• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Been enjoying John Cooper Clarke's autobiography 'I Wanna Be Yours' today. He made me chortle when telling about his experience on the terraces at Old Trafford ...

"The football terrace chant, as it was then, was the last repository of true folk music. It's amazing how quickly snippets of topical import would make their way into the baying derogatory chorus, but it was usually inflammatory insults aimed at the opposing fans and indeed the town they lived in. Take this favourite anti-Liverpool chant of mine, the classic 'Kop Tw@ts', to the tune of 'Top Cat':

Kop Tw@ts
You thieving b@st@rds
Kop Tw@ts
You thieving b@st@rds
We all know you sign on the dole
And you live in a f@cking sh!t 'ole."

Been enjoying John Cooper Clarke's autobiography 'I Wanna Be Yours' today. He made me chortle when telling about his experience on the terraces at Old Trafford ...

"The football terrace chant, as it was then, was the last repository of true folk music. It's amazing how quickly snippets of topical import would make their way into the baying derogatory chorus, but it was usually inflammatory insults aimed at the opposing fans and indeed the town they lived in. Take this favourite anti-Liverpool chant of mine, the classic 'Kop Tw@ts', to the tune of 'Top Cat':

Kop Tw@ts
You thieving b@st@rds
Kop Tw@ts
You thieving b@st@rds
We all know you sign on the dole
And you live in a f@cking sh!t 'ole."
On the subject of footy chants my favourite is - oh teddy, teddy you went to man united and you won f'''''k all . Teddy, of course, proved the lyricist wrong.

Just started Dave Boling's Guernica,a fictional account of the tragedy there.

(Perhaps someone can explain to my why the excellent second hand bookshop I bought this from a couple of weeks ago in the Midi is now closed in the Confinement there ,whereas all bookshops here in Catalonia are currently open? Go figure)!

Last edited:
I finished Peter Doggett's 'The Man Who Sold The World: David Bowie and the 1970s' today.
It's a hugely well-researched and almost scholarly work, certainly rich in its musical appreciation and cultural historicism, and it goes much deeper than Bowie's 1970s work. It's also part biography too and is further well-informed by the contributions of commentators who were part of the great man's life and times. I wouldn't be surprised if Peter Doggett has added to this 2011 edition - either a birthday or Christmas gift from my brother that year - which has waited several years for my full perusal. Another one that's hugely recommended but primarily for Bowie fans, obviously.

DB3.jpg

Last edited:
Chris Hillman's 'Time Between'. He was bass player in The Byrds, Flying Burrito Brothers, Manassas, Desert Rose Band etc. Interesting reminiscences of Gram Parsons, McGuinn, Crosby, Stills and others. Nothing sensational, told with restraint and even handedness considering the times he lived through.

Chris Hillman's 'Time Between'. He was bass player in The Byrds, Flying Burrito Brothers, Manassas, Desert Rose Band etc. Interesting reminiscences of Gram Parsons, McGuinn, Crosby, Stills and others. Nothing sensational, told with restraint and even handedness considering the times he lived through.

Checked out the reviews of this on Amazon and (as you say) he doesn't do the dirt on his fellow Byrds or even Steve Stills who he played with in Manassas.Talking about his fellow Byrds, I saw Gene Clark play at Badalona here back in the day.Since he asked for any requests, I called out for Dublin Blues, which he seemed happy that someone in the mainly Spanish/Catalan audience knew and promptly played it.Great concert.Who knows, maybe Chris Hillman will be booked to play at Badalona in 2021?

Last edited:
Back