• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just walked round to the post office to post a couple of parcels, and it struck me that I really don't understand why people have driveways that are made up of shingle or chippings. It all ends up all over the path and going into the road! Makes it difficult to walk on sometimes too, especially when you're still going a bit gingerly because of the broken leg earlier this year!
There is a place on Benfleet Road that went for white gravel and the entire area looks like it has been hit by a hailstorm.

Looked awful from day one which is strange because most home improvements in that area are so tasteful and well thought out.

Just walked round to the post office to post a couple of parcels, and it struck me that I really don't understand why people have driveways that are made up of shingle or chippings. It all ends up all over the path and going into the road! Makes it difficult to walk on sometimes too, especially when you're still going a bit gingerly because of the broken leg earlier this year!

Yes, the same with one of my neighbours driveway. He's put gravel down loose, so after 2 weeks parking, it's everywhere on the pavement and on the road. Absolutely clueless not to use a binder or resin, that glues it together, protects it, and gives it a nice shine, and keeps it solid to drive and park on.

There is a place on Benfleet Road that went for white gravel and the entire area looks like it has been hit by a hailstorm.

Looked awful from day one which is strange because most home improvements in that area are so tasteful and well thought out.
The one that has just had a full refurb, not far from Ron's on the opposite side? I know what you mean, currently back on the market.

SUFC’s new club shop website not doing international deliveries. You’d think a company the size of Macron (especially given that they’re Italian…) could handle it.

New customs rules re goods from the UK to the EU came into force July 1 resulting in additional costs at both ends, plus more form filling. I was charged €5 to receive a package containing a small gift which took three weeks to arrive from the UK to Latvia and the sender had to pay much more than before. One of the consequences of Brexit that were not mentioned in that 'oven ready' deal. Minor inconvenience for the individual, but serious setbacks for businesses and trade in general.

SUFC’s new club shop website not doing international deliveries. You’d think a company the size of Macron (especially given that they’re Italian…) could handle it.
Sam, am happy to sort one and post it for you if necessary, you can just transfer me the money for it.

Sam, am happy to sort one and post it for you if necessary, you can just transfer me the money for it.
Thanks Kay, appreciate it. Vaccine and travel rules dependent I may be back for a few days early next month so going to wait and see what happens with that but may drop you a message if not.

Been in self isolation since Saturday, testing myself everyday, nothing, not so much as a sniff. Double jabbed can come in from just about anywhere in the world but I can't go to work ALONE in a lorry under threat of a £3000 fine.

What a complete bag of bollocks.
The rules seem to lack any logic or consistency. Are you at least still being paid?

Managed to get it as holiday so that's something. Still costing me and wont be taking the time off I did have planned as can't afford both.
That's ridiculous. All it will lead to is rule-abiding people being punished and people evading the covid controls. You'd have thought that after 18 months they'd have sorted this out. Hope you're at least enjoying your holiday at home.

Back