• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jam_Man

Life President
I've always been behind Freddy and his return and today I think we saw the return of Eastwood as a good player for us, as opposed to a shadow of his older self. He wont ever get back to the player he was in 2004/2005 but then to be good in this league he doesnt have to.

There has been a backlash against him due to his fitness and attitude, the former being understandable after not really ever regaining fitness last year, but even after the first game I saw posts about him not being fit, which I personally think was due to some peoples perception of him rather than anything based in fact.

What Ive seen this season so far is a player working harder than he ever did in the 'old days'. He will never work as hard as some players but he did plenty of closing down and running today, more than he would have done before.

As for his attitude, that has often been misinterpreted anyway, he is laid back and often looks disinterested, always did in his first spell but didnt matter so much when he is scoring every week. However today surely even the doubters could see how much he wanted it. When he scored the elation on his face and the whoop of joy he bellowed out was brilliant. He loved getting that goal, lets hope it continues.

He clearly is happier now Brown has put faith in him and can surely only get better as time goes on?

With Eastwood and Corr up front I actually have individual players I look forward to watching again, hears hoping they stay fit !

I haven't been behind his return, but I agree he's a different player to last season. As I've said on a different thread, a Freddy on form is probably too good for this level, but he's got to want it. If he wants to give it his best, I'm right behind him. If he just wants to pick up a wage for a few years somewhere close to home, the Daggers can have him.

I haven't been behind his return, but I agree he's a different player to last season. As I've said on a different thread, a Freddy on form is probably too good for this level, but he's got to want it. If he wants to give it his best, I'm right behind him. If he just wants to pick up a wage for a few years somewhere close to home, the Daggers can have him.

He has always been laid back, but if you saw him today he had plenty of desire. His reaction after scoring was priceless.

I've always been behind Freddy and his return and today I think we saw the return of Eastwood as a good player for us, as opposed to a shadow of his older self. He wont ever get back to the player he was in 2004/2005 but then to be good in this league he doesnt have to.

There has been a backlash against him due to his fitness and attitude, the former being understandable after not really ever regaining fitness last year, but even after the first game I saw posts about him not being fit, which I personally think was due to some peoples perception of him rather than anything based in fact.

What Ive seen this season so far is a player working harder than he ever did in the 'old days'. He will never work as hard as some players but he did plenty of closing down and running today, more than he would have done before.

As for his attitude, that has often been misinterpreted anyway, he is laid back and often looks disinterested, always did in his first spell but didnt matter so much when he is scoring every week. However today surely even the doubters could see how much he wanted it. When he scored the elation on his face and the whoop of joy he bellowed out was brilliant. He loved getting that goal, lets hope it continues.

He clearly is happier now Brown has put faith in him and can surely only get better as time goes on?

With Eastwood and Corr up front I actually have individual players I look forward to watching again, hears hoping they stay fit !

Totally agree. Great post.

I agree with you on all of this. Have said before I think it's the end for Freddy but looks like I am being proved wrong and I couldn't be happier

Well said. I'm one of his biggest critics and have slated him in the past, but these last 2 games he has just oozed class. Work rate if the one thing that used to frustrate me about him but he's really putting a shift in recently. He looks like he's enjoying himself and I'm enjoying watching him. Long may it continue.

It was a delight to see so much hunger and effort from him today. If it continues we should be in for a cracking season.

Noticed when Eastwood was substituted Phil Brown gave him a hug. Always said Freddy was an arm round the shoulder type of player who responds to that type of manager. Well done Phil Brown you certainly know how to get the best out of players.:thumbsup:

Freddy needs service, and service he got from John White and others today. He also set up chances for others. This is not the Fred of old, but a new, more intelligent Fred, and what a delight it is for those of us who have supported his return to see some vindication today.

It is so very pleasing to see such a topic of conversation.

If we were being critical, I would say that to some degree he (Eastwood) has not been greedy enough in the recent games - playing the ball off to others and keeping possession when I would have wanted him to try to bamboozle one or two players and make room for others to exploit. But you can't argue with 2 goals in 3 games and 3 clean sheets. :smile:

so far this year he has oozed class, his first touch is impeccable regardless of the ball to him, and the desire to play and score is back. his goal today was like watching us 5 or 6 years ago, and long may it continue!!!:thumbsup:

I had a cheeky pint bet with someone at the Yeovil game that he'd get 10 this season. Looks like he'll be buying me a Xmas pint at this stage. Played Fred!

Never in doubt. Get him fit and he's the best player at this level by a mile.

I have him in the Trust's "Quid a Goal" fund raiser (I also have Leonard), so far that's £2, more than happy for the total to keep rising! :smile:

Freddy is looking very sharp and keen these days,like its been said on here we wont see him at his peak again but if we get just half of that skill and goal threat out of him he will be a real threat at this level.

Never in doubt. Get him fit and he's the best player at this level by a mile.

Exactly, Freddy has obviously worked hard on his pre-season and fitness, as have all the team and boy what a difference.
Coupled with Phil Brown's excellent man management Freddy is looking sharp and enthusiastic again and the world's a much better place! :clap:

Back