• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

After all the talk of Better Call Saul here I've just picked it back up from where I left it a few years ago (end of season 3) - surprised at how easily I got right back into it; it really is bloody fantastic.

Just started to re-watch The Last Kingdom on NetFlix. Only 4 series of 10 episodes per series so it shouldn't take long. I've been a faithful follower of all Bernard Cornwell's books throughout his writing career and this is pretty close to the orignal books.

Just started to re-watch The Last Kingdom on NetFlix. Only 4 series of 10 episodes per series so it shouldn't take long. I've been a faithful follower of all Bernard Cornwell's books throughout his writing career and this is pretty close to the orignal books.
Yes, the lead Uhtred actor has grown on me, should be taller though.
I am reading the latest book in the series and it is good but the story is coming to an end.

Sound like my dad! Bernard Cornwell seems to bring a book out every November, it's sorted my dad's Xmas present for many years now

Season 3 of Westworld, good to see Aaron Paul again. I like him as an actor and especially when he’s not playing a chavy druggy.

I couldn't really get into this so I gave up after around 3 episodes of season 1.
Is it worth having another go?

There are a lot of twists in it. It can get very confusing and you have to stay fully concentrated on it. You can’t sit on the Zone and watch it at the same time. If you pay full attention to it season 1 & 2 are very good.

I've always loved a good sports documentary even when its about a sport I'm not really into. Loved Senna and I find F1 pretty boring. I never watch basketball but I'm absolutely loving the last dance on Netflix, primarily focused around Jordan but the episodes on Pippen and Rodman were great. Particularly liked the Rodman episode. 2 more have been added today, reckon I'll take one of them in on my lunch break

I've always loved a good sports documentary even when its about a sport I'm not really into. Loved Senna and I find F1 pretty boring. I never watch basketball but I'm absolutely loving the last dance on Netflix, primarily focused around Jordan but the episodes on Pippen and Rodman were great. Particularly liked the Rodman episode. 2 more have been added today, reckon I'll take one of them in on my lunch break
Last Dance is incredible. I'm really into NBA but my missus isn't really, but we're both absolutely hooked. Didn't realise they had so much behind the scenes footage. The yanks really know how to do a good sports documentary. Wish we had some programmes like this for UK sport stories. I know ESPN did a few 30 for 30s that are great, but imagine if we had behind the scenes for England 86/87 Ashes, or United 99 season.

Last Dance is incredible. I'm really into NBA but my missus isn't really, but we're both absolutely hooked. Didn't realise they had so much behind the scenes footage. The yanks really know how to do a good sports documentary. Wish we had some programmes like this for UK sport stories. I know ESPN did a few 30 for 30s that are great, but imagine if we had behind the scenes for England 86/87 Ashes, or United 99 season.
I watched one of the 30 for 30 docs, the 2 Escobars.

really good

Have binged watched Schitts Creek on Netflix. a lighthearted comedy that makes the time go by. Found The English Game very entertaining. Have also got into the Repair Shop. Incredible the items they can recover!

Loving The Last Dance, something to look forward to every Monday. If you ever get a chance go to a live NBA game in the US. It’s amazing, I went to watch the Miami Heat in 2015 and it was outstanding. Next time I go out to the US I’ll make sure I get to another game. Their sporting events are exactly that events! It’s not just about the game it’s about the whole event

Back