• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

i normally go in the East Yellows with the chaps but for the last couple of games I have gone back to my spiritial home of 86 The West Bank, and I must admit I quiet like it in there you seem to be alot nearer to the action, and its got more of a footbally feel about it the smell of **** and Old Holburn to name but a few, but what did make me chuckle was on saturday. Me and my mate Terry (whos the head doorman at Churchills and is a giant of a man) went and found our seats, which where in the middle of a group old men who have obviously been going since they where boys and since the west has been seating, have prob always stayed in the same seats. Wel lthey gave me and Terry a lovely welcome , first of all about 5 mins before kick off we went to sit down, but would they get up to let us through ? what do you reckon, they just looked at each other and started muttering (probably something like they own the f**king air that I breath because they are older than me or something similar) so in the end we just had to try and squeeze pasted there angled legs and thank them.

Well once seated I commited the automate sin ......... answered my mobile phone, sh*t what a mistake? the look on there faces you would have thought I had just ****ed on there dead wifes!!! By now me and Terry found this alittle strange but slightly amusing. We put our introductions down to experience, well the game starts and we all know what happened don't we Up we went like mad men screaming shouting and huggin anyone who was standing up celebrating as well . for about the next 2 minutes we where all over them and I was like any other passionate blue blooded Southend fan screaming and urging the lads on, and then it came, it killed me stone dead, the old boy next to me got hold of my f**king jumper and shouted right in my face SHUUUT UP, I said sorry old fella, what did you say? He said again, now with all his dads army starring at me " I told you SHUUUUT UUP bloody shut up screaming in my ear"! I said f**k off mate its football, f**k off home if you don't like . He said 2 You bloody **** off upsetting everyone, I told him to go and get the bloody steward if he thinks im being aproblem, people behind and in front of me couldnt believe what this group of old **** suckers where going on about. Incidentally when we scored did they get up and cheer did they f**k, they where to busy moaning about the weather and Duncan Jupp. I thought I would share my little experience with you, Its so frustrating because they where old men (OAP's) and what can you do, you know if they where 20 years younger I would have told the fella if he looks at me again ill bite his f**king ear off, but you cant can you it makes me look like the bad guy

Shame you never kept the Harry Potter Duvet Cover you won in the Q&A Raffle - you could of given it to them to keep them warm
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (one flew over the cockles nest @ Oct. 18 2004,16:15)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BILLERICAY BLUE @ Oct. 18 2004,17:11)]Whereabouts in the Wes Stand were you ?
is it J block? just abit to the Noth Bank but by the half way line about 8 rows back
Must make sure I don't sit there then, it's bad enough where I sit now, but at least they do try and get behind the team sometimes
tounge.gif

I had to move away from the bloody West Stand.

Crap view, negative opinions, crap bar that gets round to serving you a flat pint just as the stewards are coming in to throw you out and now crazy old men who are up for a row!

blues.gif

"I was going to bite his f**king ear off"

When are you going to learn that violence does not solve everything and biting an old pensioners ear off is definately not the way to go about things especially when you probably upset the poor chap with your butish ways and vile tongue.

If i was that man }who has probably been going for thirty years in the same place} had some big blond haired brute who was probably drunk shouting obsceneties next too me, i would probably been a little narked and out of sheer fear lashed out.

Just because you were with the head doorman from Churchills as you kept telling us, doesn't mean you can bully you way through a group of old men and spoil their day out.

Rant over i am sure you are a nice man really but you need to look at the big picture sometimes. Imagine that was your grandfather trembling with fear with two big bouncers sitting next too him.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (one flew over the cockles nest @ Oct. 18 2004,16:31)]you know if they where 20 years younger I would have told the fella if he looks at me again ill bite his f**king ear off, but you cant can you it makes me look like the bad guy
I guess if he were 20 years younger he wouldn't had such a problem with you cheering.

As it is, it might have made sense to change seats. I'm sure the stewards wouldn't have minded and you could have shouted to your hearts content! (Assuming you didn't that is!)

It's not worth getting in to an argument with people like that, it's not worth the agro.

You didn't cause that old bloke to leave the West Stand via the St Johns Ambulance wheelchair on Saturday then ?
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barry the dog @ Oct. 18 2004,17:39)]"I was going to bite his f**king ear off"

When are you going to learn that violence does not solve everything and biting an old pensioners ear off is definately not the way to go about things especially when you probably upset the poor chap with your butish ways and vile tongue.

If i was that man }who has probably been going for thirty years in the same place} had some big blond haired brute who was probably drunk shouting obsceneties next too me, i would probably been a little narked and out of sheer fear lashed out.

Just because you were with the head doorman from Churchills as you kept telling us, doesn't mean you can bully you way through a group of old men and spoil their day out.

Rant over i am sure you are a nice man really but you need to look at the big picture sometimes. Imagine that was your grandfather trembling with fear with two big bouncers sitting next too him.
Hear hear!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rayleigh_Blue @ Oct. 18 2004,17:43)]You didn't cause that old bloke to leave the West Stand via the St Johns Ambulance wheelchair on Saturday then ?
rock.gif
I think he must have nipped over to the East Stand bar and had a pint of Kronenbourg. My guts were rotten all day after that pint of slime. Sticking to bottles fron now on.

I asked for a pint of J Smiths and got something that looked like Giunness but tasted like coke!

She said its a new barrel (a new barrel of what? I thought!) 'Its o.k.' I said, 'just give me a pint of Kronenbourg instead'................Dodgy as you like!

Back