• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

My tweet was a reply to a friends tweet of a video of Phil Spencer shooting a dear and being really proud of it.

My reply was ‘Hope someone shoots him, ****’.

Twitter have banned me for the following reasons:

You may not promote violence against, threaten, or harass other people on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religious affiliation, age, disability, or serious disease.

I mean I get that it’s probably not in good taste but I don’t think that’s the correct reason for banning me.

Can we call you Katie Hopkins from now on?

My tweet was a reply to a friends tweet of a video of Phil Spencer shooting a dear and being really proud of it.

My reply was ‘Hope someone shoots him, ****’.

Twitter have banned me for the following reasons:

You may not promote violence against, threaten, or harass other people on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religious affiliation, age, disability, or serious disease.

I mean I get that it’s probably not in good taste but I don’t think that’s the correct reason for banning me.

But some of the absolute bollocks they do allow..........there were a load of people commenting about Rylan Clark Neal the other day, and his continued absence from his R2 show and TV, and one said they hoped he'd topped himself like so, showing a gif of Homer Simpson supposedly committing suicide by hanging. That was deemed ok by Twitter.

But some of the absolute bollocks they do allow..........there were a load of people commenting about Rylan Clark Neal the other day, and his continued absence from his R2 show and TV, and one said they hoped he'd topped himself like so, showing a gif of Homer Simpson supposedly committing suicide by hanging. That was deemed ok by Twitter.

Yep I’ve seen far worse over my years on Twitter, I’ve appealed it twice with the same result. My account is banned for good.

Having a subway (Italian BMT) and have discovered that the option of carrots from the salad options has been discontinued.

My daughters year group has been sent home due to a Covid outbreak.

We’ve had a couple of emails from my eldest twos school saying they’ve got cases but luckily haven’t had to send whole year groups home.

The speed at which iPlayer makes available a live event to watch rather than a pre-recorded event.

I managed to avoid all news of the England result yesterday and settled down to watch it at 20:00. I couldn't start watching it until close to 23:30

Bill Cosby being released on a technicality. Alleged to have drugged and raped an unknown number of women and underage girls. At least 55 have come forward. He was tried and convicted for just some of those women, and was serving time, but it has now been overturned by the Supreme Court with the help of Cosby's super lawyer team. (How lucky are the super rich to be able to afford a super lawyer team). He can't be re tried on those cases, but there are loads more that he can be tried on. It just needs more brave women to come forward and take him to court. A lot of the women have the same story that Bill Cosby was a huge star, and would invite them to a hotel room on the pretence of offering them a part in his show or a new show he was working on. So they thought they were there to talk and get a big break. But he would use date rape drugs put in a drink. After, they knew they had been raped, but couldn't remember it happening. But some had regained consciousness as he was raping them. Those he would warn their acting career would be over if they said anything.
This guy is one of the worst sexual predators ever. Let's hope he goes to court again, but this time is locked up for good.

Bill Cosby being released on a technicality. Alleged to have drugged and raped an unknown number of women and underage girls. At least 55 have come forward. He was tried and convicted for just some of those women, and was serving time, but it has now been overturned by the Supreme Court with the help of Cosby's super lawyer team. (How lucky are the super rich to be able to afford a super lawyer team). He can't be re tried on those cases, but there are loads more that he can be tried on. It just needs more brave women to come forward and take him to court. A lot of the women have the same story that Bill Cosby was a huge star, and would invite them to a hotel room on the pretence of offering them a part in his show or a new show he was working on. So they thought they were there to talk and get a big break. But he would use date rape drugs put in a drink. After, they knew they had been raped, but couldn't remember it happening. But some had regained consciousness as he was raping them. Those he would warn their acting career would be over if they said anything.
This guy is one of the worst sexual predators ever. Let's hope he goes to court again, but this time is locked up for good.

It's actually an interesting legal argument that thankfully doesn't apply here, and I actually understand where his legal team are coming from. But, and this is important, understanding the legal argument doesn't mean I have any sympathy for the man. I don't, and I hope other victims come forward and he ends up back in jail.

The legal argument is that years ago he waived his 5th Amendment rights (the right not to self incriminate) during a civil case one woman brought. She ended up with a $3m settlement. As mentioned, part of that deal to waive his 5th Amendment rights was that he wouldn't be tried for those crimes. They're not super lawyers, all they did was argue that he made a deal that the prosecutor reneged on. The prosecutor simply should never have made such bad deal, but given he did, he should have kept to it.

As I said, there's a massive distinction between understanding the legal argument and thinking he should be free. He shouldn't, and I hope he ends up back where he belongs. Personally I think the prosecutor that made the deal with him should be locked up too.

Last edited:
Where did that massive roundabout come from at the junction of Rawreth Lane and Hulbridge Road? First time I've encountered it and it was rammed.

Where did that massive roundabout come from at the junction of Rawreth Lane and Hulbridge Road? First time I've encountered it and it was rammed.

It was part of the deal/sweetener/bung to RDC from the developers of the new village in Hullbridge.

It's actually ok but got lights at the moment whilst they tidy up the surrounding area.

It was part of the deal/sweetener/bung to RDC from the developers of the new village in Hullbridge.

It's actually ok but got lights at the moment whilst they tidy up the surrounding area.
Maybe I'll think a bit more kindly towards it when all the bits are finished then. It was a total bollock when I went through it at 4 this afternoon.

Back