• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Thought the Finding Jack Charlton documentary on BBC2 last night was well worth watching.Always liked "Wor Jackie".A leader of men. Humbling to see how much he was reduced by dementia at the end of his life too.Just when he should have been enjoying all those great memories.
Like Jackie, had that similar quality that Cloughie had and the ability to get the best out of mediocre players.

Football's Darkest Hour

The former - just incredible how things went on for so long without anyone whistle blowing. Paul Stewart's personal story was so sad. Next two episodes on over next two nights I believe. Do watch if you haven't already.

If anyone hasn't seen this (sp. Football's Darkest Secret), it's absolutely essential viewing. Very brave and honest accounts from all involved and particularly Ian Ackley and the documentary maker at the time - Deborah Davies.

Recommended.

If anyone hasn't seen this (sp. Football's Darkest Secret), it's absolutely essential viewing. Very brave and honest accounts from all involved and particularly Ian Ackley and the documentary maker at the time - Deborah Davies.

Recommended.

Hey, nice to see you buddy. Yes, you're quite right, it's Secret not Hour. Have watched them all now, very, very moving.

You too. Thought I'd drop in. Am intending to watch the game today, probably from behind the sofa!

Hope you are keeping well.

Finally bought the box set of Line of Duty and am working my way through them (currently one episode in to Series 4).

Quite brilliant. The writing, filming and acting is of the highest. Martin Compston, Vicky McClure and Adrian Dunbar are consistently great, but guest appearances from Lennie James and Keeley Hawes were quite outstanding.

One small blip was killing off Jessica Raine after one episode. That can never be a good thing.

Apart from that, it's some of the best drama ever put out by the BBC.

Other recommendations from the last few months :-

Unforgotten
The Bay
Life
Moving On

Thanks, mate.

Yes, I hadn't seen it before so bought the first 3 series on boxset during the winter and was instantly hooked. Sanjeev Bhaskar is very good and Nicola Walker is as excellent as she has been in so many other things.

They make a really good team and I really enjoy how you get introduced to everyone in the first episode of each season and as the episodes go on they all link together.

Finished Season 10 of The Walking Dead and what a load of rubbish the last few episodes have been. I really do hope the next is the last and they put it all to bed.

Finished Season 10 of The Walking Dead and what a load of rubbish the last few episodes have been. I really do hope the next is the last and they put it all to bed.

I really dont know what those last few episodes were all about. Think they were just filling time till the new series

Thanks, mate.

Yes, I hadn't seen it before so bought the first 3 series on boxset during the winter and was instantly hooked. Sanjeev Bhaskar is very good and Nicola Walker is as excellent as she has been in so many other things.
One of those series that fits like a comfortable old pair of slippers! Personally, I rate it higher than Line of Duty.

Have just watched Your Honor. Bryan Cranston as a judge with a huge problem. Annoying in parts, but we'll worth the 10 episode watch.

Looked at 'Intruder' last night on the not very fashionable Channel 5. It's OK and on the first episode, I'm willing to commit to the next three. I'm usually ready to give short miniseries the benefit of the doubt. For me to watch something which comes back for a number of seasons, it has to be something special i.e. Peaky Blinders, Unforgotten, Spiral (Engrenages).

Back