• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Always loved Freddy and was always willing to give him the time and games he needed to prove himself, he's earned that from his 1st spell. I like Brown too and the fact he is getting the best out of Freddy again only raises my opinion, was really frustrated when Sturrock never played him.

Always loved Freddy and was always willing to give him the time and games he needed to prove himself, he's earned that from his 1st spell. I like Brown too and the fact he is getting the best out of Freddy again only raises my opinion, was really frustrated when Sturrock never played him.

..... particularly when some loan player was given a chance as sub and not Fred.

Took 80/1 on him top scorer last week keep it up Freddy ⚽⚽

i saw that and decided to take it today and best i could get was 66/1... still a great price each way! keep banging em in Fred!

Freddy needs service, and service he got from John White and others today. He also set up chances for others. This is not the Fred of old, but a new, more intelligent Fred, and what a delight it is for those of us who have supported his return to see some vindication today.

Couldnt agree more. I am preferring the older and upgraded Freddie to be honest, and I think he is a very long way from the has-been that some had predicted. He is here because he wants to be here, he is scoring goals for fun, it is great to see him get the service he needs from the rest of the team (which wasnt forthcoming last season) and most importantly, Phil Brown clearly knows how to get the best from him. I am very glad to be vindicated!

looks a good player when gets a run out he will never be the player he was but he has more to his game now he thinks more brings players into the game the old fred was a goal machine but when teams marked him out of the game we was toothless up front

There's no way the 2012/13 Freddy would have been able to get on to White's excellent through-ball yesterday. Predatory finish too like the Fred of old! He really does seem to have got his mo-jo back and given his quality that alone could be the difference between a mediocre and successful season. If he continues like this he'll frighten the life out of L2 as a fit and firing Freddy is way, way too good for this level.

There's no way the 2012/13 Freddy would have been able to get on to White's excellent through-ball yesterday. Predatory finish too like the Fred of old! He really does seem to have got his mo-jo back and given his quality that alone could be the difference between a mediocre and successful season. If he continues like this he'll frighten the life out of L2 as a fit and firing Freddy is way, way too good for this level.

Got to agree with this. lets not forget his knee problem prevented him getting to the fitness level he neded last season but now, particually yesterday and up at Harlepool he looked to have put that well behind him. Long may that continue.

Got to agree with this. lets not forget his knee problem prevented him getting to the fitness level he neded last season but now, particually yesterday and up at Harlepool he looked to have put that well behind him. Long may that continue.

Indeed Ken, Ayrshire and I (and probably others) kept repeating this last season but people weren't willing to get off his back. Properly healed now, what a difference!

Fred has shed his timber and looks up for it,Well bloody done Fred

Still fairly stocky, thought this worked well int eh first half when Northampton were trying to physically bully the game, Freddy certainly gave as good as he got.

Still fairly stocky, thought this worked well int eh first half when Northampton were trying to physically bully the game, Freddy certainly gave as good as he got.

He's matured physically and while he may not be as nimble in his first spell he's no doubt stonger.

I've always been behind Freddy and his return and today I think we saw the return of Eastwood as a good player for us, as opposed to a shadow of his older self. He wont ever get back to the player he was in 2004/2005 but then to be good in this league he doesnt have to.

There has been a backlash against him due to his fitness and attitude, the former being understandable after not really ever regaining fitness last year, but even after the first game I saw posts about him not being fit, which I personally think was due to some peoples perception of him rather than anything based in fact.

What Ive seen this season so far is a player working harder than he ever did in the 'old days'. He will never work as hard as some players but he did plenty of closing down and running today, more than he would have done before.

As for his attitude, that has often been misinterpreted anyway, he is laid back and often looks disinterested, always did in his first spell but didnt matter so much when he is scoring every week. However today surely even the doubters could see how much he wanted it. When he scored the elation on his face and the whoop of joy he bellowed out was brilliant. He loved getting that goal, lets hope it continues.

He clearly is happier now Brown has put faith in him and can surely only get better as time goes on?

With Eastwood and Corr up front I actually have individual players I look forward to watching again, hears hoping they stay fit !

Not sure I agree with the above. Yes Freddie has been excellent so far, I think every one agrees that. Watching him wanting the ball, getting involved and chasing down defenders is great. He clearly 'appears' to be fitter and 'appears' to ahe more desire ---- BUT it highlights what he was not doing last year and therefore actually, IMO backs up the 'backlash' as you put it for last year. Yes we could all see that he 'wanted it' , but again it highlights what was missing last year.
I am delighted he is 'back' , and am delighted that he is playing so well, but this doesn't mean that I should change my opinion of the Freddie I watched for last season.

Not sure I agree with the above. Yes Freddie has been excellent so far, I think every one agrees that. Watching him wanting the ball, getting involved and chasing down defenders is great. He clearly 'appears' to be fitter and 'appears' to ahe more desire ---- BUT it highlights what he was not doing last year and therefore actually, IMO backs up the 'backlash' as you put it for last year. Yes we could all see that he 'wanted it' , but again it highlights what was missing last year.
I am delighted he is 'back' , and am delighted that he is playing so well, but this doesn't mean that I should change my opinion of the Freddie I watched for last season.

He didnt do it last year because he wasnt fit due to his knee.

His attitude now just shows what he would have done last year if he was fit enough.

Your backlash that you feel is justified is pretty much down to a player being injured, hardly his fault.

Back