• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Tin of Sweets for Xmas

What is your quintessential yuletide chocolate treat?

• Total voters

callan

Striker
With the festive season about to come into full swing, and having completed the budget you can imagine my Joy when despite the credit crunches worst efforts, we have enough money to buy a tin of sweets for christmas.
Now I'm no grinch when it comes to the season of goodwill, so hastily arranged a family conference to announce this splendid news, and it's always nice to see the little ones faces light up, without the use of fireworks.
The conference went ahead and after stopping for applause at the end of it,
I fished a fiver from my pocket handed it over to the missus and instructed her to get out to Asda to fetch back a tin of quality street forthwith.
You will no doubt imagine my horror when she said Celebrations would be the sweets coming back, and further perturbed by kids demanding Cadbury Roses.
So my question/s is this, what is your choice of Sweets this Christmas, and what action would you take over the Missus / Kids questioning my choice of Sweets (Dr Bernardos will take the kids but not wife....if that helps).

Haha! Kind of know what you mean - it's what is your own tradition, isn't it? Well, we used to be a Quality Street family way back when, but are now very firmly in the Roses camp. Celebrations are an abomination at Christmas - who wants mini versions of proper chocolate bars?! No, you want your "purple one", strawberry creme, toffees and such like.

Apart from Roses, we do also do the good old traditional After Eights as well, and in recent years, also Mingles as my daughter likes them!

Maltesers all the way, i'd rather have a box of them than a tin of anything else.....

I would of thought the last thing you should be eating is Chocolate you fat ****.

I fished a fiver from my pocket handed it over to the missus and instructed her to get out to Asda to fetch back a tin of quality street forthwith.
You will no doubt imagine my horror when she said Celebrations would be the sweets coming back, and further perturbed by kids demanding Cadbury Roses.
So my question/s is this, what is your choice of Sweets this Christmas, and what action would you take over the Missus / Kids questioning my choice of Sweets (Dr Bernardos will take the kids but not wife....if that helps).

Hey there chap. I think the issue here is your wife not doing what she is told.
The second she questioned your orders should have resulted in a loud open handed slap to her face, in front of your kids.

You should then have snatched back the fiver, marched down the offy and bought yourself £5 of Special Brew, which you should have quickly consumed whilst your family watched.

The rest of the evening should have been spent drunkenly shouting abuse at them all, then aggressively banging your wife.

Hope this helps

Kind Regards

Haha! Kind of know what you mean - it's what is your own tradition, isn't it? Well, we used to be a Quality Street family way back when, but are now very firmly in the Roses camp. Celebrations are an abomination at Christmas - who wants mini versions of proper chocolate bars?! No, you want your "purple one", strawberry creme, toffees and such like.

Apart from Roses, we do also do the good old traditional After Eights as well, and in recent years, also Mingles as my daughter likes them!

Quite right, tradition should be upheld. Back in the day it was always Quality Street, After Eights and Chocolate Brazil Nuts. Also, our house would have KP Salted Nuts, Ritz, Twiglets, Mini Cheddars and Cracker Barrel cheese. Not forgetting a bag of mixed nuts, tangerines, Yule Log, Christmas Cake about 4ft deep in marzipan and of course, the McVites Biscuit Selection.

I'm not bothered with the gifts and presents I recieve anymore but there will always be plenty of food and nibbles in my house.

Forget celebrations, they are to modern, as all the supermarkets are having a sale on tin sweets why not buy a tin of quality and roses. Happy days

Quite right, tradition should be upheld. Back in the day it was always Quality Street, After Eights and Chocolate Brazil Nuts. Also, our house would have KP Salted Nuts, Ritz, Twiglets, Mini Cheddars and Cracker Barrel cheese. Not forgetting a bag of mixed nuts, tangerines, Yule Log, Christmas Cake about 4ft deep in marzipan and of course, the McVites Biscuit Selection.

I'm not bothered with the gifts and presents I recieve anymore but there will always be plenty of food and nibbles in my house.

Exactly, we make our own marzipan petit fours and chocolate brazil nuts and have the tins of twiglets and mixed nuts etc as well. You invariably don't need meals at all, just graze on nibbles all day long!

Calls for a poll really doesn't it?!

Last edited:
I quite like Miniature Heroes.

Quality Street and Roses have too many Linda McCartneys and not enough paul McCartneys.

This thread needs the input of Tarquin!

Personally I like celebrations, and not a fan of roses or quality street. I'm not a big chocolate lover really

This thread needs the input of Tarquin!

Personally I like celebrations, and not a fan of roses or quality street. I'm not a big chocolate lover really

Morning Chap!

I've already offered some sage advice on page 1, which I believe addresses the real issues here.

Kind Regards

Back