• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The team has won less games with Mohsni starting than any other player. He is definitely a talent, but to the detriment of the other 10 players on the pitch.

He's a flight risk, a fight risk, and is making PS look soft to the other players. Once this happens, you're already a few steps down the path of losing the changing room.

He's been given countless chances. He should have been given his marching orders 6 weeks ago imo.

I was having a chat to my mate last night about this and it turns out we're both not as bothered as we once were about Bilel.

I think last time things were a little different, we were in the top three and I still maintained the hope that we might get promoted. This time however I already feel the damage is done and my mindset is "if he goes it can't get any worse".

While he is an undoubted talent and I will love him forever just for the memory of Northampton away, I think it is time that the focus was put back on the team and Mohsni was taken out of the limelight.

I for one am not too bothered if he leaves, let some other team take the risk on him and good luck to them if he turns in to the player we all know he has the potential to.

Why would it alienate the fans? as said before he has had chances and plenty of them. in any other walk of life is behaviour would not be tolerated. Yes he is a talent but he is also a liability which is why PS doesnt know his best position. All players react to situations differently and you cant be responsible for the players actions once on the pitch, but he is a complete loose canon. As said before its not like he is the only match winner we have and our win ratio with him in the side isnt great. I feel sad for him and the club if this is the end, because he has given us much pleasure but also much heartache with his behaviour. I spent a whole day travelling with my boy on Saturday, cost me a lot of money and HE ASKS to be subbed and then buggers off. That im afraid is unacceptable. UTB with or without Moshni.

Hmmm

Alienate the team and keep him.

or

Alienate the fans and get rid.

There's only one way to find out.
I think you will find, as I alluded to in my earlier post, that the tide has turned. There may be a number who will be extremely disappointed if he goes but I think they will now better understand and accept the decision.
Just for the record I am not anti-Bilel, I loved his abilities on and off the pitch. In the end however, this has to be balanced with the effect his presence had on the rest of the squad and the evidence furnished which showed the prognosis for a change in his behaviour was pessimistic.

No player is bigger than the club.

He can go with my blessing. Along with Hall, Dickinson, Ferdinand and any others who continually step out of line.

No player is bigger than the club.

He can go with my blessing. Along with Hall, Dickinson, Ferdinand and any others who continually step out of line.

Hall, Dickinson, Ferdinand haven't continually done so, in fairness. I just think we should hold onto him incase a rival wants to sign him.

Please Bilel be a good boy!

Hall, Dickinson, Ferdinand haven't continually done so, in fairness. I just think we should hold onto him incase a rival wants to sign him.

Please Bilel be a good boy!

A rival can't sign him (at least this season) as it's outside the transfer window.

The issue for fan's reaction isn't just the reaction now, but also the reaction if he manages to sort his head out and goes onto success elsewhere. It'll be like Gary Hooper and Michael Kightly all over again.

A rival can't sign him (at least this season) as it's outside the transfer window.

The issue for fan's reaction isn't just the reaction now, but also the reaction if he manages to sort his head out and goes onto success elsewhere. It'll be like Gary Hooper and Michael Kightly all over again.

But if we release him, he is a free agent, can he not then sign for anyone at anytime?

Bilel keep doing boxing and chilling out and that, and then please be a calm bloke!

But if we release him, he is a free agent, can he not then sign for anyone at anytime?

Bilel keep doing boxing and chilling out and that, and then please be a calm bloke!

No, because he was still with a club at the end of the transfer window.

Free agents can only sign at any time if they were unattached at the end of the transfer window.

Sorry Dave but give it a rest ... you sound like a spotty little boy who's just been dumped by his girlriend and is pleading for another chance, that you'll change

Bil is gone .. SUFC remains

Put him out to graze and retain his registration?

I reckon Paolo would have him, they have simular natures and he would understand him!

I was, and still am I suppose, a massive supporter of Mohsni. However, even I think that this is his final call with this club. I very much doubt we'll see him play again and I'm absolutely gutted about that, but more for what might have been I think - he had the potential to be an absolute legend but for whatever reason hasn't been able to translate raw talent into professional football. Good luck to Bil with whatever he does, but I don't think his future can now be with Southend, which is such a shame.

BTW, this statistic doing the rounds of 41% win ratio when he starts? I reckon we can directly attribute 12 points to him this season with goals scored at essential times.

Anyway, I eagerly await Luggy's announcement, although I fear I know what it will be.

and how many points has he lost us by ruining team morale?
I hope we release him and he joins Swindon - then we might catch them!

Sorry Dave but give it a rest ... you sound like a spotty little boy who's just been dumped by his girlriend and is pleading for another chance, that you'll change

Bil is gone .. SUFC remains

Exactly you would think from some of the hysteria on this site that we were getting rid of Lionel Messi. Moshni has been a gamble that didn't pay off, he has been a liability for some time goodbye.

With Mohsni gone , what do you expect will happen ?
The team suddenly gels ? Gilbert starts passing to his own team ? Barker gets an injection of pace ? We win all the remaining games and lift the championship ?
Answer : none of the above.
Mohsni is flawed and maybe always will be , but he is the best ( only ) entertainment we have in the team right now.
The problems don't disappear when he goes.

Back