• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Flight compensation - almost everyone I know that's ever put in for flight compensation gets it at the drop of a hat. Us? No, despite being 5 and a half hours delayed on our return flight from Jamaica in February, and the pilot saying the delay was down to "technical issues", Tui are defending their decision not to issue the standard compensation.

This is what they say:
The change from the Original Aircraft to the Actual Aircraft was necessitated by the occurrence of a problem caused by an LGW air traffic control facility, having tripped the ground power.

And then:
When effecting the change from the Original Aircraft to the Actual Aircraft, TUI learned that the
Actual Aircraft had a hidden manufacturing defect, in that one of the parts of the Actual Aircraft was due to expire at 12:20 UTC on the Flight Date. It was anticipated that the defect would take
approximately two hours to remedy.

Just would have been nice if, for once, a bit of luck actually went our way! It's the same with PPI, being strung along for nearly two years and being assured Halifax owed hubby and his ex some money, then, right at the end, they decide they don't. I know people that have had thousands of pounds back!

Don''t see anything in there that explains/justifies why you're still not entitled to compensation from Tui.

Flight compensation - almost everyone I know that's ever put in for flight compensation gets it at the drop of a hat. Us? No, despite being 5 and a half hours delayed on our return flight from Jamaica in February, and the pilot saying the delay was down to "technical issues", Tui are defending their decision not to issue the standard compensation.

This is what they say:
The change from the Original Aircraft to the Actual Aircraft was necessitated by the occurrence of a problem caused by an LGW air traffic control facility, having tripped the ground power.

And then:
When effecting the change from the Original Aircraft to the Actual Aircraft, TUI learned that the
Actual Aircraft had a hidden manufacturing defect, in that one of the parts of the Actual Aircraft was due to expire at 12:20 UTC on the Flight Date. It was anticipated that the defect would take

Just would have been nice if, for once, a bit of luck actually went our way! It's the same with PPI, being strung along for nearly two years and being assured Halifax owed hubby and his ex some money, then, right at the end, they decide they don't. I know people that have had thousands of pounds back!

have you looked into CEDR?

This is what they say:

And then:

I would let the Civil Aviation Authority deal with it.https://www.caa.co.uk/Passengers/Re...ms/How-the-CAA-can-help/How-the-CAA-can-help/

A technical problem or overbooked is always seen as the Airlines fault, and they have to pay out. Bad weather or a security risk, and they don't have to pay out. Yours is clearly a technical problem, and they are trying it on.

I would let the Civil Aviation Authority deal with it.https://www.caa.co.uk/Passengers/Re...ms/How-the-CAA-can-help/How-the-CAA-can-help/

A technical problem or overbooked is always seen as the Airlines fault, and they have to pay out. Bad weather or a security risk, and they don't have to pay out. Yours is clearly a technical problem, and they are trying it on.
TUI is covered by CEDR, as explained on the CAA website.
https://www.caa.co.uk/Passengers/Re...-CAA-can-help/Alternative-dispute-resolution/

Yes, but surely it's better to deal with it yourself with the help of the CAA, rather than getting a third party involved?
That's how the Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) process works.

I'm not an expert (I had a delay resolved directly with an airline), but the CAA have authorised a number of bodies (CEDR, aviationADR etc.) to mediate disputes between consumers and airlines. The CAA doesn't directly provide this service, but approves the bodies to which airlines are members of.

TUI are a member of CEDR, so you go through the CEDR process if you want to resolve a dispute with TUI.

I don't know if it works similarly to my racket, but if a complaint is escalated to a regulatory body (Lloyds or FCA) we have to pay for them to look at it, hence when people say they will escalate a claim we often pay a small compensation to avoid a complaints escalation charge from Lloyds/FCA/Ombudsman. It may be worth telling TUI you plan to escalate the complaint to a regulatory body and see if they pay you something to avoid it?

I'm not sure these regulators are much cop in aviation though going on the practices Ryanair get away with

That's how the Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) process works.

I'm not an expert (I had a delay resolved directly with an airline), but the CAA have authorised a number of bodies (CEDR, aviationADR etc.) to mediate disputes between consumers and airlines. The CAA doesn't directly provide this service, but approves the bodies to which airlines are members of.

TUI are a member of CEDR, so you go through the CEDR process if you want to resolve a dispute with TUI.

Oh, O.K. I just thought OBL would like to keep it basic and not involve a third party or any costs.

Thanks guys, have already registered the complaint with CEDR, which is what TUI themselves suggest.

Friday so far!

Got up, opened the bedroom door bare foot and trod in a freshly delivered slimey hair ball right out side the door. Cat is sitting there smiling nearby with that I just did that look on his face.

Quick shower removes hair residue. Carry on with the day and think 'I'll wear a Southend United polo shirt today'. Check wardrobe, no Southend gear at all!! I've obviously been visited by the wardrobe fashion police. Quick chat with the fashion police operative reveals they have been put away to give more space in the wardrobe for the summer. FFS.

I now reckon I could do with a D Ream moment. Pah.

My gym has individual changing rooms/showers.

It is amazing how long some people take to get changed and the amount of preening they do.

Now I'm obviously no fan of Theresa May, but the press have been focussing on the fact, and asking, "Did she cry?" Now I don't remember this question being asked of any resigning male PM. It stinks of terrible sexism and even the (supposed) left leaning BBC and Guardian are just as guilty of this as The Daily Mail.

Now I'm obviously no fan of Theresa May, but the press have been focussing on the fact, and asking, "Did she cry?" Now I don't remember this question being asked of any resigning male PM. It stinks of terrible sexism and even the (supposed) left leaning BBC and Guardian are just as guilty of this as The Daily Mail.

Political Police, Political Police, remove this post mods, the rules are being broken.

I want to share with the fine people of SZ what’s hacking me off, specifically today, but we’re not allowed to talk about it. Such a conundrum

:Dizzy:

What the hell are you talking about man?
Anyway, here's a nice song for you.

Can’t listen to it at the moment mate.

I’m busy watching an old re-run of Deal or No Deal on Challenge (Sky 145, freeview 46). It’s gripping stuff. There’s some blonde fella playing today’s game.

Back