• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

People who try to get back into work after the fire alarm has gone off.. used to be a guaranteed 3 Pinter back in the day

A - it was 930am
B - no pubs were open.
And mostly C - I'd get very sacked. Immediately. It's not 1974.

That's another thing I liked about the 70s. When it was quiet at work, people used to go down the pub, Lol, and no one got sacked for it.

When I started as a BR apprentice at Ilford in 88 it was the done thing for management to go down the pub a neck as many as they could in 45 minutes at lunchtime. How times have changed!

On top of The Alps and it is ****ing it down with rain.

Global warming in full effect. The locals have never seen as little snow in February

Did you fly, or drive there?
Was your ski gear ordered via Amazon and delivered to your door over several visits by one of those handy Eastern European slaves in a white van?

I walked, raising awareness on the way...

I will be flying from Southend in a few weeks with a luxury transfer, courtesy of some marine insurance broker/underwriter type bloke. (So really the British tax payer)

Nothing personal but hope you end up stuck in your chalet for the next 5 days because of some record snow storm......If not enjoy the sunshine.

45 minutes... when did lunch stop being. 11.30 till 1.30 .....?

There were two "shops" at Ilford. A & B, A had an unpaid lunch and had to work 45 minutes longer than B, B's lunch was a paid 20 minute break (IIRC).

B finished on a Friday at 2.30 whilst A had work through until 4pm. This is in the days of clocking in & out.

You can imagine that every apprentice wanted to work in B - it was lighter, electrical work whereas A was the heavy duty bogies & wheelsets (including working on trains with an open **** pipe that we got 50p a day working on). You got absolutely flithy in A shop, your hands and arms got covered in thick black oily gunk.

Happy days (not).

Tilbury power station, years ago, had a social club on site!

Police bar in Tilbury was the best when working in there

Always remember drinking in there and one of the police dogs was laying down licking his bolloxs

My friend said "I wish I could that " quick as a flash a copper shouted across the bar "Give him a biscuit and he will let you ":ROFL:

That same poxy picture that is wheeled out every time it rains a bit out west .
where the church and all the original village are high and dry and all the new stuff is under 3 feet of water .. also it’s not an effing disaster. It’s a bit of a bad day

Anyone get caught up in the traffic chaos earlier, after the A127 was closed near Rayleigh Weir, due to a fatal accident?.
I didn't personally, but live on the A13 in Leigh, & traffic was crawling by till about 7.30pm. It usually eases up after 6,30pm.

Anyone get caught up in the traffic chaos earlier, after the A127 was closed near Rayleigh Weir, due to a fatal accident?.
I didn't personally, but live on the A13 in Leigh, & traffic was crawling by till about 7.30pm. It usually eases up after 6,30pm.
Wife left Basildon at 1645, she got home to Foulness 3 hours later, normally takes her just over an hour !

Wife left Basildon at 1645, she got home to Foulness 3 hours later, normally takes her just over an hour !

Dear me, just what you need at the end of the week??. Hopefully she's got the weekend to recover!.
But looking ahead around 3 years, when all those homes are built opp the Kursall, & 100's more in Rochford, Ashingdon & where-ever, that journey will be a shocker every day?.

Back