• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Exactly, now showing my age, watched 'Those magnificent men in their flying machines' yesterday afternoon for about the 30th time!. One of my favourites, any film with Terry Thomas in it, worth watching.

I always found that, and 'It's a mad mad mad mad world' unique. Both you could watch again each year, as they tended to play both on different weekends for about 10 years on the trot, always getting a high audience.

A golden age of film making - Monte Carlo or Bust, The Great Race, as well. Always loved It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world - those swaying palm trees, lol!

Anyways, probably should be discussing these on the films thread rather than what's hacked us off - all your fault @MK Shrimper !

A golden age of film making - Monte Carlo or Bust, The Great Race, as well. Always loved It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world - those swaying palm trees, lol!

Anyways, probably should be discussing these on the films thread rather than what's hacked us off - all your fault @MK Shrimper !

Not me. It was Grandpa Simpson and his ilk.

Absolute Bollox post as usual, its a live and doing well, you should visit the regeneration town that is happening rather than read Wikipedia old boy :Thumbs up:

Haven't been there for years now. But I seem to remember reading it was under threat of closure from the Tory local council some years back.Always enjoyed my visits to the film club or shows there+appreciated the real ale in the upstairs bar.

Left ankle and achilles tendon suddenly started reall hurting when I got off the train last night and I can barely walk.

Harry Billinge a D-day veteran and hero has to wait until he is 94 to receive an MBE and I salute you sir.

However Joe Root at not yet 30 and not actually won a lot or set the world on fire yet gets one as well!

Our bathroom scales. I always thought digital scales were accurate, but having just stood on them they record that I am 3lb heavier now than on Christmas Eve. I will never trust those scales ever again as they plainly incapable of accurate weighing.

Harry Billinge a D-day veteran and hero has to wait until he is 94 to receive an MBE and I salute you sir.

However Joe Root at not yet 30 and not actually won a lot or set the world on fire yet gets one as well!

Coiln Graves, the serial destroyer of the domestic county set-up, got an honour. Laughable.

Anyone who says ‘winner winner somethnig dinner’. I want to smash them in the face with a plate

How are you now?
Proper flu, man flu or plagued?

Proper flu. Been laid up since boxing day, feeling a tad better. London trip cancelled so that's £100 down the pan, no DIY done. Panto on NYE so better be 100% well. Bar Christmas day this break has been proper ****e.

Proper flu. Been laid up since boxing day, feeling a tad better. London trip cancelled so that's £100 down the pan, no DIY done. Panto on NYE so better be 100% well. Bar Christmas day this break has been proper ****e.
Tough break, I used to get any bug going after a heavy work period or deployment was over and I got home and relaxed.
Lemon tea, honey and ginger is the only comfort that half works.

Tough break, I used to get any bug going after a heavy work period or deployment was over and I got home and relaxed.
Lemon tea, honey and ginger is the only comfort that half works.

Lemsip keeps it down during the day but it kicks in at night. Next year I am definitely getting a flu jab!

Back