• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just bought for £100k. Is it just me or has the bottom fallen out of the YP market? Not much training for a quick proficient sale.

Kelly Mcdonald (1894368)
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, respectable batting form, competent bowling form, lively fitness.
A cautious player with proficient leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: LewysBarmyArmy
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 4,516
Wages: £942 p/w

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: respectable Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: worthless

Female cricketers aren't valued as highly.

In all seriousness though, that's a cracking buy.

Just noticed this player that I'd bought the other day

Ricky Mountney - 18 yo, BT Rating=6,941
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, proficient bowling form, energetic fitness.
A defensive player with competent leadership skills and abysmal experience.
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: feeble
Batting: respectable Concentration: respectable
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless

Is there any merit in throwing a WK net at him as a reserve WK ? I'd need to juggle a little bit, or possibly wait 3-4 weeks for a net to become available

Don't you need a keeper?

If he was 17 I'd say definitely. At 18 I'm less certain, but WK trains a lot quicker than batting/bowling and he'd hit quality at 22.

With MrB outbidding me on most of my targets, I instead picked up this guy for £165,000:

Shahryar Askari (1894756)

LH Batsman, LM Bowler, respectable batting form, mediocre bowling form, lively fitness.
A cautious player with competent leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Geoff_Boycotts_Grandmother XI
Nationality: Pakistan
Battrick Rating: 6,609
Wages: £728 p/w
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: mediocre Concentration: feeble
Bowling: competent Consistency: respectable

I think its quite a bit to pay for someone with only competent primary, but its difficult to find trainees with both batting and bowling and decent secondaries. I've only got two spare nets at the moment, so will stick him on batting and bowling, but the idea is when nets free up later this season that I'll stick another bowling on and then add a fielding net probably the following season.

Oops, I just spent a lot of money!

Looks like one hell of a player there B!

4.Shvetang Shashidhar - 17 yo, BT Rating=7,719
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, lively fitness.
A defensive player with mediocre leadership skills and worthless experience.
Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: competent Concentration: feeble
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: respectable

Popped 09/06. Bought for £255,000 a record signing for me

18 people have Saj on shortcut, hoping that will mean a decent bidding war come 9:45!

Hmmm, no further bids so Saj goes for £8.7m. Was hoping for nearer £10m, got offered that last season then the guy backed out. So I've effectively paid £9m for 4 more levels of bowling, 5 levels of concentration and 3 levels of consistency (and better fielding). Seems over the top however he is also 3 years younger so I can push him on a bit.

Means I have no cash whatsoever for a new 5th bowler so I may have to stick with a duffer for OD games and only bowl 4 in FC.

Hmmm, no further bids so Saj goes for £8.7m. Was hoping for nearer £10m, got offered that last season then the guy backed out. So I've effectively paid £9m for 4 more levels of bowling, 5 levels of concentration and 3 levels of consistency (and better fielding). Seems over the top however he is also 3 years younger so I can push him on a bit.

Means I have no cash whatsoever for a new 5th bowler so I may have to stick with a duffer for OD games and only bowl 4 in FC.

A team won my III league last season with playing the 2nd half of the season with 4 bowlers and a strong 5th bowler. As the first 4 are so good you should be fine.

MrB said:
PFL's could become a problem if you only play 4 bowlers in FC.

I have some p1ss easy games in OD so plenty of options to rest. Will just save this season and get a new bowler at the start of next.

What are the stats of your current 5th bowler?
Check out this bad boy:

Sufyan Singh lali - 28 yo, BT Rating=6,259
RH Batsman, RFM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, sublime fitness.
A defensive player with feeble leadership skills and feeble experience.
Stamina: feeble Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: abysmal Concentration: abysmal
Bowling: proficient Consistency: competent
Fielding: feeble

Wish I'd never sold Saxby now! In a few weeks I should have 3 or 4 proficients to sell so if I'm desperate I should be able to pad out with a superb.

Try £1.5m! Still 6 hours left as well. People are clearly mad!!!

Almost tempted to sell Clamp once he pops in batt and conc as he is a much higher wage than Turner and he has only just popped to resp batting! Something to consider if i see a player too good to resist when im back from Espana!

Kev

It's a real bonus as I really overstretched myself to get Marriott but this puts me back in a decent financial position. Still can't afford a decent 5th bowler but we'll see how the skill trading goes in 6 weeks.

It's a real bonus as I really overstretched myself to get Marriott but this puts me back in a decent financial position. Still can't afford a decent 5th bowler but we'll see how the skill trading goes in 6 weeks.

350k better off now, courtesy of the Petts bank account.

Decent purchase at that price, was hoping for nearer £500k.

Decent purchase at that price, was hoping for nearer £500k.

yeah i was chuffed too considering how much other strongs have been going for- i know you popped him from prof/feeble, but i've seen other strong/meds and strong/comps going for anywhere 800k+ recently. Very happy with that price, especially with the XP to compensate somewhat for the weak secondary.

Back