• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What "The 5 People..."? Cool, didn't know my opinions carried so much weight!*

*Disclaimer: No responsibilty accepted in the event of personal dislike of book.

Well going to need something to read in a few days, so I have to take my recommendations from somewhere!

Columbine - Dave Cullen

essential reading

Read Homicide by David Simon on holiday, absolutely brilliant. We'll worth reading even if you didn't like The Wire (MK you fool!!!)

Just finished Booker Prize winner 'The White Tiger' by Aravind Adiga. I wouldn't be quite as enthusiastic about it as some of the reviews were, but it was a pretty good read all the same.

It's either 'Run Rabbit' by John Updike or a book about Genghis Khan next.

I just finished Run Rabbit last week. It was alright but I preferred Ralph Ellison's Invisible Man and Graham Greene's Power and the Glory, which I've finished reading recently.

Next up is Vanity Fair and All the King's Men.

I just finished Run Rabbit last week. It was alright but I preferred Ralph Ellison's Invisible Man and Graham Greene's Power and the Glory, which I've finished reading recently.

Next up is Vanity Fair and All the King's Men.

I want to read more Graham Greene; I really enjoyed 'Our Man In Havana'. In fact, a trip to the library to see which of his books they've got, then I'll concern myself with Genghis or Updike.

Just finished reading Rosemary's Baby, and Rebus' last one, Exit Music. (Which was outstanding, and a bit weird as they go into lots of pubs I used to frequent). Also one I just finished is Inverting the Pyramid, a history of football tactics. Dick Bate and Bobby Houghton get a mention. Well worth a read.

Now reading Norman Mailer's historical effort on the Nazis, Castle in the Garden. OK so far.

Just started reading Art Deco Tableware by Judy Spours. A mine of information for lovers of cups, saucers, plates and tea-pots from the 20's and 30's.

Just finished 'The Bell Jar' by Sylvia Plath, pleasantly suprised. I was expecting a very depressing read, but I enjoyed it alot, really well written with a dark humour I thought.

Now halfway through Roseanna by Maj Sjowall, Per Wahloo

The precursor to Mankell, fantastic, humanistic slant on detective fiction

The Kite Runner - Only just started it but it seems like a decent read. Also reading "The new cold War". Russian's are ones to watch by 2015 onwards. Putin is a class A tit!! Commy ****.

The Kite Runner - Only just started it but it seems like a decent read. Also reading "The new cold War". Russian's are ones to watch by 2015 onwards. Putin is a class A tit!! Commy ****.

Good book and not one I'd thought would appeal to you ;)

Back