• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

southend4ever

I used to play a little.
Hi All,

My Grandad has his 80th coming up! He lives alone. He has loved sport all throughout his life.

He is a lot less nimble now, with a fragile memory to say the least. He never likes a fuss to be made. But it's his 80th. Most likely his last big birthday celebration...

What can I do that he will really appreciate? He is a legend and has spent so much time and money on me over the years, supporting me at all my football games, buying sweets and chocolate and football stickers after school. In my eyes he is someone I have always looked up to and I want to do something a bit special.

His birthday falls on the 28th May, which i believe to be around about the time of the Champs League final. However, I think he would find the whole experience a little too overwhelming at his age and he can't walk far before he needs to rest.

I have ordered a Parky DVD to get things started which shows 150 minutes of clips from his favourite episodes and backstage clips too.

I am his only grandson and suggestions of Blowup Dolls etc may also be slightly overwhelming at his age :whistling: but if you could help me and get the ball rolling with gift ideas and any other event ideas etc that would be great!

Thanks Shrimperzone!

why not go out for dinner? or take him out for lunch or something

A newspaper from the day he was born. I think you can find them on the net or go direct to the chosen paper.

just an idea but at 80 years old he probably does not need a lot or want a lot. How about.......putting together a memory box/suitcase/scrapbook for him. Trust me when I say they love this and also as he gets older and the memory begins to fade a memory box is a wonderful way for him to remember and also a great method of conversation. If you want any ideas PM me.

If he's a fan of Real Ale, I recommend a tour of The Adnams brewery at Southwold which has tasting sessions as well. Lovely restaurants nearby, a good interesting day out with lots of history. I took my 74 year old father -in-law last year and he had a great time.

Back