• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Understand it took KI more than 10 years to write The Buried Giant.Is it better than his early work?

It’s very very clever. More so than when I was reading it if that makes sense, because it was deceptively simple as an allegorical journey. Not read many of his earlier ones so can’t comment but it’s a fantastic piece of work

It’s very very clever. More so than when I was reading it if that makes sense, because it was deceptively simple as an allegorical journey. Not read many of his earlier ones so can’t comment but it’s a fantastic piece of work

I'm a great fan of KI 's early work.Not so sure about this one but might give it a try.

I am reading Exodus From The Alamo By Phillip Thomas Tucker , puts a whole new slant on the battle at The Alamo , John Wayne must be turning in his grave .

War of the Roses - Stormbird. Book one of four by Conn Iggulden. Historical novel of the two royal families that plunged England into 30 years of civil war. Nobody does historical novels like Conn.

What does it say about the fate of Davy Crockett?
Not what you see in the films , since the Battle of The Alamo Mexican reports have been ignorned what happend . Phillip Tucker spent a lot of time going over them and has come up with a complete different version .

Ah, have seen a few documentaries and all pointed to him (and others) meeting his end in a rather undignified manner, contrary to the American idealistic belief of a heroic death.

Ah, have seen a few documentaries and all pointed to him (and others) meeting his end in a rather undignified manner, contrary to the American idealistic belief of a heroic death.
Mexican officers remember six Texans be found hideing in a room who were killed were told that one of there names was Cockett who said to Santa Anna that he would take any message he wanted to take to Sam Houston .

Ties in with what I've seen and read before, apparently there were (verified) papers left by a Mexican officer that pretty much confirmed Davy C's actual fate which far from the glorious ending / the myth that prevails in the USA.

Ties in with what I've seen and read before, apparently there were (verified) papers left by a Mexican officer that pretty much confirmed Davy C's actual fate which far from the glorious ending / the myth that prevails in the USA.
It is very dangerous to say these things in Texas .

Just started Kerry Hudson's Lowborn:Growing up,Getting Away and Returning to Britain's Poorest Towns*.

A moving and harrowing indictment of childcare provision in the UK.

Incidentally*,one of the 3 towns mentioned in the book is Great Yarmouth,which I have very happy memories of,from regular,annual visits to the Norfolk Broads back in the 60's.

Just started Kerry Hudson's Lowborn:Growing up,Getting Away and Returning to Britain's Poorest Towns*.

A moving and harrowing indictment of childcare provision in the UK.

Incidentally*,one of the 3 towns mentioned in the book is Great Yarmouth,which I have very happy memories of,from regular,annual visits to the Norfolk Broads back in the 60's.

Went there in Easter and like many English seaside towns, it's hugely in decline.

Back