• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

milhouse

Not on the politics sub-forum as I don't see this as political but common sense.

I note that the RMT intend to strike 2 x 3 days over two weeks in order to save the jobs of, er, TWO of their members. Here's a shock, they just happen to be senior union activists.

I don't wish to be cynical, but do you think that such strikes would have been proposed if they were ordinary members rather than activists? Let's think about that.......no, somehow or other these two guys have got a huge over-reaction from a union. Is that unlikely to have happened in response to any other members?

It's been in the news today that one of them had his claim for unfair dismissal upheld. Fine, but firstly, that wasn't known when the strikes were called and secondly, so what - he (not they, the other one's case is outstanding) should be reinstated or get compensation for unfair dismissal JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. Unfairly dismiised or not, why should these guys get better treatment from their union than anyone else who's a member.

I'm not right wing. I'm not anti-union. However, this kind of cronyism gives unions a bad names. It's not only outrageous in principle, it's wholly disproportionate. Why are they calling on their members to strike for even longer than in support of a pay claim. What's more important to your average member? Good pay or some random bloke you don't know getting the bullet? If I were a member I think I would no the answer. So, what deserves the greater strike action?

I hope that the members are a bit more active in opposing their leadership next time they are asked to put their own neck (and pay) on the line to support one of their union barons. Sadly, though, so far, Sir Bob Crowe appears to have boosted his membership by this approach, so there's little sign of that.

I completely forgot in writing the above to direct my ire also at TfL and Boris Johnson.

Victimising union activists? Detailed facts unknown but that's what the Employment Tribunal say. Re-instate the unfairly dismissed employee immediately.

And Boris Johnson, elected on a manifesto of securing a no-strike deal, and what's he done? Nothing, not even talking to unions, and presiding over far more strikes than ever happened before. What a clown.

They should let commuters drive the trains. They have a GO button, a STOP button and one for the doors. There is a nice spot on the dash for an ipad. Sounds like a good job.

I'm planning on doing the Circle Line Pub Crawl on the final day of strikes so could do with them being called off....

I don't use the tube.

Unfortunately this means the C2C will be extra busy to/from Barking which is bad news for those who prefer to travel without an arse or armpit in their face.

What's wrong with walking you lazy *******s?

I walk from Fenchurch street to Fleet street and back every day.

Back