• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

My top 10:

1 Col U at home (1-1). I have never been so nervous about anything as i was in the last 10 minutes. The ball just kept flying towards our goal again and again. With this being SUFC, i was fully expecting us to mess it up, and was resigned to going out when they scored after 3 minutes
wow.gif

2 Col U away (3-2). First game against them for 16 years, all the hype surrounding the game was awesome, and it was my first Col U derby. At the time SUFC had a habit of messing up on the big occasion, but just this once we didn't. Chanting their goalies name in their own backyard after Bramble put us 3-1 up still makes me lagh.

3 Lincoln at the Mill Stad (2-0).What can i say. it was awesome. Typical SUFC, had to make us wait until extra time to finally get us promoted (my first promotion). Jupp of all people getting the 2nd was superb!

4 Canvey away (3-2). Away end full up, live on sky, and once again fully expecting a beating. I have many Canvey supporting mates and we were having banter about this game for weeks before hand, so when we won it was a great feeling and i got the best bragging rights. Plus i hate Jeff King
mad.gif

5 Luton home (3-2). At the time, we seemed to have a bit of a rivalry going on with Luton as they had been in our division for a few years, and always seemed to beat us. They were top of the league and bought a big noisy away following, which made the win even sweeter. This was possibly the best i have ever seen.

6 Bournemouth home (5-3). Simply awesome. My dad didn't take me to football so i only got to go 4 or 5 times a season when the school gave away free tickets, so it was really exciting when i did get to go. And this game was awesome. 0-0 at half time, i remember about 6 of the goals came in about 20 minutes. Pure entertainment, remember Adrian Clarke curling one into the bottom coner
biggrin.gif

7 Blackpool Mill Stad (0-2). Just for the occasion. I knew we would lose, but i was expecting it to be an embaressment off the pitch as well. I thought we would take about 8,000. So for 20,000 to turn up was simply stunning. I was so emotional at seeing us in a major final, at a national stadium with 20,000 fans. I was nearly crying.

8 QPR home (4-0). I was absolutely stunned. We were struggling, they were top of the division above, was fully expecting a tonking. Can't believe we won 4-0 to this day, its not very often we get to beat big clubs, but we did this time. I sit in the west and had a perfect view of Steven Clark bending the ball into the bottom corner. The ground went absolutely mental.

9 Swindon home (2-1). It was a shame we lost to Brentford in the final after we won this one. Roget scored a brilliant header from David Lee's brilliant cross, Golden goal made me so nervous but we were the side who got it.

10 Have to go for Canvey at home (really away) (2-1). At a time when we were getting gates of bearly 3,000, this was the first time i saw Roots Hall full up and it was an amazing sight. Suddenly we were in all the papers and on the TV. This was Fa cup beauty at it's brilliant best. Of all the teams in the draw, we had to get a game against a side about 6 miles away who we had never played before. Brilliant atmosphere, quality goal by Scott Forbes as well, stepover then curling shot into the corner
biggrin.gif

Back