• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

onceknownasrab

President
For me, Southend United has always been a tomorrow team. The success I have always wanted for them is forever another day away. Of course the length of the day has been of biblical proportions. However, and many will call me an optimist or a fool or both, but I think our tomorrow is about to turn up. They say it is always darkest before dawn. We have had the dark so who knows? Luggy has done a pretty good job. I am not getting carried away with praise for him but I feel he could deliver the first steps of success to our club. I am convinced FF will come about and I actually believe it will be the making The Blues. I am not saying we are past all the shaky moments and heart stopping problems that have plagued us for some time, but I think we are close to the stability that may launch us to unknown heights. Keep the faith, Up the Blues.

Cant call you a fool surely, need more optimism on here as it really can be depressing on here at times so that post is very welcome. I also believe Sturrock is the man to get us back up but only time will tell.

I agree and things already look up as we have more players under contract than last year!!

I agree , but i have said the same for the last few seasons and we have heard it all before re fossetts time and time again so why should it be any different now?

I think we have time on our side now , what i mean is its been so long that we have to see movement soon.

Then again we could be saying that in 3 seasons time

For me, Southend United has always been a tomorrow team. The success I have always wanted for them is forever another day away. Of course the length of the day has been of biblical proportions. However, and many will call me an optimist or a fool or both, but I think our tomorrow is about to turn up. They say it is always darkest before dawn. We have had the dark so who knows? Luggy has done a pretty good job. I am not getting carried away with praise for him but I feel he could deliver the first steps of success to our club. I am convinced FF will come about and I actually believe it will be the making The Blues. I am not saying we are past all the shaky moments and heart stopping problems that have plagued us for some time, but I think we are close to the stability that may launch us to unknown heights. Keep the faith, Up the Blues.

Really ? I would have thought our first visit to the League One and the five years there represented a pretty good degree of success and certainly better than anything we're going to see any time soon. More a yesterday team than a tomorrow team.

I am with Mick sadly.

Unless a mystery benefactor pumps loads of money in then I think the best we can really ever hope for is an upper midtable L1 side who occasionally flirts with the championship. A lot of similar sides in the last 20 years have left us for dead and with Tefron at the helm then I cant see it changing anytime soon.

I am with Mick sadly.

Unless a mystery benefactor pumps loads of money in then I think the best we can really ever hope for is an upper midtable L1 side who occasionally flirts with the championship. A lot of similar sides in the last 20 years have left us for dead and with Tefron at the helm then I cant see it changing anytime soon.

I think having the new stadium will be great in many ways , but mostly for making as an attractive proposition and getting a buyer so that we can leave teffron behind.

I think having the new stadium will be great in many ways , but mostly for making as an attractive proposition and getting a buyer so that we can leave teffron behind.

Why would playing in a new ground we don't own (and paying rent when we weren't previously) make us a better option for a prospective buyer.

Why would playing in a new ground we don't own (and paying rent when we weren't previously) make us a better option for a prospective buyer.

Because a club that can be brought with a stadium that can house 22k and be used for other things to generate revenue is better than a club that is making a loss in a ramshackle stadium that cant be used for anything other than lower league football.

Also in almost all cases a club that has a great stadium will have increased support which generally leads to a higher level of football which again is more attractive to potential buyers.

From a different view point we are currently paying rent on roots hall and this is being susidised by ron martins firm. Whats to say that we will not have the same facility and backing when and if we move.

Because a club that can be brought with a stadium that can house 22k and be used for other things to generate revenue is better than a club that is making a loss in a ramshackle stadium that cant be used for anything other than lower league football.

Not sure it'll be the club benefitting from all these "other things". More likely the landlord?

The rent is currently being waived.

What did you smoke, inhale or inject before writing this drivel?

Or are you otherwise known as Ron Martin?.:smile:

If the new stadium is ever built I can't envisage it having a capacity of 22k. It is more likely to be a tinpot ground with at least one side missing.

If the new stadium is ever built I can't envisage it having a capacity of 22k. It is more likely to be a tinpot ground with at least one side missing.

I agree- and if this happened it would be disastrous for the club.

Personally I'd like to stay at Roots Hall and develop the holy site that we already occupy. I propose that we build am ambitious four tier stand in place of the East stand that would be so big it covered up the whole car park area (bye bye Roots Hall market) then I'd f*** off Prospects and extend the North Bank to a Kop style 20,000 capacity terrace (the 'Barry Korr kop'). This would probably hang over the road at the back which could be a problem for the therapeutic gardens. The West stand I'd want to keep the character of so instead of a two barreled stand I'd compulsory purchase the road behind and replace with a ten-barrel stand that would be the envy of the football league. I'd also let people smoke cigars in there as I feel the atmosphere has declined since smoking was banned. I'd then knock down the flats that were built illegally on the old south bank and restore the terrace it to its former 13,500 capacity glory. By my reckoning Roots Hall would hold about 70,000 thousand- easily big enough for a L2 play-off push, although if we got into the championship we'd probably have to extend.

If anyone can do a mock-up of this using digital imagining that would be fantastic. I'm calling the project 'Roots Hall 2014'.

Ron, if you want to talk about this then PM me.

What did you smoke, inhale or inject before writing this drivel?

Or are you otherwise known as Ron Martin?.:smile:

Nothing wrong with taking brown BOMBERS! See through the smokey haze of my drug filled existence I saw The Tomorrow and now so many on here agree after just one signing. Happy Days!

Seems my thoughts were not too wide of the mark and our tomorrow has come.

Has it ? We seem to be in the same division as when you first posted this thread. Things are looking reasonably encouraging and a signing or two might bring a bit of entertainment to go with the results, however tomorrow has yet to dawn. We've achieved nothing yet except a couple of near misses on a JPT final and a match against Liverpool.

Now as for tomorrow, I have great hopes of our first home League win since fireworks day (and I don't mean New Years Eve !). Against a makeshift Port Vale side ravaged with injuries, I'm sure we can be a tomorrow team.

Has it ? We seem to be in the same division as when you first posted this thread. Things are looking reasonably encouraging and a signing or two might bring a bit of entertainment to go with the results, however tomorrow has yet to dawn. We've achieved nothing yet except a couple of near misses on a JPT final and a match against Liverpool.

Now as for tomorrow, I have great hopes of our first home League win since fireworks day (and I don't mean New Years Eve !). Against a makeshift Port Vale side ravaged with injuries, I'm sure we can be a tomorrow team.

Once again I agree with Mick. Sorry to be a pesamist but if we dont go up this season we are nothing more than a average L2 side. If we go up then we have done well but its hardly the start of a new era unless we achieve something we havent acheieved before. Being a decent champioship side in time for me would be the start of a new era.

Back