• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Time to push on! Sell time.

The General

The Mouse (*)
Well, my bowling has stagnated and need to push on and improve before next season as it looks like i will get promotion in both FC and BT20!! Below is 2 players that im looking to sell - not sure whether to try and get of one or both! Deane is coming up thru the Youth scheme and is currently quality/prof bowling so a year or two off! I do have about 4 million in the bank!

How much do you reckon i will get for both of these!?

Andi Jackman
Andi is a RH Batsman and RFM Bowler. He is a destructive player with competent leadership skills and masterful experience.
He currently has proficient batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.

Battrick Rating: 73,068
Wages: £15,739 p/w

Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: abysmal Concentration: strong
Bowling: quality Consistency: exquisite
Fielding: respectable

Martyn Johnson
Martyn is a LH Batsman and LF Bowler. He is a cautious player with respectable leadership skills and exquisite experience.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.

Battrick Rating: 62,619
Wages: £13,480 p/w

Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: competent
Batting: feeble Concentration: respectable
Bowling: remarkable Consistency: exceptional
Fielding: feeble

Thanking you all! (those that reply!)

Kev

The General said:
Well, my bowling has stagnated and need to push on and improve before next season as it looks like i will get promotion in both FC and BT20!! Below is 2 players that im looking to sell - not sure whether to try and get of one or both! Deane is coming up thru the Youth scheme and is currently quality/prof bowling so a year or two off! I do have about 4 million in the bank!

How much do you reckon i will get for both of these!?

Andi Jackman
Andi is a RH Batsman and RFM Bowler. He is a destructive player with competent leadership skills and masterful experience.
He currently has proficient batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.

Battrick Rating: 73,068
Wages: £15,739 p/w

Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: abysmal Concentration: strong
Bowling: quality Consistency: exquisite
Fielding: respectable

Martyn Johnson
Martyn is a LH Batsman and LF Bowler. He is a cautious player with respectable leadership skills and exquisite experience.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and sublime fitness.

Battrick Rating: 62,619
Wages: £13,480 p/w

Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: competent
Batting: feeble Concentration: respectable
Fielding: feeble

Thanking you all! (those that reply!)

Kev
Only just seen this thread :thump:

I would guess about 3-3.5m for Johnson, and 3.5-4m for Jackman.

Tryin to do the same with mine. Replaced a Superb/Elite with a Remarkable/Remarkable this week. Schoeman has gone on the list today at 15.5m, not sure I'll get a bite at that amount, but might get some offers via BTmail.

Carl Schoeman - 24 yo, BT Rating=173,636
LH Batsman, RF Bowler. He is an attacking player with mediocre leadership skills and quality experience.
He currently has proficient batting form, superb bowling form and invigorated fitness.

Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: wonderful Concentration: elite
Bowling: wonderful Consistency: sensational
Fielding: superb

Alternatively, I could sell Middleton

Delroy Middleton - 27 yo, BT Rating=101,817
RH Batsman, RM Bowler. He is a destructive player with feeble leadership skills and exceptional experience.
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and invigorated fitness.

Stamina: superb Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: wonderful Concentration: remarkable
Bowling: exceptional Consistency: exceptional
Fielding: competent

Last edited:
I remember when Jackman was amazing, bit like Bartlett. Amazing how time catches up with them. Johnson's price will suffer a lot due to his age.

BB, a lot of tax to pay to take a chance on Schoeman, can't see interest at that price.

It's only a week's interest. Just be interesting to see if anyone bites or has a nibble......

Just out of interest, and in all seriousness, what do you think they both worth??

If i had the money (which i dont!) i'd pay around 13-13.5 million for Schoeman. I think he's worth a bit more as he's a) an attacking batter and b) a quickie. Normally i think you'd get around 12 million but think with his age etc... you'd get 13 million.

It is B! Jackman used to be stand-out but now he's ordinary compared to where i wanna be! Cheers for the valuations! I might have to keep Johnson (as he's a quickie) and expect never to make any money back on him and sell Jackman now as by the time Johnson is 34/35, Deane should be up to a good enough bowling standard!

Kev

Schoeman may have been worth 12m a couple of seasons ago. The market has died, and he's probably worth around 10m now I fear.

Museshrimper said:
Schoeman may have been worth 12m a couple of seasons ago. The market has died, and he's probably worth around 10m now I fear.
Yep, it's shocking. Saw someone not quite as good and a bit older go for under 8m yesterday. Oh well, I've now listed Middleton at 11m, we'll see if we get a bite there.

