• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think any of recent promotion (or relegation / or doing nothing) seasons had a pre season tour. And I'd rather counter with show the evidence there is a link!

So that's a no then.

Anyway, why should I counter with proof there is a link? I've not claimed there is one.

Its not a no - there is some evidence it makes no difference - none of our recent seasons have had a tour - andduring those seasons we've been promoted/relegated and done nothing. Not saying it conclusive evidence and I haven't the time to do more research. I'd say that if there was proof it made a difference all the teams would do it and then if that happened the benefit would disappear and it would then make no difference again!

Its not a no - there is some evidence it makes no difference - none of our recent seasons have had a tour - andduring those seasons we've been promoted/relegated and done nothing. Not saying it conclusive evidence and I haven't the time to do more research. I'd say that if there was proof it made a difference all the teams would do it and then if that happened the benefit would disappear and it would then make no difference again!
Actually, didin't we do Bermuda at the start of our Championship year? I'd take all the highs and lows of that season again (apart from relegation!)

For me the major pee take is Tara asking for the Trust to pay towards the tour. This person has more money than any of us could dream of & is set to benefit from FF when it is eventually built. If the club do well, then it is likely the club will gain more publicity & the club will make more money. Who benefits from it Tara & Wrong Martin.

Cough up Tara & stop acting like Wrong Martin.

I don't think any of recent promotion (or relegation / or doing nothing) seasons had a pre season tour. And I'd rather counter with show the evidence there is a link!

Didn't we have a really bad pre-season one year when all the players got food poisoning at Dover? I think it was 1990/91; didn't do too badly that season as I recall.

For me the major pee take is Tara asking for the Trust to pay towards the tour. This person has more money than any of us could dream of & is set to benefit from FF when it is eventually built. If the club do well, then it is likely the club will gain more publicity & the club will make more money. Who benefits from it Tara & Wrong Martin.

Cough up Tara & stop acting like Wrong Martin.

this post says it as it is and is so true.

I think that 10,000 pounds for Paul and Blair to have a nice little break in the highlands to visit there families is a small price to pay.Is the money to cover the cost of the players wages.Mr brady is worth a few bob,surely he could dip into his pocket.

I think that 10,000 pounds for Paul and Blair to have a nice little break in the highlands to visit there families is a small price to pay.Is the money to cover the cost of the players wages.Mr brady is worth a few bob,surely he could dip into his pocket.

Nearer the truth I am sure.

Surely this is one of those "bogof" offers so therefore cost efficient and money saving?

I didn't pay 100 quid to join the Trust as a life member for PS to take his team on a **** up in Scotland.I'd hope the Trust would use any money they have in the bank to help towards bailing us out of a possible future Administration or towards a future Exeter style Supporters takeover of the club.:angry:

I didn't pay 100 quid to join the Trust as a life member for PS to take his team on a **** up in Scotland.I'd hope the Trust would use any money they have in the bank to help towards bailing us out of a possible future Administration or towards a future Exeter style Supporters takeover of the club.:angry:

Do you really think the Trust has anywhere near enough money in the bank to be able to do what you suggest if it was needed to? And if so do you think the Trust should be throwing cash at the youth team or at physio equipment as they just have done? In the event of administration I'm fairly sure the youth setup would be one of the first cuts.

I'm just curious as it does not seem clear what people actually want the Trust to do or indeed what the Trust is actually set up for?

What, and take the criticism that was levied when Ron was loaned the £60k all over again? :omg: It's precisely because we've listened to the criticism and because time wasn't against us, that members are being given the opportunity to vote on this occasion. Honestly, there's no pleasing some people.

Although I don't like the idea at all, credit where credit is due and The Trust are spot on with consulting their membership.

Oh I do so agree with you Kay. The trust are damned if they do and damned if they dont. The choice is there vote yeah or nay and accept the majority decision. Some how I dont think it will be that simple whatever the outcome people will still winge. Its democratic to take a vote and the trust are doing the right thing.

If there is a "Yes" vote that will be £22,000 of the Trust's money gone. That, I believe, is 25% -ish of their monies ---won't leave much for emergencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back