• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Finished watching Killing Eve, it’s alright easy watch and look forward to a second series.

People Just Do Nothing.

Not a classic finale and I am sad to see it go but the last series and a half ran out of ideas.

Watched the three hour-long episodes of The Long Story Song on BBC1 yesterday evening - very well done. Set just at the time the Brits abolished slavery it touched just about every emotion. Recommended.

Last edited:
Watched the three hour-long episodes of The Long Story on BBC1 yesterday evening - very well done. Set just at the time the Brits abolished slavery it touched just about every emotion. Recommended.

Think you may mean "The Long Song" which was on over the last 3 nights, watched this and loved it, if you liked The Long Song I highly recommend you watch "Imagine" on BBC iPlayer it was on BBC 1 at 10.45pm on Weds 19th Dec.

It is all about Andrea Levy who wrote The Long Song, and her in depth research to the actual people that appear in the book.

BBC said:
Imagine: Andrea Levy: Her Island Story Alan Yentob presents a profile of the novelist Andrea Levy, charting her journey to become one of the country's best loved contemporary novelists. He looks back at her best-selling novel, Small Island, which captured the imagination of readers around the world, and her most recent novel, The Long Song, has recently been adapted by the BBC,

BBC iPlayer "Imagine" link

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0bw9d69/imagine-2018-andrea-levy-her-island-story

ABC Murders - indisputably loosely based on the Agatha Christie book of the same name, and starring John Malkovich with the weirdest Belgian accent on earth.

So appalled at the treatment of a classic Christie by Sarah Phelps, that I've roused her into responding on Twitter telling me to "shush now"! Fed up with over-sexualising by the Beeb of Christie's books. So many inaccuracies and chronological errors in this one, plus the fact Poirot weirdly has a back story placing him as a priest and sports a grey beard, when even up to his final case, he used hair dye and boot polish to maintain a black moustache!

ABC Murders - indisputably loosely based on the Agatha Christie book of the same name, and starring John Malkovich with the weirdest Belgian accent on earth.

So appalled at the treatment of a classic Christie by Sarah Phelps, that I've roused her into responding on Twitter telling me to "shush now"! Fed up with over-sexualising by the Beeb of Christie's books. So many inaccuracies and chronological errors in this one, plus the fact Poirot weirdly has a back story placing him as a priest and sports a grey beard, when even up to his final case, he used hair dye and boot polish to maintain a black moustache!

I've only watched one episode and I have a rough understanding of the book. My dad is a massive Christie lover, specifically Poirot and he was fuming over it. Not the only one. From what I can see, the characters changed, the places changed and the reasoning changed?

Oh dear.

I saw your tweet on the BBC feed as well. :Smile:

I've only watched one episode and I have a rough understanding of the book. My dad is a massive Christie lover, specifically Poirot and he was fuming over it. Not the only one. From what I can see, the characters changed, the places changed and the reasoning changed?

Oh dear.

I saw your tweet on the BBC feed as well. :Smile:

I thought it was crap. Make a new story rather than mess with original quality. Clearly trying to make it "relevant" with pseudo-political references and cod-psychology. BBC does so much quality without this sort of stuff.

Sally4Ever - very rude, very funny Julia Davis comedy. Don't watch with your mum!

Sorry for quoting myself, but the end of Episode 4 was one of the funniest things I have ever seen. I laughed until it hurt and I haven't done that in years.

Grizzly Bear cubs and me. A two parter from BBC. Gordon Buchanan joins the Pazhetnovs, a pioneering family of biologists, in snowy Russia to rehabilitate the six orphaned grizzly cubs back to the wild. Absolutely enchanting viewing. 10/10

I thought it was crap. Make a new story rather than mess with original quality. Clearly trying to make it "relevant" with pseudo-political references and cod-psychology. BBC does so much quality without this sort of stuff.

Exactly - don't advertise it as a Christie if it's not one!

Oh, and thanks @Napster for searching out Sarah Phelps's response to me to "like" it!!!

Last edited:
The Lake District - A Wild Year - one of the most visually stunning and beautifully shot programme's I've ever seen of the U.K. Available on the Beeb i-Player and an hour well spent....

TV/Film/Documentary: Bros: When The Screaming Stops.

Now I'm in no way a Bros fan, but this was a good documentary about the brothers Goss (no mention of Ken). Spinal Tap moments of comedy, touching sentiment about their family and the unresolved tension of a front man and a drummer. Recommended even if their music leaves you cold - it's on Iplayer.

TV/Film/Documentary: Bros: When The Screaming Stops.

Now I'm in no way a Bros fan, but this was a good documentary about the brothers Goss (no mention of Ken). Spinal Tap moments of comedy, touching sentiment about their family and the unresolved tension of a front man and a drummer. Recommended even if their music leaves you cold - it's on Iplayer.

very funny!

I didn't really get any sentiment from it though, just two guys who over indulge themselves and their feelings. No doubt they had tragedy in their lives but everybody does it is just their ego's that make them build everything into a massive deal.

With lines like "it's because of Stevie Wonder I made a conscious decision not to be superstitious" you know you are going to be entertained. It's like Gervais and Merchant created the Goss brothers.

Has anyone had a crack at the new Black mirror interactive episode Bandersnatch?

Not sure if it is brilliant or distinctly average? the more I think about it I'm edging towards brilliant, Black Mirror always seems to have you thinking about the episode for days after. This one is a bit of a mind ****, is choice an illusion?

Back