How much will Whitters get me?

William is a RH Batsman and RFM Bowler. He is a defensive player with woeful leadership skills and remarkable experience.

He currently has competent batting form, superb bowling form and moderate fitness.

Plays For: Napster's XI
Nationality: Australia
Dual Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 42,883 (-480)
Wages: £9,065 p/w

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: mediocre Concentration: abysmal
Fielding: feeble Processing ...

Napster said:
How much will Whitters get me?

William is a RH Batsman and RFM Bowler. He is a defensive player with woeful leadership skills and remarkable experience.

He currently has competent batting form, superb bowling form and moderate fitness.

Plays For: Napster's XI
Nationality: Australia
Dual Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 42,883 (-480)
Wages: £9,065 p/w

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: mediocre Concentration: abysmal
Fielding: feeble Processing ...
About 3.5m, his Stamina will count against him.

Indeed. Stamina is a HUGE factor! Transfer market is starting to be a bit more lively as the season comes to a close. Normally 10/11 decent bowlers on the market but nearer to thirty at the moment.

Kev

Indeed. Stamina is a HUGE factor! Transfer market is starting to be a bit more lively as the season comes to a close. Normally 10/11 decent bowlers on the market but nearer to thirty at the moment.

Kev

fair enough. decided to sell two others instead and buy one back.

Both these 2 up for sale.

Daren Philip - 27 yo, BT Rating=11,042
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler. He is an attacking player with woeful leadership skills and strong experience.
He currently has competent batting form, proficient bowling form and sublime fitness.

Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: strong Concentration: competent
Bowling: worthless Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: worthless

Jack Phillips - 26 yo, BT Rating=7,694
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler. He is an attacking player with worthless leadership skills and proficient experience.
He currently has respectable batting form, abysmal bowling form and sublime fitness.

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: respectable Concentration: proficient
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless
Fielding: abysmal

Jackman to be listed Saturday!

Holy crap Naps, no wonder you're suffering!! I rarely play anyone on invigorated or below!!!

Darrell Allan - 23 yo, BT Rating=84,064
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and fair fitness.

Mark van Niekerk - 23 yo, BT Rating=61,402
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and fresh fitness.

Richard Jefferson - 23 yo, BT Rating=55,235
He currently has competent batting form, superb bowling form and fresh fitness.

Stuart Perry - 19 yo, BT Rating=44,618

William Whittingham - 23 yo, BT Rating=42,883

Roze Mirza - 20 yo, BT Rating=19,555

Carlos Shah - 29 yo, BT Rating=17,279
He currently has superb batting form, feeble bowling form and lively fitness.

Douglas Atherton - 17 yo, BT Rating=10,730

For the first time in ages my PFL is all above invigorated. We've been around lively all season due to the cup run, and this is with BT20 being plyed by my reserves.

Holy crap Naps, no wonder you're suffering!! I rarely play anyone on invigorated or below!!!

Darrell Allan - 23 yo, BT Rating=84,064
He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and fair fitness.

Mark van Niekerk - 23 yo, BT Rating=61,402

Richard Jefferson - 23 yo, BT Rating=55,235

Stuart Perry - 19 yo, BT Rating=44,618

William Whittingham - 23 yo, BT Rating=42,883

Roze Mirza - 20 yo, BT Rating=19,555

Carlos Shah - 29 yo, BT Rating=17,279
He currently has superb batting form, feeble bowling form and lively fitness.

Douglas Atherton - 17 yo, BT Rating=10,730

yeah I know, learnt my lesson last season. Next season's all about PFL and stamina.

For the first time in ages my PFL is all above invigorated. We've been around lively all season due to the cup run, and this is with BT20 being plyed by my reserves.
Early cup exit means my PFL is completely sublime bar 1 player who should be sublime tomorrow. Ready for a big GFI against Parkway Sports, they should win anyway but I'm going to try to avoid a play off if I can.

I'm playing Bowling Bowling Mushy tomorrow in what will be a relegation decider. I still have the bot team to play, so there's 4 points and a NRR boost there, but if I lose tomorrow it's unlikely I'll finish above 7th, and 6th will be the best I get.

PFL has cost me my OD league and has risked my FC title too. From 2nd last season to 7th in OD, and we have lost our last 2 FC games due to batting frailties caused by rubbish PFL.

Back