• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

J

The Chameleon
One of the best peformances so far this season.. If i dare say, since Man utd at home. Anybody else think tonight was pretty similar in some ways?

Right, first of all the ratings -

Darryl - I love you darrly, but you made 2 mistakes tonight that could have cost us the game, dropping the ball inches from the net, however, i do believe you were fouled for at least one of them - so you get a 7

Francis 8 - Fantastic game, should really now keep Hunt out the side.

Barrett 8 - Passion, fantastic distribution, and constantly put those vital tackles in.

Clarke 8 - Some fantastic defending, especially towards the end.

Hammel 7 - Pretty standard stuff, from the best left back in the league, scotland are in need of a left back, time to step up steve.

Black 8 - some great runs, and balls, hopefully with franny staying right back, he will now cement his place on the wing, some great play with linking with franny.

Macca 9.5 -Joint MOM with Barney nearly a 10, full commitment, lost count how many balls he won back from others passes and mistakes, unlucky not to score twice... this is the future captain of SUFC, fantastic commitment..

Bailey 7.5 - pretty standard, but solid, great passes, and some great defending at the death - did he move to a centre back position at the end??

Gower 6.5 - pretty quiet, but improving on the last peformances.

Barnard 9.5 - Joing MOM with macca, what a signing, if he can turn in these peformances again, unlucky not to have 3 - especially on the 84th minute where he had a great turn, and lovely finish, til the keeper pulled of a blinding save

Macdonald 6 - Pretty slow and off the pace tonight - i think we'll put that down to injury, and just coming back -

Scannel - 6, some great runs again, but was he wearing bananas on his feet?

FANS - 9 some day trippers :thump:
BLUE VOICE 10+++ - What an atmosphere in the 2nd half! Keep going smiffy!!

Tonight shows what team we can be - and i think is the best line up - out of the whole squad,

Hunt now needs to fight for his place back in the side - Because franny was fantastic, great defending, and some great balls he can deliver.

Well, here's to 3 points saturday , and well done lads tonight - Get yourself a drink on me tomorrow boys..

Good post and i agree with most of that.

The fans played their part tonight in raising the players and you could se how much it meant to the team at the final whistle.

I just hope we keep this sqaud with the addition of 1 (2?) new players for Orient. Same starting line but some more attacking options on the bench.

Well done Blues. We can enjoy the next few days. More hard work is to follow, starting away at Orient. Ill be there.

UTB!

Good post and i agree with most of that.

The fans played their part tonight in raising the players and you could se how much it meant to the team at the final whistle.

I just hope we keep this sqaud with the addition of 1 (2?) new players for Orient. Same starting line but some more attacking options on the bench.

Well done Blues. We can enjoy the next few days. More hard work is to follow, starting away at Orient. Ill be there.

UTB!

here here....

One of the best peformances so far this season.. If i dare say, since Man utd at home. Anybody else think tonight was pretty similar in some ways?

Right, first of all the ratings -

Darryl - I love you darrly, but you made 2 mistakes tonight that could have cost us the game, dropping the ball inches from the net, however, i do believe you were fouled for at least one of them - so you get a 7

Francis 8 - Fantastic game, should really now keep Hunt out the side.

Barrett 8 - Passion, fantastic distribution, and constantly put those vital tackles in.

Clarke 8 - Some fantastic defending, especially towards the end.

Hammel 7 - Pretty standard stuff, from the best left back in the league, scotland are in need of a left back, time to step up steve.

Black 8 - some great runs, and balls, hopefully with franny staying right back, he will now cement his place on the wing, some great play with linking with franny.

Macca 9.5 -Joint MOM with Barney nearly a 10, full commitment, lost count how many balls he won back from others passes and mistakes, unlucky not to score twice... this is the future captain of SUFC, fantastic commitment..

Bailey 7.5 - pretty standard, but solid, great passes, and some great defending at the death - did he move to a centre back position at the end??

Gower 6.5 - pretty quiet, but improving on the last peformances.

Barnard 9.5 - Joing MOM with macca, what a signing, if he can turn in these peformances again, unlucky not to have 3 - especially on the 84th minute where he had a great turn, and lovely finish, til the keeper pulled of a blinding save

Macdonald 6 - Pretty slow and off the pace tonight - i think we'll put that down to injury, and just coming back -

Scannel - 6, some great runs again, but was he wearing bananas on his feet?

FANS - 9 some day trippers :thump:
BLUE VOICE 10+++ - What an atmosphere in the 2nd half! Keep going smiffy!!

Tonight shows what team we can be - and i think is the best line up - out of the whole squad,

Hunt now needs to fight for his place back in the side - Because franny was fantastic, great defending, and some great balls he can deliver.

Well, here's to 3 points saturday , and well done lads tonight - Get yourself a drink on me tomorrow boys..

Nice summing up J :)

Now onto Birdbrain Road :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns:

I reckon Scannell needs a bit of confidence - twice I thought he bottled out - go for goal, man! Shut yer eyes and whack it!

The ball, that is.

i agree with all you said best team preformance since man u in my eyes the only one thing i disagre with is i thought mcdonald was amazing foil for bardard and they look the real deal ithought he had a blinder with his effort

would agree with a lot of that, the players really wanted it tonight. great night for fans and players. we deserved it and i think it could have easily been 3 or 4 nil

i agree with all you said best team preformance since man u in my eyes the only one thing i disagre with is i thought mcdonald was amazing foil for bardard and they look the real deal ithought he had a blinder with his effort

Have we signed someone I don't know about?!

Agree with sentiments though, looked a good prospect together, but if Revell's coming in, I'm guessing Charlie gets dropped. Unfair really as I think he's come on in leaps and bounds since the beginning of the season.

It was tough between Barney and Macca for MOM imo...

I thought Barrett whilst very comitted missed too many headers.

Macca & Barney cant get a high enough mark in my book. Ten does not cover it really.

I could not make the game last night, but this all sounds so positive, its amazing what a big win can do for confidence, not only in the dressing room, but on SZ too!

I could not make the game last night, but this all sounds so positive, its amazing what a big win can do for confidence, not only in the dressing room, but on SZ too!

have to keep the spirits high as Orient is an absolute must win IMO

I don't think Orient is a must-win, but if we want to keep pace with the playoff-chasers then not losing is a priority.

Results around us (other than Tranmere winning) generally went our way last night, especially the Walsall v Borient draw.

I'd say if we want to pull ourselves back up into contention, a win on Saturday is a must I'm afraid. I've said the run of Brighton (obviously postponed, Leeds & Borient) would shape our season for a good few weeks now!

It was great last night, but let's not forget that we've rarely played like that, or anything near like that this season.
As me and a couple of others were saying last night, we are halfway from salvaging something this season. Firmly believe that Orient is the other half.
If we lose on Saturday, then all last night's effort is wasted.
Sounds harsh, but the league table doesn't lie. Not in Jan/Feb anyway.

Great win last night, one of our best performances this season if not our best and just what we needed. Thought Barnard was a breath of fresh air - a striker who can hold the ball up but who also runs at people. He was a constant threat last night especially in the 2nd half. MacDonald was disappointing, though, proved that he's too lightweight and got pushed off the ball too easily.

Defence looked stronger last night, especially Clarke who was awesome and made Jermaine Beckford look poo rather than like the league's top scorer. Bailey and Macca did their jobs in midfield and some cracking tackles from the two of them. Black and Gower were both fairly ineffective.

Bring on Orient :P

Thought McDonald did well, Clarke was definatly not as good as being described, still looks nervous and needs to be replaced, some of his passing was again poor. Barnard was excellent

Back