• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Went there in Easter and like many English seaside towns, it's hugely in decline.

Very much like SOS, unfortunately.

Edit Kerry Hudson revisted GY earlier this year and she found the town much improved from when she was a teenager there in the 90's.Whether that will continue to be the case in a place that voted 71% for Brexit remains to be seen.

Last edited:
Half way through Zadie Smith's Grand Union.Her first collection of short stories.Well written but not really my sort of thing, as most of the stories are set in NYC where she lives these days.

Currently engrossed in Dominic Sandbrook's massive Who Dares Wins: Britain,1979-1982.Arguably the beginning of the most controversial period in modern British history.Apart from the current situation ,of course. :Winking:

Currently enjoying The Man in the Red Coat:Julian Barnes.His take on the Parisan La Belle Epoque.In some ways, it's a pity that such a lifelong francophile hasn't done more to condemn the present Brexit nonsense.His Author's Note certainly makes his opinion clear,however.

Well Tangled, and maybe the occasional other visitor to this thread, time for a new one. Our very own Player of the Year 1980/81, Derek Spence, has just published his autobiography 'From the Troubles to the Tower'

It's a cracking read - I helped him with it!

Only out on kindle at the moment, we are just waiting for the publisher link with Amazon for the paperback to come on stream and then we'll launch it fully

And I'll get Derek down to Roots Hall in the New Year for a signing session.

Books by former Shrimpers don't come aroud too often, so I suggest you put this one on your list for Santa.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Troubles-T...e+troubles+to+the+tower&qid=1575931890&sr=8-1

Back