• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Today's Meeting.

What is worrying me is the possible impact on Brown's future. We need to concentrate on the football and to have Brown committed to the club and to have a free hand in recruitment, subject to whatever budget he has to work with, and for him to get on with planning for next season now. The rest is a side show and a distraction we can do without.

I
What is worrying me is the possible impact on Brown's future. We need to concentrate on the football and to have Brown committed to the club and to have a free hand in recruitment, subject to whatever budget he has to work with, and for him to get on with planning for next season now. The rest is a side show and a distraction we can do without.
I'd argue the complete opposite. What's important is to get the club on a long term sustainable footing, get the agreement on the ownership of new stadium, additional revenue streams, Ron's succesion plan nailed down. Next season is a short term distraction in the long term future

No, very hush hush until the time is right. I wonder if Ron will broach the subject in the BBC Essex interview?

If he doesn't I guess that is a sign that negotiations are ongoing and nothing is settled. I would not read any more than that at this stage.

if it was dead in the water I am sure Stan would have indicated that to us, so no news is good news at the moment.

We do have a big summer ahead once the Newport game is over I’m sure the talking will happen over the next few weeks

There’s a rumour it’s Jez Moxey
Well I can see why Ron might be keen- think he keeps a tight hold on the finances and was at Stoke when they transitioned to their new stadium. But just one rumour

I'm happy to be proved wrong but why all this palaver now. It shouldn't have taken a drop to the Conference to kick start anything

I

I'd argue the complete opposite. What's important is to get the club on a long term sustainable footing, get the agreement on the ownership of new stadium, additional revenue streams, Ron's succesion plan nailed down. Next season is a short term distraction in the long term future
And in the meantime, Brown goes elsewhere and we spend the summer trying to recruit another manager and end up exactly like last year with someone from the job centre who hasn't a clue, but we'll have a CEO and the prospect of a new stadium as we plunge deeper into non league obscurity, so that's alright!

There’s a rumour it’s Jez Moxey

Saw Stoke transition into a new stadium and led the negotiations when the Icelandic consortium purchased a controlling interest.

At Wolves he kept the purse strings closed very tightly (A man after Rons own heart) but oversaw promotion to the Premiership twice.

Was at Norwich before a breakdown in relations with Delia (Surely most people are a Mary Berry kind of person anyway)

Now at Burton Albion where he has been for the last 4 years.

I'd not be a disappointed person if he became CEO (Mind you after 4/5 years of no CEO they could appoint anyone with a close connection to anything CEO related and I'd be pleased)

Back