• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

wearing trainers to/from work.

I'm hiding in this thread for the next few days.

We have a very casual dress code at work, can wear what we want, so I'm in jeans and trainers every day, unless I have an important meeting or heading out somewhere, where I might stick on some shoes or a shirt. Never worn a suit or trousers though, even for big committee meetings.

love it.

nothing wrong with a nice pair of boots for going into uni with. nice thick sole so they won't wear out, a proper heel for support, and very, very nice for doors.

Handy for if/when it snows too.

Just wondering like but are you a female or a male or inbetween the two?

Wearing trainers to/from work is on a par with wearing a Nike/Adidas/Puma etc sports jacket with trousers. You look like the work experience boy and therefore deserve to be treated like scum.

This coming from someone who lives on Canvey is a harsh statement I know, but if you walk into work looking like that people you've never spoken to will immediately think "post room".

Wearing trainers to/from work is on a par with wearing a Nike/Adidas/Puma etc sports jacket with trousers. You look like the work experience boy and therefore deserve to be treated like scum.

This coming from someone who lives on Canvey is a harsh statement I know, but if you walk into work looking like that people you've never spoken to will immediately think "post room".

I like people thinking I'm post-room when I roll in at quarter to tenhalf nine wearing trainers as when they come knocking on my office door as they need my permission it's like the post-room telling them no.

I've seen guys doing this and thought it a bit odd, full suit on but with trainers on and then change into their work shoes when they get to the office. I can understand the girls doing it as they totter to the office but guys too...

Personally, I wear jeans and timberlands to / from the office and change into a suit upon arrival. Saves a fortune in dry cleaning and suit / shoe wear and tear plus I find it generally more comfy. Days like the other day where it was pishing it down meant I was out of my wet jeans and nice and dry when I got in.

It's the future.

I have always wondered what the non-uniformers do for a job in London. A chap at Basildon fits the jeans and timberland bill!

Back