• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It's far simpler than that, it's just the family composition that research shows tends to lead to the best brand performance in adverts. That's why it's usually the same type of mixed family in every advert instead of something like a Sikh dad and Japanese wife, it's less about promoting diversity and more about maximising the advertising campaign's performance.
Agreed. Same sadly with regional accents. Some sell things. Some dont.

Work appear to have either turned off the heating or have switched the air con back on. I'm freezing. Another 6 hours of this. Might have to decamp to my car and work in their with the heating on using my laptop.
Ours has bust at work, I’ve just had to sign off on £6k to fix the compressor and get the whole system regassed!

And it won’t be sorted until next week.

It's certianly not on Babbel's list of nine words that we can all agree are ugly https://www.babbel.com/en/magazine/ugly-words-in-english

but I'd imagine we could agree that what it stands for is certainly ugly ,however you choose to define it.

Without getting too semantic I'm sure you'll remember this;- “When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, 'it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less." Alice in Wonderland.

The word nonce is an abbreviation.

It stands for Not On Normal Courtyard Exercise.

Hope this helps x

Got at parking ticket for parking in The Spa car park for just 25 minutes whilst paying respects to Les Baker on his final journey past his second home. Didn't even know they had cameras.

Last edited:
FIFA and the offside rule where the lino can't flag untill 10 minutes later.
The Cameroon game showed why they do that, their second goal looked miles offside in real time (even the goalscorer thought it would be disallowed and went for a ridiculous chip that he probably wouldn't have tried if he knew he was on), but VAR showed he was actually onside.

Back