• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mum and Dad have decided that they will be spending Christmas at home on their own. Am fed up to the back teeth of all this bloody Covid stuff.

We are thinking of having Christmas early with my in laws. Not sure my father in law will make it to Christmas Day.

Mum and Dad have decided that they will be spending Christmas at home on their own. Am fed up to the back teeth of all this bloody Covid stuff.
Well said. ?
Same situation with us, it’s my parents 50th Golden wedding anniversary this year.
As their gift we have booked & paid for them to spend this Christmas week in Cornwall with myself, wife & kids & brother also going.
It’s something we’ve always talked about doing for years but never quite got round to.

My parents told me yesterday they (understandably) don’t want to go now as they don’t feel comfortable travelling due to Covid & won’t be able to visit cousins etc who live down there.

P!$$ed right off as we have all spent such a long time looking forward to it plus not sure how I stand regarding refunds although that’s the least of my concerns.

Well said. ?
Same situation with us, it’s my parents 50th Golden wedding anniversary this year.
As their gift we have booked & paid for them to spend this Christmas week in Cornwall with myself, wife & kids & brother also going.
It’s something we’ve always talked about doing for years but never quite got round to.

My parents told me yesterday they (understandably) don’t want to go now as they don’t feel comfortable travelling due to Covid & won’t be able to visit cousins etc who live down there.

P!$$ed right off as we have all spent such a long time looking forward to it plus not sure how I stand regarding refunds although that’s the least of my concerns.

Indeed. Sometimes Covid is a convenient excuse.

:Winking:

Leave it out will you.
We were all looking forward to it, my Dad really isn’t in the best of health & it was a good reason for us all get together.

Not everything is a laughing matter & worthy of a smart ar$e comment.

Apologies if that upset you. It really was just trying to cheer you up a bit...

We are thinking of having Christmas early with my in laws. Not sure my father in law will make it to Christmas Day.
I'm so sorry to hear that.

And far too many trees and decorations up.

I don't have a problem with it this year, people are just trying to get a bit of magic into their lives. I'd normally be in the "not till 1st December" camp, but this year is a bit of an exception.

Back