• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TV Shows that have been made into successful films

seany t

President
I was talking to my mate about this the other night and just how many of them sucked ***. We started initially talking about comedy shows, but then veered off onto others. Can you think of many that have worked successfully? Or more importantly, the reason why they rarely ever do? We couldn't...

Good ones:

Naked Gun (the files of Police Squad), South Park the movie, Shaun of the dead (tenuous, but it was made by the same team behind Spaced), Life of Brian / Holy Grail

Ok ones:

Porridge, The Simpsons Movie, Transformers, Charlies Angels, Mission Impossible series, X Files: The movie

Terrible ones:

League of Gentlemen, Dads Army, Bean, all the Star Trek films bar the Wrath of Khan, Jackass, The Flintstones, The Addams Family, Scooby Doo, Macgyver and the Lost city of Atlantis, Starsky & Hutch

How is Life of Brian/Holy Grail not tenuous?

And the Star Trek one with the Borg was pretty good, very dark.

Good one: Wallace and Gromit!

I think Simpsons should be moved into good one's aswell.

How is Life of Brian/Holy Grail not tenuous?

And the Star Trek one with the Borg was pretty good, very dark.

Well it was by the same team as the TV show, and had the words Monty Python in the title, but just done on a grander scale. Like South Park or The Simpsons really. So if you discount those two, then you discount most of this list...

As for Star Trek, can't comment on that one. Thankfully!

How about Play School: The Movie where Big Ted goes ape crazy with an axe and Hanbal becomes a crack whore?

Well it was by the same team as the TV show, and had the words Monty Python in the title, but just done on a grander scale. Like South Park or The Simpsons really. So if you discount those two, then you discount most of this list...

As for Star Trek, can't comment on that one. Thankfully!

I recommend it. Star Trek: First Contact, head and shoulders above most of them (agree, Khan was great).

Wayne's World - started off as a sketch on Saturday Night Live, the film version was excellent dude. Bonus.

How about Play School: The Movie where Big Ted goes ape crazy with an axe and Hanbal becomes a crack whore?

Why does Hollywood always put the words ": The movie" after the film title too? Its not hard to work out is it?

If you're at the cinema, its a film. If its on TV, its probably a TV show...

Hey there chaps!

Don't forget Please Sir. That was made into a film. Shame it was ****ing **** though.
Someone should do a film of Metal Mickey, but make the robot an evil drunk sociopath that preys exclusively on the old and infirm. Like a cross between Bender from Futurama and Maximillian from the Black Hole.
I'd pay to see that.

By the way, be careful when searching for 'Black Hole' on the internet. Some of the results are actually for the 1980 Disney film...

I was talking to my mate about this the other night and just how many of them sucked ***. We started initially talking about comedy shows, but then veered off onto others. Can you think of many that have worked successfully? Or more importantly, the reason why they rarely ever do? We couldn't...

Good ones:

Naked Gun (the files of Police Squad), South Park the movie, Shaun of the dead (tenuous, but it was made by the same team behind Spaced), Life of Brian / Holy Grail

Ok ones:

Porridge, The Simpsons Movie, Transformers, Charlies Angels, Mission Impossible series, X Files: The movie

Terrible ones:

League of Gentlemen, Dads Army, Bean, all the Star Trek films bar the Wrath of Khan, Jackass, The Flintstones, The Addams Family, Scooby Doo, Macgyver and the Lost city of Atlantis, Starsky & Hutch

No way....Jackass the movie 1 and 2 are feckin hilarious...love it love it love it!!!

Back