• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Aye, I've been watching Morgan for a while now (My Woking-supporting flatmate wouldn't stop banging on about him) and he's certainly a very good striker... Something of a Wayne Gray Mk. II, It's as if someone inserted a football brain into a Gray clone and let him loose. There were a few clubs interested in him when he was at Woking and I imagine he'll get poached by a club of Brighton stature should he continue to well for Aldershot.

I've also been following Marvin Morgan for a while (Not stalker stylie). He's improving all the time. I'm amazed he's still at Aldershot, as he is destined for a higher division. Such a shame that we are not in the market for this type of player. He would go down a storm at Southend, and would be perfect for Corr or Sturrock's knock downs.

I have read a few posts saying that we didn't create much. I didn't think that, that was the case.
Soares had two descent efforts on goal, on target might I add so the Football League paper can change that, and most of the stats I've read on the game.
Barry Corr had a lovely touch and turn and just put the ball over with a deflection. Simpson had a shot that just went wide.
A ball across the face of goal in the second half that Matt Patterson almost got his foot on. Clohessy had a couple of crosses that got put in the box.
Spencer had a header that looped over. Corr had a free kick (oh dear).

Easton and Grant are one of the best partnerships in the centre I have seen for us, and they create a lot with good passes and descent runs forward, not to many on Saturday though.

So it's not like we aren't creative, we just need to gel going forward, we are half way there. I think that the forwards we have will be good enough to cement a top ten place at least. We will see and I could be completely wrong, but the side we have got is good. We have strength in depth and people are questioning what team the manager is putting out again.
Corr and Sturrock have deserved their places but I'd say take one of them out now, I see Blair as more of a play maker than a forward, maybe that's just me.

I'd play

Morris
Clohessy Phillips Prosser Barker
Hall Grant Easton
Sturrock
Patterson Spencer

If that doesn't work I'd change Sturrock with Patterson and see Spencer get on the end of Sturrock's flick ons and bring on Corr with 30 minutes to go if we aren't winning 5 - 0.
And if we are losing it a bit in midfield bring Spencer back in on the wing.

OBD, where you got sturrock I think corr would be better in that role..... very good target man, and perfect for flick on's..ideal for paterson...

OBD, where you got sturrock I think corr would be better in that role..... very good target man, and perfect for flick on's..ideal for paterson...

I agree but I think Blair creates a lot. It's great to have a selection upfront, Patterson, Spencer, Sturrock and Corr all add something different to the side.

No its not bad management, if the guy was out on his feet and started again on saturday he would surely have been more susceptable to injury, then you lose a player for 2-3 weeks. Its sensible and thats why we have depth in the squad. In Sturrock we trust?

Did you see Granty at the end of the Bristol game? Pato was holding him up!! (then again Screech was holding both of them up!) Quite a few of the players at Aldershot played the 120 minutes against Bristol.

I just think that Luggy hasn't quite made his mind up on his strikers yet. Corr/Sturrock is a definite no no, so it must be Pato and one other.

give it time the players are still gettin to know each other (how they play, what they like) we can only start talking about what we need after about a 1/4 of the season, a lot of us are saying we need goals, we need to create more, we were all moaning we never had any wingers we now ave 4 and we don't think their good enough, i think this squad is good enough to get us out of this league however not this season, if we do great, we ave a lot more options in this sqaud, which we have lacked in the past, who was our last big target man? when did we last have pace up top, when did we last have a winger, this sqaud will be pushing for the play offs, but imo i don't fink we will make it but i'will hope we do

Without a decent striker, were Stuffed

Tell that to Swansea.

You don't need a '20 goal man' to be successful, yes it would be nice but it's not a must. If you can stay solid at the other end you only need one goal to win a game.

Tell that to Swansea.

You don't need a '20 goal man' to be successful, yes it would be nice but it's not a must. If you can stay solid at the other end you only need one goal to win a game.

Bingo. I'd green you if I could.

On both occasions that we've been relegated in the past four years it wasn't for the lack of a goalscorer, it was because we went through huge chunks of the season conceding three goals every game.

Barry Corr is vital to our front line, I don't believe for one moment he's a 20 a season man but he wins probably about 90% of the headers so all we need is someone with the intelligence and understanding to play off him. I don't think Sturrock is that type of player, but with some development either Paterson or Spencer could easily learn to turn this to their advantage.

Barry Corr is vital to our front line, I don't believe for one moment he's a 20 a season man but he wins probably about 90% of the headers so all we need is someone with the intelligence and understanding to play off him. I don't think Sturrock is that type of player, but with some development either Paterson or Spencer could easily learn to turn this to their advantage.

From what I've seen of Corr so far he's just a lump! He's very good in the air, but that is all. Sturrock impressed me against Bristol but not at any other time. I thought Corr looked his best coming on as a sub for the last 20 and battering the Bristol defence.

Still think Paterson and Spencer are our best options going forward. Both are creative. However, I don't see Luggy playing them together.

To be sure, is there an Irish connection here, at all ?

Back