• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It was part of the deal/sweetener/bung to RDC from the developers of the new village in Hullbridge.

'New village', last time i saw it, it resembled a small town!. I lived in Ferry Rd between 72-78 when traffic to Rayleigh & back was ok.
Dread to think what it's like now??.

Maybe I'll think a bit more kindly towards it when all the bits are finished then. It was a total bollock when I went through it at 4 this afternoon.

I went through about the same time (schoolboy error) and yes it was a bit bollox.

I have just discovered that an ex-colleague has been accused of using his prominent position as an expert in his field to harass several women.

He and I work in a fairly niche area of technology and on the back of these allegations he has effectively been excommunicated by an open letter which effectively destroys his career.

I am not for a moment condoning his actions but if you deem someones actions serious enough to warrant destroying their career and reputation then surely you should seek to do so using the legal system rather than social media.

Last edited:
Wow, total chaos or what?. They've certainly got a hectic month ahead, what could possibly go wrong??.
I'm not sure it will be much different than June was in the Borough. It seemed that no matter where you drove in Southend you encountered temporary traffic lights and barriers.

Facebook being an **** and restricting my ability to share/post links for no apparent reason. Seems plenty of other people have the same problem atm, so don't know if it's a glitch or what!

Facebook being an **** and restricting my ability to share/post links for no apparent reason. Seems plenty of other people have the same problem atm, so don't know if it's a glitch or what!

As Van Morrrison says "why are you on Facebook?" :Smile:

TBF, I had a curious email from them earlier saying someone had been having problems trying to log into my account.Not me I hardly ever use it.If it wasn't for some occasional interesting updates from Rob Noxious and others I'd cancel.

I think it became evident during the last 12 months that it's in everybody's best interests to stop listening to anything that washed-up old **** has to say :Smile:

Personally, I'm quite grateful that he seems to have realised that releasing more product at the present time is his best chance of making cash.If on the other hand you're referring to some of his recent comments about covid and being forced to cancel gigs then I've got some sympathy for your pov.(I didn't even attempt to buy ridiculously overpriced tickets for a concert of his here last summer which was subsequently cancelled).

Seafront parking prices. We turned into Chalkwell Esplanade this morning to park up for short walk on the front. Last time we did that it was £1 for an hour. This time it was £2.50 for the same period. Duly got back in the car and drove further down the seafront.

Seafront parking prices. We turned into Chalkwell Esplanade to park up for short walk on the front. Last time we did that it was £1 for an hour. This time it was £2.50 for the same period. Duly got back in the car and drove further down the front.

My personal opinion is that we should be discouraging car travel to the seafront.

Tourists may benefit seafront traders but they don't really spread that money around the town yet the pollution and congestion caused by day trippers affects us all.

Maybe residents should get cheap parking and everyone else encouraged to use the two rail services into town?

Back