• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

With Mohsni gone , what do you expect will happen ?
The team suddenly gels ? Gilbert starts passing to his own team ? Barker gets an injection of pace ? We win all the remaining games and lift the championship ?
Answer : none of the above.
Mohsni is flawed and maybe always will be , but he is the best ( only ) entertainment we have in the team right now.
The problems don't disappear when he goes.

What the hell has entertainment got to do with it. Passion and ability mean diddly squat if not applied in the right way. Being entertaining and passionate on the pitch means sod all if your antics cost us points or lead to the team morale sinking faster than the Titanic. Stop and think for a minute back to when the instability and inconsistency on the pitch started to happen. Bilel will not play again for Southend United, that's a given. And if for some miracle he actually does pull on the blue shirt again then there is going to be some very VERY ****ed off and demotivated players out there on the pitch just when we can well do without.

As much as I love the good parts of Moshni, last time I thought he should have gone. This time he has to go. If he wasn't injured when he asked to be subbed (and I don't know the detail), then for me thats a bigger two fingers to the southend badge than Tevez (allegedly) showed to the Man City one. As much as he entertains me, even forgetting his past, for that he can do one.

What the hell has entertainment got to do with it.

Entertainment is what gets the floating supporters to part with their cash and take their places in the stands.

There has been precious little of it at Roots Hall this season and Mohsni has been involved in a high percentage of what there has been.

Surprised he hasn't been blamed for those infractions at Morecambe; he seems to be being blamed for everything else.

Can I just ask, for clarity, exactly what Bil's supposed to have done on Saturday as I wasn't there.

From what I gather he asked to come off, injury? or do we know otherwise.
I also understand he refused to shake Benyon's hand as he came off, not the first player to have done so when not happy.
Also it seems he had words with some home supporters, again not the first player to do so.
It is also reported that he travelled home, alone, on the train.
Also reported that he has gone home to France.

Which of the above are incontrovertibly true? And which may be conjecture?

Regardless of what decision is made it will be a great shame to lose Bilel, he is in general a fans favourite to the supporters who go week in week out.
He is continuosly played either out of position or we find he ends up playing 3 positions in 1 match, regardless of him being a professional footballer there appears to be alot more expected from Bilel than other players in the team.
If he starts on the right he is also expected to go to centre half and then to upfront aswell.
It's no wonder he is ****ed, he is unsettled because we are not playing him in a set position. If he has a tantrum he can blame him he ends up all over the pitch and there are others in the squad putting minimul effort in on the pitch in recent weeks and aren't fit to put our shirt on.

I feel if he is let go this will deter some supporters from coming to games as he is loved by so many and he is the one in the side everyone is looking to see his name on the teamsheet.

Get rid of Hall, the most inconsistent player we have had in years, whenever trouble erupts he is always in the thick of it. For a player he is suppose to have turned a corner it really shows when he has breached club discipline and been oplaying poorly when he has played

Regardless of what decision is made it will be a great shame to lose Bilel, he is in general a fans favourite to the supporters who go week in week out.
He is continuosly played either out of position or we find he ends up playing 3 positions in 1 match, regardless of him being a professional footballer there appears to be alot more expected from Bilel than other players in the team.
If he starts on the right he is also expected to go to centre half and then to upfront aswell.
It's no wonder he is ****ed, he is unsettled because we are not playing him in a set position. If he has a tantrum he can blame him he ends up all over the pitch and there are others in the squad putting minimul effort in on the pitch in recent weeks and aren't fit to put our shirt on.

I feel if he is let go this will deter some supporters from coming to games as he is loved by so many and he is the one in the side everyone is looking to see his name on the teamsheet.

Get rid of Hall, the most inconsistent player we have had in years, whenever trouble erupts he is always in the thick of it. For a player he is suppose to have turned a corner it really shows when he has breached club discipline and been oplaying poorly when he has played

The reason Bilel hasn't been playing in a set position is because he can't be trusted in what should be his best position, centre-half.

The choice we are faced with is whether we want to play as a team, like we were when we went 18 games unbeaten, or if we want to play as individuals.

Do people actually know what happened on Saturday? Maybe someone knows and you've all been PMing it to eachother but it looks to me like there's very little info to base a decision on. If we don't know what was really going on on Saturday then how can we predict the Club's reaction to it?

The reason Bilel hasn't been playing in a set position is because he can't be trusted in what should be his best position, centre-half.

The choice we are faced with is whether we want to play as a team, like we were when we went 18 games unbeaten, or if we want to play as individuals.
I don't want to play devils advocate but what is it with fans going on about our unbeaten run? To my reckoning Bilel was in the squad for at least 14 of those unbeaten games so clearly it was not such a bad influence then. One thing I do know though is that we still played poorly in a lot of those games and there is a finite number of times you can play badly and get results. We more than used up our quota and now, as performances have slid further, our shortcomings have come back to bite our proverbial.

Do people actually know what happened on Saturday? Maybe someone knows and you've all been PMing it to eachother but it looks to me like there's very little info to base a decision on. If we don't know what was really going on on Saturday then how can we predict the Club's reaction to it?

or, indeed, form our own opinion on what should happen although he's being crucified by many already. Looking a bit like a scapegoat at the moment.

For me, this is an example of what is wrong with our fans. How unrealistically high our expectations are.

Last year, Hall was the number one player in league two for assists with 18. He complimented this with 9 goals. In just 36 appearances.
This season, Hall is once again the number one player in the league for assists with 15, well on target to beat last years total. He already has beaten last years total for goals with 11 and in far less appearances, 25. In fact with 15 assists and 11 goals, he has contributed to 26 goals in 25 appearances, more than one a game what more does he need to do to be labelled consistant????? He has consistantly been number one in the league for doing what a player of his position is paid to do, set up his team mates to score.

Yet despite being number one in his field for two seasons, and improving on the performance that made him number last season, he is labelled inconsistant and recomended to be sold off.

Unbelievable assessment. Yes, his off the field antics leave a lot to be desired, but most inconsistant player in years, well well off the mark in my opinion.

How about trying this?
Give Mohsni the Captains armband, make him the clubs Ambassador a la Easton last year, thereby investing in him and forcing him into a career route that would detract from his failings and ultimately, one would hope, lead to him becoming the stable legend we all want.

How about trying this?
Give Mohsni the Captains armband, make him the clubs Ambassador a la Easton last year, thereby investing in him and forcing him into a career route that would detract from his failings and ultimately, one would hope, lead to him becoming the stable legend we all want.

The Joey Barton experiment?

Please could someone outline all of the misendeavours of Bilel since joining SUFC because I think it's important these are considered in context.

How about trying this?

From what I have read it sounds like we would go out onto the field with 1 player and the others refusing to play under Bilel!

For me, this is an example of what is wrong with many fickle football fans. How unrealistically high our expectations are.

Last year, Hall was the number one player in league two for assists with 18. He complimented this with 9 goals. In just 36 appearances.
This season, Hall is once again the number one player in the league for assists with 15, well on target to beat last years total. He already has beaten last years total for goals with 11 and in far less appearances, 25. In fact with 15 assists and 11 goals, he has contributed to 26 goals in 25 appearances, more than one a game what more does he need to do to be labelled consistant????? He has consistantly been number one in the league for doing what a player of his position is paid to do, set up his team mates to score.

Yet despite being number one in his field for two seasons, and improving on the performance that made him number last season, he is labelled inconsistant and recomended to be sold off.

Unbelievable assessment. Yes, his off the field antics leave a lot to be desired, but most inconsistant player in years, well well off the mark in my opinion.

edited for accuracy

All will come out in time........

Back