southchurch Road.
All the jobs that have been axed were in collections and recoveries and based at the high-rise building.
Staff must now wait to hear if they can be found roles in other parts of the banking group.

They are keeping open their overseas operations. So Southend shuts, India stays open. Vote with your feet people, Natwest closed their overseas call centres a while ago and now have people in the UK answering their phones.
I just cancelled my house insurance with the Lloyds group. That'll get them rattled.

Last edited:
They are keeping open their overseas operations. So Southend shuts, India stays open. Vote with your feet people, Natwest closed their overseas call centres a while ago and now have people in the UK answering their phones.
I just cancelled my house insurance with the Lloyds group. That'll get them rattled.

Business in cost cutting shocker.

Indian wages<<<<<<<<<<<<English wages and as wages are the being expense on the P&L it makes sense to me.

Globalisation that fuels a race to the bottom and secures us cheap goods = right.

Globalisation that fuels a race to the bottom and sees others outcompeting us on wages = wrong.

Apparently.

Indian wages<<<<<<<<<<<<English wages and as wages are the being expense on the P&L it makes sense to me.

So you would rather discuss your finances with a bloke in India then?

English customers spending english money in England with English Banks should be entitle to speak to people employed in this country. People like you obviously dont give a ****.
Hopefully enough English people with soon get fed up with Indian call centres and these firms might start taking notice.

English customers spending english money in England with English Banks should be entitle to speak to people employed in this country. People like you obviously dont give a ****.
Hopefully enough English people with soon get fed up with Indian call centres and these firms might start taking notice.

Chill Steveo - it's usually outsourced to the Jocks anyway - personally I'd rather speak to an Indian graduate than a Frisp knuckle head so it's horses for courses.

Chill Steveo - it's usually outsourced to the Jocks anyway - personally I'd rather speak to an Indian graduate than a Frisp knuckle head so it's horses for courses.

Well Frisp Knuckle Heads are the obvious exception, but even a jock living on mainland Britain is preferable to some geezer miles away. At least i know he will be getting the benefit of free prescription and a free place in a care home when he is old enough, all paid for by the English tax payer.

Customer service is the new brand, if they want to stay in business I'd recommend keeping it English.

Customer service is the new brand, if they want to stay in business I'd recommend keeping it English.

How does that work? You can pay an Indian call centre worker £2 a day, treat them like poo, forcibly stop them from forming a union and work them 12 hours a day.

Keeps that profit margin nice and fat.

Aren't LTSB's Indian call centres just for the over-night shift? The same as a lot of companies.

How does that work? You can pay an Indian call centre worker £2 a day, treat them like poo, forcibly stop them from forming a union and work them 12 hours a day.

Keeps that profit margin nice and fat.
he might mean sooner or later English people might get fedup with it and leave

he might mean sooner or later English people might get fedup with it and leave

Doubt it. British people, be they English, Scottish or whatever are generally apathetic. The French would march down to the nearest Lloyds and set it on fire with burning lambs.

Doubt it. British people, be they English, Scottish or whatever are generally apathetic. The French would march down to the nearest Lloyds and set it on fire with burning lambs.

I dunno, when the Facebook group opens Lloyds' CEO will surely have to consider his future...

Please don't, have loads of profit sharing shares from when the old man used to work both here (Essex House) and at the half demolished Esplanade House on the seafront.

If everyone boycotts LloydsTsb how will that benefit the workers at southend

When it suits, English people spend their English money on imported goods.

Aren't LTSB's Indian call centres just for the over-night shift? The same as a lot of companies.

Having worked as a broker for LTSB for a few years I can confirm they use them all the time (or they did). Funny enough they dont use them for sales lines only for service.

Possibly the ****test service ever and that was coming from a colleague perspective;**** knows what the customers must think.

Ah bless, take the **** and hail open markets when it suits. Forgive me if laugh out loud if any of you contributers to this thread who fail to give a **** about our own workforce being made unemployed suffer the same fate. Wont that be a giggle as well eh?

Having worked as a broker for LTSB for a few years I can confirm they use them all the time (or they did). Funny enough they dont use them for sales lines only for service.

Possibly the ****test service ever and that was coming from a colleague perspective;**** knows what the customers must think.

Yeah that's pretty **** then. I hate having to call India, it's just such a pain in the arse.

When it suits, English people spend their English money on imported goods.

Course they do as we dont really make much here any more.
But we are all at some point doing business with banks/insurance/phone companies and if people could be bothered there is an opportunity to support ones that support our workforce, but as MK says the general apathy of the population will probably prevent if from happening.
However, if a national newspaper started a campaign to promote the use of companies that only use English call centres, and if everyone who cared about it sent a simple email to all of their contacts making them aware of situations like this, maybe public opinion might make a difference.

I know Sussex and suitcase and plenty of others wouldnt agree but is there actually anything wrong in supporting your Country ahead of others?

Back