• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The plan was to sprinkle Mum's ashe's in Leigh Creek, behind the ****le sheds this morning.
What could possibly go wrong?.
Unfortunately the tide had gone out more than I had expected for the time, so had to walk across the mud.
Whoops, i'd forgot how slippery & deep Leigh mud is, my shoe's sunk, & I fell forwards into it, still clutching on to Mum's ashe's!
Thank goodness for the shower facility at Belle Wharf.
Onto plan B, scattered them in The Library Gardens instead.
Oh dear, hopefully a lot drier and safer in Library Gardens.

Cant believe the swear filter ( or what-ever it's called ), deleted most of Leigh on Sea's renown product at The Old Town from my post!.

Not hacked off but I went for a long walk on the seafront - sad to see the remains of the Esplanade.
Know what you mean Rob. I spent many evenings of a misspent youth in the disco that used to be there in the late 60s early 70s. It used to be hilarious seeing how many of the girls there could pile into the ladies loo when the old bill called in checking peoples' ages. Weird how some things stick in your mind.

Looking for some advice really, anyone had this happen before?

(Bit long winded, but I’ll try and keep it as brief as possible.)

So, my missus and her mum went to The O2 on Friday night for a concert (Rita Ora)

They had seats on The Deck, which are upgraded seats. O2 advertise it as “Premium Seating”. It’s located at the very back row of the lower tier. The seats themselves, are basically bar stools, that are bolted to the ground, with a bar ledge in front of you.

As you might expect at a pop concert, people tend to stand and dance. Annoying, but hey ho.

Unfortunately you can’t stand in The Deck area, as the seats are too close to the ledge in front. So if you’re unlucky enough to be seated here, and the person in front on you stands, you have no chance of seeing what’s actually going on.

You can assume where I’m going with this?

Well, the crux of the problem isnt necessarily the fact that people were standing, it’s actually that when my missus’ mum asked the stewards if they could do something about it, the advice she was given, was to kneel on her stool, for a better view.

Obviously, unbeknown to them, this lady is nearly 60-years-old, and has recently beaten cancer, but she has terrible osteoarthritis & incredibly weak, brittle bones now. There is no earthly way she could have kneeled on a bar stool, to watch a concert (And why should she, after paying for a SEAT) It’s just awful customer service.

A complaint has gone into the O2, but I’d like to know if anyone has had any previous experience of this, or if you’re clued up on the various health & safety laws, that I’m assuming would have been broken, if she’d been mad enough to actually do it.

Looking for some advice really, anyone had this happen before?

(Bit long winded, but I’ll try and keep it as brief as possible.)

So, my missus and her mum went to The O2 on Friday night for a concert (Rita Ora)

They had seats on The Deck, which are upgraded seats. O2 advertise it as “Premium Seating”. It’s located at the very back row of the lower tier. The seats themselves, are basically bar stools, that are bolted to the ground, with a bar ledge in front of you.

As you might expect at a pop concert, people tend to stand and dance. Annoying, but hey ho.

Unfortunately you can’t stand in The Deck area, as the seats are too close to the ledge in front. So if you’re unlucky enough to be seated here, and the person in front on you stands, you have no chance of seeing what’s actually going on.

You can assume where I’m going with this?

Well, the crux of the problem isnt necessarily the fact that people were standing, it’s actually that when my missus’ mum asked the stewards if they could do something about it, the advice she was given, was to kneel on her stool, for a better view.

Obviously, unbeknown to them, this lady is nearly 60-years-old, and has recently beaten cancer, but she has terrible osteoarthritis & incredibly weak, brittle bones now. There is no earthly way she could have kneeled on a bar stool, to watch a concert (And why should she, after paying for a SEAT) It’s just awful customer service.

A complaint has gone into the O2, but I’d like to know if anyone has had any previous experience of this, or if you’re clued up on the various health & safety laws, that I’m assuming would have been broken, if she’d been mad enough to actually do it.

Yeah thats on the O2. Terrible advice. No experience but basic commonsense and some H&S experience - have you asked to see their risk assessments and H&S policies on standing? I would expect at least an apology and refund, and probably some freebies.

Yeah thats on the O2. Terrible advice. No experience but basic commonsense and some H&S experience - have you asked to see their risk assessments and H&S policies on standing? I would expect at least an apology and refund, and probably some freebies.

No apology so far. All they’ve done is sent a generic email, and asked for proof of a blocked view. They haven’t even acknowledged the complaint regarding being told to kneel.

On their website, they clarify some of their policies...

Standing is deemed Ok for some events (weird, you can stand for a concert, but I know you’re not allowed to do the same for a sporting event)

And they do say you cannot stand on chairs, or in aisles or gangways at any time.

Their smallprint T&C’s say they can’t/won’t offer refunds or compensation for a blocked view.

I could accept that, for a generic seat, but if you’re paying nearly double the price for an upgraded seat/view/experience, the very least you expect, is to be able to see the performance, never mind being told that you have to kneel on the seat to see it.

Have you mentioned it on their social media accounts? I find if you hound those you tend to get a quicker response than emails these days.

Have you mentioned it on their social media accounts? I find if you hound those you tend to get a quicker response than emails these days.

Given them a chance to handle it privately.

If not, then yeah, that’ll be the next course of action.

Nah, **** that! Straight to social media it’s how you get results.

The Evening Echo do a good line in complaints.

Glum looking family plus Staffordshire bull terrier on a DFS sofa outraged that their son had been excluded from primary school for tramlines and a diamanté stud earing.

Working from home today and I thought as it was a nice morning I'd get the garden furniture out the shed. Soon as I did it turned overcast, windy and cold. :Angry:

Back