• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Torquay United 1-0 Southend United

This whole situation is utterly heartbreaking, lost for words, devastated, what next FFS
And bring in who?... I don't see ant solution in your comment.
I guess you could give Fagan a go or maybe Darren Currie, both previously applied for job, we are in **** street and based on this week Brown isn’t the answer, tactics and methods are outdated, I mean seriously after two games in four days you send then on a 10k run, behave yourself. He couldn’t even be arsed to come over at the end and left the players to carry the can. I spoke to Walsh and Phillips at HT and neither had been told why they weren’t playing yesterday when clearly phiilips would have been better than Will and Walsh better than the hopeless Egbr. I don’t think we have bad players, Arnold, Murphy, Dalby, Bridge, Ogogo, Dunne are decent for this level but the system and tactics are killing us at the moment

I guess you could give Fagan a go or maybe Darren Currie, both previously applied for job, we are in **** street and based on this week Brown isn’t the answer, tactics and methods are outdated, I mean seriously after two games in four days you send then on a 10k run, behave yourself. He couldn’t even be arsed to come over at the end and left the players to carry the can. I spoke to Walsh and Phillips at HT and neither had been told why they weren’t playing yesterday when clearly phiilips would have been better than Will and Walsh better than the hopeless Egbr. I don’t think we have bad players, Arnold, Murphy, Dalby, Bridge, Ogogo, Dunne are decent for this level but the system and tactics are killing us at the moment
I said the same yesterday, I've slept on it and I agree. We've got a decent squad - far better than most in this league. We're underperforming because of how it's being managed. I'd add White, Demetriou, Ralph, Hobson, Phillips, and Coulson to your list of players who 'aren't bad at this level' and maintain that nearly all of them would get a game for most other clubs in this league.

5nhsvb.jpg

Every week.

For me. Yesterday's performance (I was there) was criminally bad.

Why is it so bad. Brown has chosen to isolate and drop much better players to suit his ego.

That in my opinion is terrible management.

Sim Akinola, ANG, Ferguson, Walsh, Phillips, Kinali are all better players than some of the total **** that was on display yesterday. The only reason they aren't playing is because of PBs ego.

That is grounds for sacking.

We cannot afford to leave out that much talent and just ignore players.

Akinola posted a picture of himself in the gym on Instagram. So wasn't even allowed to travel.

PB is a dinosaur who is showing himself to be a complete narcissist. We haven't a place for that kind of management at this club, particularly in our darkest hours.

For me. We should give the job to Fagan who I understand is very well liked by the players and is younger and more in touch with modern football, having recently completed his coaching.

Would be a great opportunity for him

Why is it so bad. Brown has chosen to isolate and drop much better players to suit his ego.

Sim Akinola, ANG, Ferguson, Walsh, Phillips, Kinali are all better players than some of the total **** that was on display yesterday. The only reason they aren't playing is because of PBs ego.

Akinola posted a picture of himself in the gym on Instagram. So wasn't even allowed to travel.

PB is a dinosaur who is showing himself to be a complete narcissist. We haven't a place for that kind of management at this club, particularly in our darkest hours.

For me. We should give the job to Fagan who I understand is very well liked by the players and is younger and more in touch with modern football, having recently completed his coaching.

Maybe Brown is simply following RM's instructions.

T'was never, ever about the football club but the land upon which they played (and the land on which they will never play)

Maybe Brown is simply following RM's instructions.

T'was never, ever about the football club but the land upon which they played (and the land on which they will never play)
One of the problems is that RM is not a fan of either Akinola or ANG. For some reason he believed Akinola was a goal scoring centre forward (which he never has been and never will be) and in respect of ANG, he like some supporters became frustrated by his lack of an end product.

I said the same yesterday, I've slept on it and I agree. We've got a decent squad - far better than most in this league. We're underperforming because of how it's being managed. I'd add White, Demetriou, Ralph, Hobson, Phillips, and Coulson to your list of players who 'aren't bad at this level' and maintain that nearly all of them would get a game for most other clubs in this league.
Sorry, but disagree.
You can blame the recruitment on PB, and of your list, I'd say Ralph and White are OK.
The rest?
There were Torquay players capable of dribbling past our players yesterday. Yeah, remember dribbling? None of ours can do that: none.
Arnold would be included in the capable list, and maybe Bridge.
But the two forwards?
Having seen Dalby in the flesh, he's no speed merchant, and Murphy doesn't jump very high.
Important, considering the ever constant flow of balls whanged up in the air towards the front two.

