• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Just finished a re-run of the last season of Game of Thrones. Just as good, if not better than first time around.

John Bishop's Australia.
I didn't think I would like Bish much or find his stories interesting, I was very wrong. He comes across very well and is an interesting reporter of modern Ozzie and it's culture.

Happened upon Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets whilst channel-hopping the other night….wish I hadn’t. Visually good but the acting and dialogue both as bad as it gets.

Starting watching but found it too depressing, and your right put me off going inside!

I'd stick with it. As others have said, it's an excellent drama. There are some minor inaccuracies, particularly with what happens to the PO at the end and the fact that Stephen Graham's character does absolutely EVERYTHING in the prison, but pretty much accurate in other ways - the "napalm" (boiling water and sugar), the pool balls, the battling for hierarchy, and having cons with some of the most serious crimes on orderly duties.

Sean Bean's characterisation is, I guess, how most of us would feel - disgust, bewilderment etc. Tremendous acting from both him and Stephen Graham.

Kev was prepared to be very critical, but he was sucked into it too.

Last edited:
I'd stick with it. As others have said, it's an excellent drama.
and the fact that Stephen Graham's character does absolutely EVERYTHING in the prison, but pretty much accurate in other ways - the "napalm" (boiling water and sugar), the pool balls, the battling for hierarchy, and having cons with some of the most serious crimes on orderly duties.

Sean Bean's characterisation is, I guess, how most of us would feel - disgust, bewilderment etc. Tremendous acting from both him and Stephen Graham.

Kev was prepared to be very critical, but he was sucked into it too.
I was wondering about Stephen Graham’s character’s fate at the end?

Given the respect he had and length of service how would he have been dealt with in real life? I still feel he was the real victim in this whole series.

Would he have been shown leniency?

Given the respect he had and length of service how would he have been dealt with in real life? I still feel he was the real victim in this whole series.

Spoiler:  
No, I don't think so. Kev predicted his sentence correctly - he'd never have been put in the prison where he'd worked though, not even while waiting for sentencing.

Last edited:

No, I don't think so. Kev predicted his sentence correctly - he'd never have been put in the prison where he'd worked though, not even while waiting for sentencing.
Good job nobody is going to watch the third episode on Sunday then!

Good job nobody is going to watch the third episode on Sunday then!
Yeah, sorry, I started off being good in my original post and not giving anything away - I'll go back and try and add a spoiler! Has that worked?

Checked on this again, and Kev said that the kid was the problem, he'd have been ghosted around plenty of prisons to try and keep the hands off him. There's no way the drug boss's reach would have been across the whole prison network. Also, knowing he'd been attacked, his dad would have been kept a very close eye on, so no going into cells on arrival and closing the day, for instance.

He had another screw bringing in firearms while he was at Pentonville, imagine that!

Back