• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not sure I agree with the above. Yes Freddie has been excellent so far, I think every one agrees that. Watching him wanting the ball, getting involved and chasing down defenders is great. He clearly 'appears' to be fitter and 'appears' to ahe more desire ---- BUT it highlights what he was not doing last year and therefore actually, IMO backs up the 'backlash' as you put it for last year. Yes we could all see that he 'wanted it' , but again it highlights what was missing last year.
I am delighted he is 'back' , and am delighted that he is playing so well, but this doesn't mean that I should change my opinion of the Freddie I watched for last season.

Well documented injury issues, maybe poor man management from luggy, maybe poor attitude from fred.....hard to tell really maybe a bit of all three led to less than inspiring season. Although a fair few players were less than inspiring last year. Brown obviously has him motivated and the medical team seem to be on top of his fitness issues.

He didnt do it last year because he wasnt fit due to his knee.

His attitude now just shows what he would have done last year if he was fit enough.

Your backlash that you feel is justified is pretty much down to a player being injured, hardly his fault.

Last season Fred was overweight unfit and looked uninterested,If his knee was that troublesome he simply could not play IMO,Tales of him feasting on lardy food hardly helps his cause,Currently he appears leaner thus fitter and so far look's the part.

Many on here including me constantly stated he looked finished so fair play to Fred for proving us doubters wrong ..So far.

He didnt do it last year because he wasnt fit due to his knee.

His attitude now just shows what he would have done last year if he was fit enough.

Your backlash that you feel is justified is pretty much down to a player being injured, hardly his fault.

Backlash is your words, not mine and I am simply trying to highlight why people might have this view. A lot of people are very blinkered when it comes to Freddy. We had Freddie last year stating he was fit to play, plus we had people on here then moaning at Sturrock for not playing him Then in this thread we have people stating that Freddie was injured last season and that's why he didn't 'do it' last year. Which one is is - people cant have it both ways ? If Freddie was not performing last year because he was injured then he didn't help his cause by stating that he was fit. Personally I never thought he was fit and that was why he did not play, and when he did play did not play to the standard that we expect from him.

It seems after a questionable return, Freddy is finally winning the fans back. Currently sitting as our player of the season on Fanthesis (*cough* go visit here).

Backlash is your words, not mine and I am simply trying to highlight why people might have this view. A lot of people are very blinkered when it comes to Freddy. We had Freddie last year stating he was fit to play, plus we had people on here then moaning at Sturrock for not playing him Then in this thread we have people stating that Freddie was injured last season and that's why he didn't 'do it' last year. Which one is is - people cant have it both ways ? If Freddie was not performing last year because he was injured then he didn't help his cause by stating that he was fit. Personally I never thought he was fit and that was why he did not play, and when he did play did not play to the standard that we expect from him.

The whole of that paragraph revolves around him not being fit. We all knew he had an op in the close season and he hadnt had a proper pre-season and then rarely got game time.

Freddy may have said he was fit, but then he said that when he came back on loan then subsequently had to have an op. Cant blame him for wanting to play and the management arent going to judge him fit just because he says so.

Whether that is the only reason Sturrock didnt play him we will never know, it will certainly be a part of it. Brown has the luxury now of being at a time when Freddy is fit, but he also gave him games at the end of last season when supposedly he wasn't which will have helped rebuild Freddys confidence, morale and fitness. Would it have helped if Sturrock had put more faith in him? Maybe, maybe not. It may well not have been an option earlier and we cant judge that decision without knowing what happened. What we do know is Brown has given Freddy a first team place and he has had a decent pre-season and at this time it is now reaping results.

It seems after a questionable return, Freddy is finally winning the fans back. Currently sitting as our player of the season on Fanthesis (*cough* go visit here).

I'm in the crowd that never lost faith and knew that all it took was the right person to help push him and to get over his injuries from last season.

Gun fingers!!!

This calls for a trip down memory lane.

229270-1.JPG

dcpzja.jpg

2rz6igz.jpg

2sbokg9.jpg

15bk3a.jpg

Freddy%20eastwood%20celebrates%20his%20goal.Jpg

Been away the weekend and all I know is we lost to a 95th minute goal which is a real bummer.

Still, 3 goals in 4 games for Freddy.

Anyone still confident he is no longer a goal scorer?

If he can stay fit with Corr I think we have a decent partnership up there now.

He said pre Chesterfield the difference this season is actually playing....having a manager that believes in him. Cant wait for his goal against wycombe its gonna be a good one I can tell.

He's certainly on the right path to prove all the doubters. He is a class act always has been its not something you just lose. He unfortunately served under managers who either didn't want him or didn't know how to play him. Phil Brown obviously know how to handle Eastwood and has done an excellent job in sorting his fitness out.

Keep it up Freddy :smile:

Well its a catch 22 situation, Sturrock probably didnt play him because he wasnt fit, but Freddy couldnt get fit without playing.

Brown had the luxury of coming in when it was pretty much game over last season and could take the chance.

Whatever the history, he is back and is scoring and lets hope that continues.

Did he equal or better the club record when he got 7 in 7 before?

Well its a catch 22 situation, Sturrock probably didnt play him because he wasnt fit, but Freddy couldnt get fit without playing.

Brown had the luxury of coming in when it was pretty much game over last season and could take the chance.

Not just Sturrock though, McCarthy was next to useless with him as well. Said it before, he needs to feel wanted and appreciated and for whatever reason, Luggy couldn't/didn't do that. It's brilliant to see him strutting around and really wanting to score, long may it continue!

Wasn't there rumours doing the rounds that Sturrock didn't really want Eastwood and it was Ron Martin that signed him?

Yeah, don't quote me on it but IIRC think the rumours were that Tara Brady played a big part in signing Freddy along with Harris and Dave Martin.

Not sure that any of them fit the headless chicken hoofball style that Sturrock requested from his sides. Sturrock openly admitted he wanted the ball forward as quickly as possible and playing the percentages. These players certainly are better suited to a passing style of play.

Back