• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Harry Billinge a D-day veteran and hero has to wait until he is 94 to receive an MBE and I salute you sir.

However Joe Root at not yet 30 and not actually won a lot or set the world on fire yet gets one as well!

These sorts of honours are handed out like sweets now and don’t hold the honour they used too.

Harry Billinge is a national hero and deserves way more than an MBE the same honour a prick like Lewis Hamilton has had since 2015. A bloke who doesn’t live in this country for tax purposes and races a car round a track that is designed, built and tested by other people.

These sorts of honours are handed out like sweets now and don’t hold the honour they used too.

Harry Billinge is a national hero and deserves way more than an MBE the same honour a prick like Lewis Hamilton has had since 2015. A bloke who doesn’t live in this country for tax purposes and races a car round a track that is designed, built and tested by other people.
I don’t think anyone should have honours. It’s anachronistic and outdated

The fact that is still tied to the Empire we no longer have is ludicrous. How anyone of colour can accept one is staggering.

If they are proud of their achievements, proud of their country and proud that they were once part of the empire......Then why wouldn't they.

And if people of colour didn't have their names put up for these 'shiny baubles' you would still bitch. Get over yourself.

Jimmy Saville, Cyril Smith, Ian DS - all Knighted.

Paul Weller, David Bowie and John Lennon told Liz to stick it. I know who's company I'd rather be in (and yes I know JL originally accepted it).

Jimmy Saville, Cyril Smith, Ian DS - all Knighted.

Paul Weller, David Bowie and John Lennon told Liz to stick it. I know who's company I'd rather be in (and yes I know JL originally accepted it).

Were they the only three you could think of? Have fun in the company of a couple of dead guys, especially the wife beater.

The sheer arseyness of Shrimperzone over this Christmas/New Year period. Arseyness in ChitChat, arseyness on here. It's a totally arsey place to be at the moment.

The "honours" system HAS fallen into disrepute, no doubt.
However there are, have been, and will be, deserved recipients of recognition for worthy, special service to community and country.
If MK is anti political favour and alike then I am in full agreement and also the few year wonder sport people getting paid fortunes is crass low brain sweeteners, let them finish a career and put stuff back into their fields..

Were they the only three you could think of? Have fun in the company of a couple of dead guys, especially the wife beater.

Lol you're happy that serial paedos got a gong and that's the best comeback you have? Oh dear perhaps keeping schtum when you know you've lost the argument should be your new year's resolution!

The "honours" system HAS fallen into disrepute, no doubt.
However there are, have been, and will be, deserved recipients of recognition for worthy, special service to community and country.
If MK is anti political favour and alike then I am in full agreement and also the few year wonder sport people getting paid fortunes is crass low brain sweeteners, let them finish a career and put stuff back into their fields..

They should remove the term Empire. It needs totally modernising to have any value IMO.

Lol you're happy that serial paedos got a gong and that's the best comeback you have? Oh dear perhaps keeping schtum when you know you've lost the argument should be your new year's resolution!

I'm sorry, are you saying you were aware of Saville & Smith? Wow, what can I say, never knew you were such a visiony.

Couldn't give us all the winner in the 3.20 at Kempton Park next Saturday could you?

SFOS.

Back