• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Worse than the 300,000 babies stolen in Spain?

Ha! You don't give up,do you? Yes IMO.

The two cases aren't really comparable but I stand by my opinon.Especially as The Windrush Scandal reflects a contemporary problem (rather than an historical one) which caused the resignation of one Tory Home Secretary and I believe would/should have also led to the hounding from office of a second, if she hadn't been PM at the time and if Brexit hadn't then been such an overriding issue in UK politics

Last edited:
Another vote for Derek Spence's From the Troubles to the Tower. (Thanks to The Big Daddy for the heads up).Just read the short chapter on his time with us so far.Lovely tribute to our very own Dave Brabbing (also on SZ).I remember that pitch side presentation well.Loved watching Derek Spence and Keith Mercer play for us.We had a great side in those days.

Nellie Bly`s (journalistic pseudonym) Ten Days in a Mad-House.An historical account of her experiences in NY's Blackwell's Island Insane Asylum.Doubt if that many things have changed for the better,unfortunately.

I read the first two (short) chapters of A Girl is A Half Formed Thing by Eimar McBride. No idea what I read, it's like Joyce's Ulysses. Completely unintellegable.

Just started Colin Grant's enjoyable Bageye at the Wheel: A 1970's Childhood in Surburbia.In Luton in CG's case though his acount is a Jamaican one, rather than the Asian ubringing portrayed in the recent Blinded by the Light.
How come white working class kids don't get to publish their childhood memoirs anymore?

Back