• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Hmm I’m a little bit disappointed with that ending.
So, after all that we still don’t know who ‘H’ actually is for sure?

I think Hastings called her (Carmichael) bluff by confessing to letting slip about the under cover officer, as he knew she wouldn’t report him, and therefore he knew she was bent (and not in a Jo Davidson kind of way)...

I'm going to have to watch it again, just to make sure what I thought happened, did happen.

I thought it was Ok actually. Bearing in mind it’s obviously set up for S7
I just felt it was a real shame to end the series on a flat episode that was 5/10 at best, when every other episode from the start of S1 has been a solid 7/10 minimum and every other season finale has been really exciting.

Whilst I get the ending I suppose that's the problem of having a series such as this run for so long. It's knowing when to quit when ahead....

It definitely had the feel of a series that wasn't sure if it was being renewed so Jed wrote something that could be viewed as a downbeat conclusion. They get H but he turns out to be nothing more than an idiotic middle man for far more dangerous people who they're nowhere near to catching. I know SZ bans politics but Hastings' rant at the end about incompetent people falling upwards with no accountability felt a lot like the showrunner venting about the government so it wouldn't surprise me if that inspired the downer ending. If it does end we can assume that under Carmichael institutionalised corruption carried on largely unchallenged as she's more focused on catching lone offenders than the bigger picture.

At the same time they did leave it open for the show to continue if it does get renewed, Hastings mentioned he'll appeal retirement and Kate mentioned to Steve she might be willing to join anti-corruption again. If it gets renewed I'd guess Hastings is allowed to continue working but on the condition he is second in command to Carmichael.

Back