• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I've just read that they are remaking bill and ben but its going to be called

"Bill and Ben, The flowerpot PEOPLE"

Absolutely ****ing bull****
I noticed some refuse collecting ladies today working on the bin trucks.
The use of Binmen is certainly outdated.

Good luck to the ladies for being brave and getting stuck into what had been an overwhelming Male dominated work force.

I noticed some refuse collecting ladies today working on the bin trucks.
1.The use of Binmen is certainly outdated.

2.Good luck to the ladies for being brave and getting stuck into what had been an overwhelming Male dominated work force.

1.What vwas wrong with "refuse collectors"?

2.Agreed.

So today I found out that e-scooters can do up to 50 mph. WTF. I found out because of the echo story about a mother just pulling her child out of the way in time in Basildon, and the scooter then being confiscated by the police, who then said these things can go up to 50 mph. You see them more and more everywhere at the moment and they weave in and out of people in the High Street at silly speeds. My own little experience came as one missed me by a fraction in Southend High Street last week. It was heading towards me full speed, and he just expected me to move aside, which I didn't. He jumped off and we exchanged pleasantries. I must be truthful here and say that when I was younger, I would go for one of these scooters. Looking into it, it seems some are restricted to 15mph, which I think is fair and sensible, and safer for the general public. But to have one or more of these heading towards you at or near 50mph on a pedestrian part of the High Street, is not on.
This is the one confiscated, and if this hits you at speed, you're going to know about it.

12070388.jpg

So today I found out that e-scooters can do up to 50 mph. WTF. I found out because of the echo story about a mother just pulling her child out of the way in time in Basildon, and the scooter then being confiscated by the police, who then said these things can go up to 50 mph. You see them more and more everywhere at the moment and they weave in and out of people in the High Street at silly speeds. My own little experience came as one missed me by a fraction in Southend High Street last week. It was heading towards me full speed, and he just expected me to move aside, which I didn't. He jumped off and we exchanged pleasantries. I must be truthful here and say that when I was younger, I would go for one of these scooters. Looking into it, it seems some are restricted to 15mph, which I think is fair and sensible, and safer for the general public. But to have one or more of these heading towards you at or near 50mph on a pedestrian part of the High Street, is not on.
This is the one confiscated, and if this hits you at speed, you're going to know about it.

12070388.jpg

You just know that is being 'evaluated' in Basildon police station car park.

12070388.jpg

This will please you then....

Those trial ones only do 15mph, so not so bad. That's interesting tho Ricey, as those fast ones that are now bombing about everywhere in Southend on pavements and Roads are meant to be on private land only. I won't be grassing, but at least I can point that out to the next one that aims for me. Also, even the legal Spin e-scooters can only go where a bike can go. scooters are not allowed on the pavement,

Last edited:
Those trial ones only do 15mph, so not so bad. That's interesting tho Ricey, as those fast ones that are now bombing about everywhere in Southend on pavements and Roads are meant to be on private land only. I won't be grassing, but at least I can point that out to the next one that aims for me. Also, even the legal Spin e-scooters can only go where a bike can go. scooters are not allowed on the pavement,

Only? You do realise that's still a lot faster than most people run, but without the control?

The charming and aggressive lady drivers of the spares parts suppliers for the motor trade.

If their not tailgating you their cutting you up and then saying thank you with a festive finger or two!

Reactions: RHB
The charming and aggressive lady drivers of the spares parts suppliers for the motor trade.

If their not tailgating you their cutting you up and then saying thank you with a festive finger or two!
What does their gender have anything to do with anything?

A mate of 40 years, we used to be in North Paddock, had his life support turned off today, after 3 organs identified to be used to save lives.
Andy was 69, very fit, great runner in his day for Southend AC.
He was on his cycle, 10.40 am on Saturday, hi viz top, helmet, on a roundabout on A14 and wiped out by a lorry.
His children and grand children are devastated.
No amount of fault finding or blaming can help the pain and waste.

With the stuff above about e scooters and stuff it is not enough for an individual to do everything they can to be safe is it?

Closing a thread then opening it up to make a snide remark before closing it again. If you want to close a thread then fine but don't misuse your power to make a snide comment then close it again. Delete it, oh and while you have time on your hands, take a look through a few other threads where politians, and govenment are mentioned. They are politial as well so better get deleting.

Closing a thread then opening it up to make a snide remark before closing it again. If you want to close a thread then fine but don't misuse your power to make a snide comment then close it again. Delete it, oh and while you have time on your hands, take a look through a few other threads where politians, and govenment are mentioned. They are politial as well so better get deleting.

What thread?

Useless Weather forecast!. No mention of rain this morning, up at 5am for Leigh Station Boot Sale & it was pouring down till 5.25am. Drove to the station at 6am, & it belted down again till 7.15am.
Stuck in the car until then, but that totally killed the day, very few 'sellers' & the least amount of punters i've ever seen down there.

The vast majority of spare part drivers are women I would assume.
It certainly seems to be the case in the Southend area and I have been on the end of their cheery gestures more than once as well. Time is obviously of the essence in their world and other drivers had better get out of their way.

Mindless idiots that seem to think that it's fireworks night every weekend, especially tonight in our area.

Back