The part that interests me are the conversations between PB and Akinola?
If he's not the manager's 'type of player' how did that come about?
Please don't tell me you wouldn't include a forward capable of scoring!
There has to be something else.
Has Akinola told Brown where to go, or something like it?
As it is, we can only speculate, unless one of the two comes clean.

I noticed that, I didn’t hear what was said but the the fact PB was distant and didn’t join the players said more that any words could
I got the impression from the anxious look on players they were worried for White.
It was only after they got wind everything was all right, some started applauding the disappearing backs of fans headed for the exit.
Didn't Brown speak to fans at Halifax?
But yeah, he looked bitterly disappointed with arms folded, and that did speak volumes.

The part that interests me are the conversations between PB and Akinola?
If he's not the manager's 'type of player' how did that come about?
Please don't tell me you wouldn't include a forward capable of scoring!
There has to be something else.
Has Akinola told Brown where to go, or something like it?
As it is, we can only speculate, unless one of the two comes clean.

My guess is that Akinola told Brown that he was not fit to play at Colchester last season after he had had 70 minutes in the game before at Exeter. We all know how Brown hates anyone to cry off injured unless they have their broken bones in plaster. He thus became one of Brown’s “not my type of player”.

Glenn Pennyfather reckons if Brown left a new manager would put Akinola straight into the team as he has all the attributes we are lacking. ( Oh apart from playing when injured!)

Sorry, but disagree.
You can blame the recruitment on PB, and of your list, I'd say Ralph and White are OK.
The rest?
There were Torquay players capable of dribbling past our players yesterday. Yeah, remember dribbling? None of ours can do that: none.
Arnold would be included in the capable list, and maybe Bridge.
But the two forwards?
Having seen Dalby in the flesh, he's no speed merchant, and Murphy doesn't jump very high.
Important, considering the ever constant flow of balls whanged up in the air towards the front two.
We're in the 5th tier though. Players at this level are less good than in league 1, otherwise they'd be playing in league 1. Murphy is a proven player at this level (as is Akinola). Dalby isn't quick but is clearly a handful and in a Barry Corr type role is a good bet. Agree with you that we don't have players who can go past a man - that's possibly why the forwards get no service, but that's also down to who we've recruited. We already had Ferguson on the books, Brown signed Dunne and Agogo, then added to the midfield further with........ Will Atkinson! - what was that signing about when we already had three workmen in there already?

One man won’t make the team but when you play the pre match thread game of picking a team having Akinola available makes it a lot easier to put up a strong looking balanced side with attacking intent from more than just wherever Bridge is playing.

My guess is that Akinola told Brown that he was not fit to play at Colchester last season after he had had 70 minutes in the game before at Exeter. We all know how Brown hates anyone to cry off injured unless they have their broken bones in plaster. He thus became one of Brown’s “not my type of player”.

Glenn Pennyfather reckons if Brown left a new manager would put Akinola straight into the team as he has all the attributes we are lacking. ( Oh apart from playing when injured!)

Totally agree. It's criminal that Akinola hasn't even had a chance to play in his preferred position of attacking from the wing.

He was played with an injury up front on his own or alongside the clueless goodship who was useless.

He has the goal history to prove he can do it at this level and to exclude him from the squad is criminal

Totally agree. It's criminal that Akinola hasn't even had a chance to play in his preferred position of attacking from the wing.

He was played with an injury up front on his own or alongside the clueless goodship who was useless.

He has the goal history to prove he can do it at this level and to exclude him from the squad is criminal
Fully agree about Akinola of course.
But I have to say, Goodship too suffered from the absence of a main central striker.His massive haul of goals came from his instinctive ability to move inside from a wider position.
In his 1st season here,he scored 4 goals from 14 starts —that was in LEAGUE ONE !

Fully agree about Akinola of course.
But I have to say, Goodship too suffered from the absence of a main central striker.His massive haul of goals came from his instinctive ability to move inside from a wider position.
In his 1st season here,he scored 4 goals from 14 starts —that was in LEAGUE ONE !

He has only started 3 of Weymouth’s 7 matches and is yet to score. I think we’ve finished him off.

Out of interest does anyone know what was said between the fans/players when they went over to speak to the fans at the end?

Back