• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the club cannot afford this tour, where on earth are the promised new players and wages going to come from for next season, Are they telling us that they have spent the season ticket money already? Going back to one of my previous posts why don.t the Trust sponsor a player for a season and pay his wages for that season that should free up the tour fee for the club and give trust members someone to follow with interest for the season However asking the trust to cough up for a pre season tour does not bode well for the coming season are we sending youth team members as our new signings for this coming year?

Going back to one of my previous posts why don.t the Trust sponsor a player for a season and pay his wages for that season that should free up the tour fee for the club and give trust members someone to follow with interest for the season However asking the trust to cough up for a pre season tour does not bode well for the coming season are we sending youth team members as our new signings for this coming year?
Pay his wages? Now I don't know for sure how much any of the players are on but I'm assuming it's between £800 and £1500 per week, possibly more. If the Trust were to do something like that, then the accumulated "safety net" or "emergency" funds would disappear very quickly. The Trust already sponsors the Youth Team and has, in the past, sponsored individual players. I don't personally think there's any mileage at all in suggesting they pay a player's wages and I think the membership at large would be wholeheartedly opposed to such an idea.

This proposed tour ,which is not extensive or unrealistic, is a reasonably priced one. There's no sunning themselves on the beaches of Bermuda (and that one didn't do us a whole lot of good!), it's a simple, grafting tour and whilst I understand people are aggrieved that Tara or Ron haven't stumped up for it, as I see it, Sturrock thinks it will benefit the team as a whole, and if it gives them the right start to the season this year then I think it's in our best interests to agree to fund it....AS A ONE OFF.

I would prefer the Trust fighting fund to be used as an Emergency Fund for any player who hasn't been paid in full by the club. As long as the player can show they haven't been paid then the Trust will give them an interest free loan until they are paid. Working in conjunction with payments from the Players Union if they are members, we could then keep all the players fully motivated by not having to worry about non payment of rent/mortgages/bills. There are two benefits in that the players wages are a secured creditor if the club goes bust and secondly and most importantly we will be able to know what is truth in regard to non payment of players.

I would prefer the Trust fighting fund to be used as an Emergency Fund for any player who hasn't been paid in full by the club. As long as the player can show they haven't been paid then the Trust will give them an interest free loan until they are paid. Working in conjunction with payments from the Players Union if they are members, we could then keep all the players fully motivated by not having to worry about non payment of rent/mortgages/bills. There are two benefits in that the players wages are a secured creditor if the club goes bust and secondly and most importantly we will be able to know what is truth in regard to non payment of players.

But all players are automatically members of the PFA and they do help with wages.

Quickly looked through the whole thread and as far as I can see no one has mentioned the consequences of a 'no vote' winning. Surely the organisation and planning has now gone too far for it to be cancelled? Therefore, presumeably the club would have to stomp up the whole sum..........would that therefore imply that those monies would be reduced from the transfer budget or would economies have to be made, to cut the cost of the tour? I have one or two suggestions............
1) The players could be dropped off at the start of the M1 and hitch their way North.
2) They could be sponsored for the number of miles they achieve
3) Rather than pay for an expensive hotel, the team could stay at the local Salvation Army hostel
4) Or they could be put up by families of their tournament opponents.
5) Players could take their own packed lunches..........at least for the first day.
..............................................................................................................................................any one any others?

Like others, it's the fact that the Club are asking fans for money that irks me. As if paying increased ticket prices for mediocre football isn't enough of a slap to the face!

The tour is a cracking idea. A change of scenery, good training facilities, decent opponents and the fact that the players will be around each other 24/7, rooming together, eating together everyday, spending free time together - team spirit and gelling will be helped no end.

But I do have a problem with the club asking fans for money. It's cheeky.

It's been put back to Monday 23rd May as we have had a delay with the Postal Votes.

What was the delay with the postal votes? Surely those votes received by 17th got counted and those after the 17th didn't! If you want a hand counting them you only need to ask!

What was the delay with the postal votes? Surely those votes received by 17th got counted and those after the 17th didn't! If you want a hand counting them you only need to ask!

Am sure they would of if they wanted to fiz the answer as a no!!!

Vote YES to Scotland

Well we are so sorry :sad:

The delay was in getting them out to the members due to work commitments and holidays, so we had to extend the closing date by 6 days.

Sorry if our personal and working lives get in the way of all things SUFC related :omg:

However we will ensure in future that anything SUFC related will come first :whistling:

Last edited:
Can't believe all the negativity. Totally agree with OBL. Can't help thinking that if the tour was Tilly's idea, the response would be different.

We all know the club has no money. We can sit on our hands and continue to blame Ron and Tara or we can help out with things to help give the team a push. Our schools and hospitals have to ask for extra money to afford certain things like new units so why shouldn't a football club??

We all want promotion and this tour will bond the team ready for the new season

Well we are so sorry :sad:

The delay was in getting them out to the members due to work commitments and holidays, so we had to extend the closing date by 6 days.

Sorry if our personal and working lives get in the way of all things SUFC related :omg:

However we will ensure in future that anything SUFC related will come first :whistling:

That's how it works with ShrimperZone :whistling: :whistling:

Our schools and hospitals have to ask for extra money to afford certain things like new units so why shouldn't a football club??

We all want promotion and this tour will bond the team ready for the new season

Schools and hospitals are funded by the taxpayer and owned (indirectly) by the population. The football club is owned and funded by a private individual. I think that's a pretty big difference.

I have yet to see any evidence that a tour will bond a team or more importantly boost results. Plenty of tours have probably had an opposite effect - was it Bellamy who tried to wrap a golf club round someones head on a tour for Liverpool?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back